No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ending was pretty easy to follow. Ra undoubtedly had more Jaffa than were seen. However, once the Egyptians began to rise up, he'd lost control. SG-1 will make sure the stargate is left behind, and consequently, the future is restored. What was hard to follow? I loved how Part 2 gave us an alternate take on "Children of the Gods," that really was too funny. Jackson got Goa'ulded and killed by Teal'c. I love the Egypt Jackson's response to this. haha

Comment

They didn't show or explain Ra escaping that well or what happens to the Time Jumper. All they showed was stopping the one patrol.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I guess we were to presume that all of this happened off screen? Really, that didn't bother me. It was about bizarro SG-1 going back in time and helping the original Jackson set time right. I never expected to see the rebellion itself.

Comment

And they never showed us to set the time right. We are just suppose to assumed it happened off screen. We neve saw the rebellion happening and the original Stargate being left behind. We just assumed it happened. Too much off screen stuff
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Like I said, it didn't really bother me all that much. It's a TV show, and I'd rather time dedicated to time travel adventure than the rebellion itself. Do you think they'd have had the budget to depict it?

Comment

I really don't care if it met your expectations or not. The rebellion by definition would still be apart of the time travel adventure. And you are missing the point. The compliant is not about not just showing the rebellion. Its about rushing and not showing the conclusion in favor of some stupid Jack and Sam shipping and other unimportant characterization
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Shipping? What would you have cut to make room for the rebellion? How would you depict it within the confines of a TV budget?

Comment

They had already shown the start of it. Extras are realtively cheap. Its not like I'm looking for massive special and visual effects
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It's not just extras. There's costumes, props, set, sandy locations to shoot in, and then there'd be VFX to depict the area for wide shots and the departure of Ra's ship. Given that Ra only had a few guards in the original movie, I can suspend my disbelief that he'd only have a few Jaffa in "Moebius, Part 2." That was the implication from the flashbacks in the original film.

Comment

Most of which are already in the episode anyway making the cost quite small. You don't need to show some an elaborate and expensive escape. It would be nice but impractical to expect a huge VFX scene. I never wanted an expensive showing of the conclusion. Just actually a conclusion instead of it happening off screen
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

What kind of conclusion did you have in mind?

Comment

Thats not the point.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Sure it is.

Comment

Yes it is. How I would write a scene is a completely difference topic then not liking a scene.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought you were bothered by the absence of a scene rather than an existing scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X