No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 1 (901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really. They used footage from the first episode in "Threshold". Would you consider that a flashback episode or merely backstory for Teal'c?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Those were all new scenes. (mostly)
      sigpic

Comment

Except towards the end. Then after the conversation with Bra'tac, all the scenes shown were from Children of the Gods following through most of SG-1. Same as here, only in reverse. They showed the original F-302 battle but then halfway through they replaced with with all-new stuff. I don't see a problem with this.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Well if that is true why did you ask this??

Well the original footage was that good, why not use some of it and then just add to it?
          Because according to you they did.
          sigpic

Comment

Somehow I get the feeling my post wasn't written correctly, but when I say it in my head, it makes perfect sense.

Comment

OK no problem, hey by the way is getting really annoying.
              sigpic

Comment

Um, tough? I like it.

Comment

FINALLY!!!!! After a long wait, Season 9 begins syndication!

At first, I was afraid that Mitchell was going to be a stiff-neck character. But Ben Browder pulled him out nicely. Being a Scaper, I really enjoyed seeing him and Claudia back together. Those two have great chemistry together.

I really enjoyed Cameron's interviews with the potential candidates for his team--I especially enjoyed the push-up guy and the white coats with their 830(?)-page report on whatever.

I'm assuming Vala was just joking when she said she was pregnant with Daniel's child...

I also loved the part where John-er... Cameron and Teal'c were in that chamber together and Teal'c fires his weapon at the door, scaring the hell out of Mitchell.

I await the next Part.
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Wow, I'm on season nine already. Time flies when you'e having fun! I was quite worried about starting watching season nine, because the dynamic of the show was changing quite a bit. I'm quite stubborn and don't like change a lot in TV shows I really like, so I didn't know what to expect of this episode, and what I'd think of it, but I was determined to watch without any prejudice for prior-S9 SG-1. Anyway, my thoughts:

Jack: I'm glad he was in this episode, but I'm sad that he is no longer a cast regular. I missed him a lot in season 8, and it'll take a while to get used to him pretty much not being in the show at all anymore.

Sam: Not a lot of Sam in this one. She is my favourite character, so it was good to see her for a few moments in this episode, and obviously Amanda Tapping had good reason not to be in the first few episodes. I'm looking forward to her coming back!

Teal'c/Daniel/Vala: The Daniel/Vala interaction was fun. I think Vala's going to grow on me, I was unsure of her at first, in her S8 ep, but she seems pretty cool so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how Teal'c leaves Dakara to rejoin the SGC on a permanent basis.

Col. Mitchell: I was really worried about Mitchell. I've been dreading season nine for ages because I really like the SG-1 interaction between Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel, and didn't really give the new SG-1 dynamic much of a chance because I was dreading it so much. But on first impressions, Mitchell seems quite cool. I've only seen this episode of S9 thus far, but everything seems okay. I look forward to seeing different aspects of Mitchell's character, but certainly just now anyway he seems like a good character. I'm looking forward to seeing SG-1 properly come together with Mitchell being with Teal'c, Daniel and Sam - I think they'll make a pretty good team.

Gen. Landry: If I'm being completely honest, he didn't make a good first impression. But maybe he'll grow on me.

Storyline: Really liked it. I love all the stuff to do with Merlin...it's fun...can't wait to see how they get themselves out of the tricky situation they found themselves in at the end of the ep!

So yeah, I liked this episode, and I realised I didn't really have anything to worry about! SG-1 is still good, and fun. Though I will admit that I still prefer the original SGC and SG-1 team. But I'm looking forward to the rest of season nine.

I do miss Jack, General Hammond and Janet though.
                    "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Just noticed I haven't said anything about this ep yet.

So.. This was quite a shock in a way. Jack had suddenly disappeared and Carter, Teal'c and Daniel weren't going to stay in SGC. At first I almost fell in coma. That was just too shocking, although I almost knew that wasn't going to be the conclusion. After this ep I'm sad only 'cause Carter and Jack ain't comin' back and that sucks.

As an episode, this was very good, ignoring the fact that it almost made me slit my wrists open. Vala coming back softened my agonizing heart. It was very clever of Vala to link herself to Daniel with those bracelets. And when Teal'c and Daniel were back in action, I was relieved.

This new guy, Cam, I don't like that much yet. Possible reason to this phenomenom is that I worship Jack O'Neill, and I just miss him to be a leader of SG-1. Cam seems to think he's some kind of Mr. Perfect or something and he's way too arrogant for me to like him. Yet at least. Of course this season has just started and I can't judge him yet. I just hope he can fill the empty spot Jack left in SGC :/

This Landry guy was a bit... Well, I'm still neutral with him. He seemed annoying, though. But let's hope he'll turns out to be a good guy...

Sig made by SueKay

Comment

Just rewatched this one last night; my girlfriend saw it for the first time. I hadn't seen it since it premiered; upon closer inspection, I like it even more than I did back then. I'm sad because my work schedule changes in a couple of weeks and I won't get to see the follow-up pair of episodes, which I think are ten times better than this one, which I love in its own right -- so I'm urging my girlfriend, at least, to make time on Friday night at 7 while I'm slaving away at a restaurant to catch them, at least. (We don't have any sort of 'recordificating' technique right now, not even a VCR, le sigh. Hey, that reminds me. Maybe I should... buy one... anyway.)

Ahem, my girlfriend also loved it. She was skeptical over Jack leaving; mind you, she's seen bits and pieces of the series all throughout, including the entire first three seasons as I've recently purchased them. Aside from that, my obsessive-compulsive decisiveness in watching the Stargate franchise whenever it's on Sci-Fi and I'm not otherwise occupied with work or what-have-you has led to her seeing it from a very fragmented perspective, but she'd rarely seen past Season 8.

She adored Cameron, and, contrary to many voiced opinions of Landry in his first appearance, adored him even more. What she adored most, however, was the Daniel/Vala dynamic, which is exactly why I want to push her past the first batch of subpar episodes of Farscape so she can really see Claudia Black shine in her other incredible rollercoaster ride of a role, eventually. No matter -- for now, she can simply love Daniel/Vala, but one day I'll make her love John/Aeryn.
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

i must say that this was my favourite episode in SG-1.It's true when i saw it first that it will be no more o'neill i was a bit skeptical too but,i don't know after 15 min of watchin' i started to love it ).
                          I liked the story line and to be ones what i liked most was too see Claudia Black and Ben playn' together again

Comment

I was just watching through the Stargate Series again and I noticed this goof

in the first flashback of cam mitchell it shows his F-302 getting hit in the right thruster but his co-pilot says "we've been hit, Left thruster is down" and also shows the computer screen indicating that the left thruster has been damaged but this was not the case.

i found it amusing

Comment

This is my first mesage but i have to say i like this episode alot
                              How can any one not like daniel with all that facial hair. very nice but then again i do like the un shaven look on some people
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll make this short. I want the old team back. :'(

Comment

Working...
                                X