No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate-Carter is my favorite character in Moebius I & II. I love how AT did it! ;DDD It was SO different from the real Sam we know. And you saw how they dress her? That didn't help. ;PP
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

These time eps, confusing, need I say more?
      When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

I've got a question, so I'm watching the siege part 1 from sga after just watching moebius parts 1&2 from sg1 season 8, assuming the sg1 team that has returned from the future from Egypt consists of the original Daniel and the rest being alternates, in the siege, the sgc sends reinforcements to Atlantis by order of "general" o'neill, if I'm not mistaken wasn't the sgc under command of general Hammond and alternate jack was still just a colonel? And so at the end of season 8 sg1, is this relatively the same universe/reality that we left after threads, season 8? Thanks for any clarification, I'm not sure if these are dumb or even relevant questions, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin1 View Post
          I've got a question, so I'm watching the siege part 1 from sga after just watching moebius parts 1&2 from sg1 season 8, assuming the sg1 team that has returned from the future from Egypt consists of the original Daniel and the rest being alternates, in the siege, the sgc sends reinforcements to Atlantis by order of "general" o'neill, if I'm not mistaken wasn't the sgc under command of general Hammond and alternate jack was still just a colonel? And so at the end of season 8 sg1, is this relatively the same universe/reality that we left after threads, season 8? Thanks for any clarification, I'm not sure if these are dumb or even relevant questions, thanks!
          Yes it is....basically.

Basically just ignore all the uh, crud in the two Moebius episodes except for the fact that the SGC now has a fully powered ZPM to send to Atlantis.

The "original" SG-1 team with "General" O'Neill died in Egypt causing the alternate SG-1 with "Colonel" O'Neill to go back in time. They also all died in the past creating a third timeline that was practically identical to the "original" time line so Jack was a General again. No one ever returned to the future via the time traveling PJ.

Hope that helped.

I loath Moebius because, for me, all of the "original" SG-1 did die in Egypt. And at the end of Moebius we pick up with an AU SG-1 that live in a reality very very very very similar to the one that the "original" SG-1 left when they traveled back in time to Egypt.

Ha! It's post #6,666 for me. How appropriate.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            Yes it is....basically.

Basically just ignore all the uh, crud in the two Moebius episodes except for the fact that the SGC now has a fully powered ZPM to send to Atlantis.

The "original" SG-1 team with "General" O'Neill died in Egypt causing the alternate SG-1 with "Colonel" O'Neill to go back in time. They also all died in the past creating a third timeline that was practically identical to the "original" time line so Jack was a General again. No one ever returned to the future via the time traveling PJ.

Hope that helped.

I loath Moebius because, for me, all of the "original" SG-1 did die in Egypt. And at the end of Moebius we pick up with an AU SG-1 that live in a reality very very very very similar to the one that the "original" SG-1 left when they traveled back in time to Egypt.

Ha! It's post #6,666 for me. How appropriate.
            <<cough>> Not a similar enough timeline.

I assume anything after this ep is AU and therefore is not *my* SG-1.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
              Alternate-Carter is my favorite character in Moebius I & II. I love how AT did it! ;DDD It was SO different from the real Sam we know. And you saw how they dress her? That didn't help. ;PP

Part of the reason they dressed Sam so frumpy was to hide her baby bump - aka AT's Olivia. That and it worked for the character.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                <<cough>> Not a similar enough timeline.

I assume anything after this ep is AU and therefore is not *my* SG-1.
                I would have preferred that these two episodes had never existed. I hate them with a fiery passion. AU S9 and 10 are nothing compared to this.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Oh, these eps are nothing to write home about, but for what came after.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    Yes it is....basically.

Hope that helped.

Thanks Lonestar that makes sense now, well, off to see what happens in seasons 9 & 10 now

Comment

Hammond was really good in this. Loved alternate Jackson and Carter, but not O'Neill. He was just too grumpy. So now Carter, O'Neill and Teal'c have been "rebooted". I'm not quite sure I like that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Watching this episode again good episode just one thing i would like to point out.

The Daniel from our timeline when telling the alternate SG-1 about the rebel movement against Ra obviously knows that they have a puddle jumper as he mentions the cloaking device, what gets me is that he doesn't seem to know that the stargate won't fit into the puddle jumper, one would think he would know this having arrived in the past using a puddle jumper.

When alternate Jack O'Neill is saying getting the gate away from Ra's ship will be a problem Daniel seems to have forgotten that the gate won't fit in the ship, that may not be true but Daniel does seem clueless about the whole thing that the gate won't fit in the ship.

Comment

Presumably, they would tether the gate to the bottom of the ship and haul it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            Presumably, they would tether the gate to the bottom of the ship and haul it away.
                            That's what they were going to do, my point is you think Daniel from the proper timeline would have allready known this, he doesn't seem to know that the gate won't fit in the ship which you think he would know since he arrived in the past using that same ship.

Comment

I didn't understand it that way. From the script:

Spoiler:
                              JACKSON: Which means we have to steal it and hide it from Ra.

O'NEILL: But it's out in the open, close to a ship.

TEAL'C: Holding such a position against a ha'tak would be virtually impossible, even for a short period of time.

CARTER: Also, the Gate is kinda heavy.

JACKSON: We also have a ship.

O'NEILL: Yes, but you see, the ship fits in the Gate, not the other way around.

CARTER: There has to be a way that we can cable the Gate to the ship -- fly it out.

O'NEILL: Yeah, but we've still gotta get close to it without being detected.

JACKSON: Well, that's easy. The ship has a cloaking device ... (the others stare at him) makes it invisible.

Jack does say the ship fits in the Gate not the other way around, but I didn't get the impression Daniel didn't know that. His mind has already solved the problem. He knows the ship can be cloaked and that they can tether the gate to it ( as well as the DHD,presumably) and fly it to wherever it needs to be buried.

That's how I saw it anyway.
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                                I didn't understand it that way. From the script:

Spoiler:
                                JACKSON: Which means we have to steal it and hide it from Ra.

O'NEILL: But it's out in the open, close to a ship.

TEAL'C: Holding such a position against a ha'tak would be virtually impossible, even for a short period of time.

CARTER: Also, the Gate is kinda heavy.

JACKSON: We also have a ship.

O'NEILL: Yes, but you see, the ship fits in the Gate, not the other way around.

CARTER: There has to be a way that we can cable the Gate to the ship -- fly it out.

O'NEILL: Yeah, but we've still gotta get close to it without being detected.

JACKSON: Well, that's easy. The ship has a cloaking device ... (the others stare at him) makes it invisible.

Jack does say the ship fits in the Gate not the other way around, but I didn't get the impression Daniel didn't know that. His mind has already solved the problem. He knows the ship can be cloaked and that they can tether the gate to it ( as well as the DHD,presumably) and fly it to wherever it needs to be buried.

That's how I saw it anyway.
                                I was left with that impression because while alternate sg-1 were talking about how to hide the gate from RA, Daniel was ferreting in his robes giving the impression that he wasn't listening to what was being said which made him appear clueless about the whole problem of hiding the gate, most likely he had gone over the hiding the gate problem a million times in his head and didn't feel the need to listen to alternate SG-1 talking about something he had gone over a million times in his head.

Comment

Working...
                                X