No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 1 (901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I have to say I liked this episode. At first I was a little afraid because I knew Carter and O'neill wouldn't be in it, and well I was scared it wouldn't be good. But when I started to watch I really liked Mitchell, he is funny (but not like O'neill, he is not him, he is really someone else)
    And Vala is awsome, she and Daniel really are funny togheter.
    The flashback was the one thing I didn't like, because it wasn't necessary... Ok now you get to know Mitchell in that one episode but still I didn't think it was neccesery to use fragments of Lost city.
    And well finding the Ancient chamber I also find it was to easy. but maybe it is just easy to find.

Comment

I disagree with you on one point: the flashbacks were necessary to introduce Mitchell and to show he has saved the team once.

But on other points I completely agree with you it is a pleasure also to find someone who says Mitchell is not a O'Neill copy, on other forums, there are people who say that and it makes me mad
      Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I loved the flashback sequences of the battle over Antartica!
        Especially some close-up shots of the F-302! Superb!

One thing that MUST be mentioned is that the music from the
        air battle sequence is spectacular! It made me feel like I was
        watching a movie, not sure which one; maybe Independence
        Day!

Did anyone else like the music from the air battle sequences?
        sigpic

Comment

I don't bother mentioning the music much anymore 'cause just about all the music from Stargate is superb. It raises excitement when it wants to, stirs emotion when it wants to, I can't think of anything bad about any of it.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I liked the episode but 1st thought it started rather slow & IMO Lt.Col. Mitchell was trying to hard to be accepted, but it was more accepting towards the end.

Vala made the episode IMO, the chemistry between Daniel and Vala is fantastic, loved the Goa'uld prison band thing, that was real funny can't wait to see how they remove it.

I was so sad when the To be continued part come up as they were about to be crushed I guess thats why its a cliffhanger, now wehave to wait a week to find out what happens.

Overall good episode.

Comment

I can't help it, I'm a fervant believer of Season 9, and I think almost every episode is excellent, even the one dealing with the memory devices (which was an idea stolen from a Star Trek Voyager episode), and Mitchell's dying friend. I felt Avalon really fit the bill and did a great job thrusting us into season 9 and introducing a unsung hero.

I mean, its sorta like Wedge from Star Wars. Do you know the sh*t he did and who he saved? And he was never recognized during the movies by the Rebel Alliance! Mitchell is like Wedge in that he saved SG-1 but wasn't really mentioned by the show till season 9.

Comment

This was a good opening episode not the best of the season but cool I thought the return of valla was completely appropriate.
                sigpic

Comment

I understand that they needed an introduction to the new guy but I felt this episode should have kicked off with a little more ompf.

Comment

What do you suggest? There was a sword fight with a hologram......
                    sigpic

Comment

That was the next episode. This episode pottered along until the ceiling coming down bit.

Comment

Sorry I forgot for a second which thread I was posting in.

Well even so the introduction of cameron had its exciting moments. We got to see some new footage from the lost city which was cool.
                        sigpic

Comment

I got the feeling it was stitched...that is, they made new footage and stitched it in with the old.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                            I got the feeling it was stitched...that is, they made new footage and stitched it in with the old.
                            Yes I assume so, what other way would they do it?
                            sigpic

Comment

Well the original footage was that good, why not use some of it and then just add to it?
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Because that would make it a clip show episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X