Endgame (810)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
    To be completely (and somewhat brutally) honest I thought endgame was awful.
    Wow, someone who hated the episode more than me. Rivet, the fake leather jacket thing has been discussed at length, and I agree, but I have to agree to disagree on the Tok'ra woman. Didn't mind her at all.

Comment

>>>I'm kind of curious as to *why* Sam told The Trust guys about that particular planet not being worth the effort of launching the poison. What was so special about that planet? If she was telling the truth, why would she even say something, why not let them waste a rocket on a planet were there would be no casualties?<<<

Watch Carter's facial muscles twitching while she waits for the decision to launch or not. Either the lady faked them out. Or it was a useless garrison full of "innocent" Jaffa and she saved them.

I'm still not on board with "innocent" Jaffa. They are a deadly force used to enslave humans and if freed they would continue their warlike ways. Notice Sam's and Daniel's reactions to Jack's tough choice remark. It could have meant that Jack was ok with killing Jaffa versus his own team. Jack is a realist. The others miss the point in their idealism. Sam's reaction is telling.
      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
        Son of a...oh, DRAT.

Thank Thor for DVDs. Thanks.
        You were certainly took that better then my friend GWEN. When I told her of the almost four month break in Stargate and Atlantis, she had a quite few choice "words" for the folks at the SCI-FI Channel.
        sigpic
        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
          I'm kind of curious as to *why* Sam told The Trust guys about that particular planet not being worth the effort of launching the poison. What was so special about that planet? If she was telling the truth, why would she even say something, why not let them waste a rocket on a planet were there would be no casualties?
          Originally posted by Livi2Jack
          Watch Carter's facial muscles twitching while she waits for the decision to launch or not. Either the lady faked them out. Or it was a useless garrison full of "innocent" Jaffa and she saved them.
          Yeah, that would certainly seem to be the logical explanation, but one would think that The Trust guy would have been mightily suspicious of what he perceived as Carter actually helping them - by telling him that the planet was of no use to them. I would have thought he would have called her bluff and fired anyway. I didn't think he was gonna buy it as easily as he did.
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            I liked that Teal'c figured out how to dial into the gate.
            So just how did Tealc figure out how to deal the gate and rescue Daniel and Sam?

This was what I was thinking that since the ship was in orbit around earth, the gate address would still be the same. Maybe when Tealc deal it first it didn't connect because it wasn't hooked up yet or something. But he kept trying and eventually he connected. Since he won't know what was goin on he decided to announce himself first before coming thru.

how does that sound?
            sigpic
            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

He did connect, every time he dialed. But since the gate wasnt in the SGC he didnt get the "Iris open, come on through" message on his GDO! And when he tried using his radio, they did not respond.

Therefore, he went to the Alpha site, because he could not ascertain if it was safe to go to Earth.

Later, he tried once more for some reason or another, and when he was told to come through, he did.
              FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                I'm also tremendously grateful that we didn't get a cliffhanger, because I don't think I could have managed two of those. The Atlantis one was more than enough, thank you.
                Heh. That I definately agree with. Two cliff-hangers in one night would've killed us all!

BYE
                "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                  He did connect, every time he dialed. But since the gate wasnt in the SGC he didnt get the "Iris open, come on through" message on his GDO! And when he tried using his radio, they did not respond.

Therefore, he went to the Alpha site, because he could not ascertain if it was safe to go to Earth.

Later, he tried once more for some reason or another, and when he was told to come through, he did.
                  yep, that's how it worked for everyone. the trust dudes never said 'hey, come on home' and, without a confirmation that the door's open, no one is willing to get splashed
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Livi2Jack

[/QUOTE]

my opinion, sam knew that it was a jaffa friendly or tok'ra planet and was trying to save them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack

I'm still not on board with "innocent" Jaffa. They are a deadly force used to enslave humans and if freed they would continue their warlike ways.

Like Sam said, this is all they've known from childhood, and they're doing it at the command of the goa'uld, who they believe are gods. They aren't doing it of their own free will.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        Wow, someone who hated the episode more than me. Rivet, the fake leather jacket thing has been discussed at length, and I agree, but I have to agree to disagree on the Tok'ra woman. Didn't mind her at all.
                        She was just a little too overdramatic for my tastes I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                          Like Sam said, this is all they've known from childhood, and they're doing it at the command of the goa'uld, who they believe are gods. They aren't doing it of their own free will.

yeah. Sam has seen the other side of the jaffa. She's spent years with teal'c, just saw ryac get married, knows about ishta's issue with moloc murdering babies...she knows the 'people' behind the facade

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                            Yeah, that would certainly seem to be the logical explanation, but one would think that The Trust guy would have been mightily suspicious of what he perceived as Carter actually helping them - by telling him that the planet was of no use to them. I would have thought he would have called her bluff and fired anyway. I didn't think he was gonna buy it as easily as he did.
                            I think it made great sense for him not to fire, even when he'd never bought Sam's explanation for a second. His goal was to wipe out Goa'uld, not Jaffa (or Tok'ra) -- they were just "acceptable collateral damage" to him. As stupid as The Trust seemed to be, this guy had enough brain to realize that, had there been some important System Lord on that planet, Sam would not have stopped him.
                            In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

What I still don't understand is, if the Trust is as powerful as we're led to believe, with the access that we are led to believe, how come they didn't have information from the SGC computers about which were tok'ra/rebel Jaffa worlds and which were not. Even if you were going to launch on them, wouldn't you launch on the target first, and put the "acceptable losses" at the bottum of the list in case you were interupted.

Like by SG1

Comment

They had that information, but if you recall, they said that their information was 6 months out of date.
                                FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Working...
                                X