Avalon, Part 1 (901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

Similar bracelets were used in Farscape 3x19 "I-yensch, you-yensch".
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

THE PAGE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED!

Daniel was unconscious for hours and during that time the Daedulus left. It wasn't shortly after talking to Sam on the comm but HOURS went by.

It's just a small fact that NEEDS to be corrected.

Comment

Okay... typed this up weeks ago, but I haven't been around to actually post it. I won't be doing this for every episode like last season, but I have to state my opinion on the season opener, right? (I haven't read anything anyone else has said, so I don't know how much of this has been thoroughly discussed already. I'm guessing everything has...)

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
        of 'Avalon'

I really don't know what to think of this. Obviously, this was mostly set-up for part two - maybe I'll have some clearer feelings next week. It does feel good to have the show back, but since there's no SG-1 team at the moment it feels... off. Maybe another reason for this is that so much screen time is given to the new characters. I'm sure Ben Browder is going to work out well over the course of the season, but I can't honestly say I really care about his character much just yet. I'm sure it won't take long, though, as he does do a good performance. Not sure what to think of General Landry yet...

Random Observations!
        - The short opening sequence sucks. Now I really hope we get the full thing on the DVDs. (And why does it use the Atlantis wormhole sequence?)
        - So Ben Browder gets top billing, huh?
        - Credits font is much smaller now, isn't it?
        - It's been two years since the battle against Anubis?? This means that either a year has passed between seasons 8 and 9, or it's just a writer's screw-up.
        - Nice flashback sequences with col. Mitchell.
        - Hey, Sam was in it after all!
        - Cool, they mentioned the Wraith! Nice continuity between shows here.
        - Vala's quip about the physical resemblance between Daniel and Mitchell would have worked better if Daniel didn't have the beard and glasses. Her "I know we haven't met before" to Mitchell was funnier, though.

I guess I'll be waiting for part two before my brain can proccess this "new SG-1" any further.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I didn't know what to expect with so many cast changes. I just knew that Daniel and Teal'c were still there so I was still going to be watching.

What a treat this episode was. I liked Cameron right off the bat, he was so good. I have never seen Ben Browder in anything else so there was not a comparison going on for me.

Vala is just a hoot and she and Daniel make for rock'en chemistry together (not romance stuff). Didn't care for the beard.

Rob Cooper out did himself with this one. Cooper at his best is all I can say about it
          This post was written by LastMag

("last mag." is my favorite Jack O'Neill quote from the episode 'Thor's Hammer')

Comment

I think Daniel looks darling with a beard, but then, he always looks darling to me (except for when he's been evil, I can't stand him like that, I mean, he's not even Daniel then).

Cameron is unbelieveably likeable. I didn't expect that.

I despise Vala in this episode; she doesn't get cool until 'The Powers That Be'.

I love the connection with the Ancients and King Arthur. A neat plot device, as it were.
            Originally posted by Orce
            I enjoyed the episode. Cameron wasn't as bad as I feared he would be. Funniest moment in the episode has got to be when Teal'c shoots the stone covering and Cameron yells "Woah! Woah! Woah! Bullets bounce!"
            *laughs* I LOVE that part!
            Last edited by 1DanielForMe; 28 August 2005, 01:52 PM.

Comment

i know the episode was aired ages ago, but i needed to find this out - What was daniel saying about King Ambrosious and King Arthure being the same, and being really old at a particular battle? And could anyone expand on this theory - im more than a little confuzzled by it

Comment

I just saw the ep today and I thought it was really good. I really enjoyed the flashbacks of Mitchell and felt he was introduced really well. He has quite abit of personality that's already differentiates him alot from the others and I liked how he tried to be friends with every1, exspecially Teal'c but it wasn't quite working out, but the important thing is he tried. I was really happy to see Vala again, I loved her in Prometheus unbound, she was so funny and that kind of humour continued here, but near the end I think it did get abit much and she did became abit too annoying but still funny. I loved the outfit she wore and those bracelets she used to keep Daniel near her, if I was near Daniel, I woul use those bracelets too!! I really liked the new kind of mythology used, it makes a difference and that Merlin was really an ancient. I was getting a little bored of egyptain mythology normally being used and it was cool that it was based in England!
                sigpic

Comment

I think this episode was ok.... Nothing particularly interested me.
                  - Nice to see some Mitchell backround.
                  - Nice to learn more about the Ancients (facinating).
                  - Wonderful to see Vala again... she held my interest throughout the episode.
                  - Aweful time to cut the episode off... I would have preferred it air as a single episode in that case.... Then again? When is a good time?

Comment

Little known fact, while Jack may not own a motorcycle. But RDA does.

Comment

It's weird, after watching this episode again just a little while ago, I noticed the tonal shift between the two halves of the episode a LOT more. As soon as Vala arrives, Mitchell basically falls out of the picture and it's all about Daniel and Vala playing off each other in the midst of a zany sci-fi adventure.
                      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                        It's weird, after watching this episode again just a little while ago, I noticed the tonal shift between the two halves of the episode a LOT more. As soon as Vala arrives, Mitchell basically falls out of the picture and it's all about Daniel and Vala playing off each other in the midst of a zany sci-fi adventure.
                        Very true, it was like the ep was all about Mitchell, then Vala walked in and it became all about Vala and Daniel with Mitchell and Teal'c as background characters. Very interesting.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well, that wasn't so bad... Didn't see anything that gave me any inkling of Fargate... er... Farscape... But it reminded me in parts of Indy Jones, which can be fun, depending on how one looks at it.

So SG-1's back treasure hunting... with a new leader who's a fanboy. How sweet. I've decided I like this fanboy more than the other one called Felger. At least he doesn't grovel and fantasize. But when we do delve into the recesses of his mind, it's not horrifying stuff but flashbacks of how he was involved in Antarctica's defence in Lost City. I thought that was nicely done although I admit that it was a little cheesy to juxtapose his physio sessions with when our man down on his rear end in the fencing match and then get up and "find the strength within"

I don't mind Landry at this stage... he seems to have something of a personality. He's no Hammond but I see that as a positive rather than a negative. I like the cantankerous edge... and the nice thing is I think he's *in hushed tones* having too much fun...

I never really had a problem with Vala's character on PU per se... I just had a huge problem with PU's plot... Oh wait... there wasn't any... But Vala was better than okay here: a little devious, large doses prevarication and lots of sassy... A recurring Stargate female that isn't exactly a 1950s caricature... I can live with it.

So something's rotten in Dakara ... hmmm... so why is Teal'c treasure hunting instead of, you know, playing the politician... Can it be that he misses being in the saddle... Nah...
                          Last edited by Easter Lily; 24 September 2005, 12:06 AM. Reason: It suddenly hit me while driving that it was Dakara...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

One of the things that bothered me about this episode was that Vala actually expected to walk away with treasure. I know that she wanted to use Daniel as insurance, but was the whole thing just a ploy to be around Daniel again?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                              One of the things that bothered me about this episode was that Vala actually expected to walk away with treasure. I know that she wanted to use Daniel as insurance, but was the whole thing just a ploy to be around Daniel again?
                              It's possible. The way I understand it, Daniel was one of the few men who shunned her advances, which might have sparked her interest beyond the - well, you get the idea.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Huzzah for S9 in the UK.

This episdoe left me distinctly nonplussed. Mitchell seemed to have all the facial expressions of a cardboard box in the first half and the whole change in SGC management was shodily done and exceptionally abrupt.

Vala turning up was badly done from the beginning. None of the innuendo was at all funny and the whole plot seemd lakcluster. I'm really hoping it picks up but for the moment its not SG-1. It's SGLite.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X