No announcement yet.

Endgame (810)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just popping in to remind folks that an opinion is called an opinion for a reason. It isn'tbased on fact, thus, it can be neither "wrong" nor "right".

Me, I thought Endgame was a decent ep, but not good enough to discuss in any detail. I spent most of the ep cleaning my computer and there wasn't much about the ep to draw me away from doing that (as opposed to The Storm, where I actually sat down and watched the whole thing). When I stop and think about what actually happened... it all smacks too much of convenience and relying on smart characters to do incredibly stupid things, which I despise. That takes it down a bit in my personal estimation.

Then again, at least it's a plot-driven ep and not another ridiculous waste of time focusing on someone's personal life.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      I actually don't really have a problem with Sam as a character, or even this part. I was trying to address Sam at the same time as I was addressing the problems with the usage of Daniel in this episode mainly out of respect for the fact that other people do have a problem with Sam.
      The whole team is fantastic.

Sam
      Teal'c
      Jack
      Daniel

There is nothing wrong with any of them. You know, I have never been so dedicated to a TV show in my life. That says something about this show. It puts it above all other TV shows I have ever watched. So even when we get an episode that isn't that great I am still overly excited because of the simple fact of it being Stargate! From the first season I have come to LOVE(REALLY LOVE) the characters in the show. That hasn't changed because of the events taking place recently.

This show is the best show on TV. Period.

Comment

Shivan, being dedicated to a show is great. I'm glad you've found something you love so much. But just because YOU think something is so fantastically perfect that it can do no wrong EVER doesn't mean that other people aren't entitled to think differently and it doesn't give you nor anyone else a right to tell people they're wrong. As I said, it's called an OPINION for a reason. Opinion means "to think", it doesn't mean "sworn fact".

Everyone is allowed to think what they want about the show. Everyone is allowed to say what they want about the show- as long as they're polite about it. From what I've seen on this thread, folks have been doing just that- expressing their opinions in polite and constructive ways. But when you make it personal and start singling out fans and groups and condemning them for having the wrong opinion... what's the use of that? It's a bboard, people are going to disagree. It's only natural when dealing with humans.

Endgame could have been a much better ep- in my opinion. It was good as is, but it could have been better and in past years, I think it WOULD have been better. I don't care for what I see as lazy writing- making things convenient for the plot instead of making them logical or in character. I also disagree with the increase in pandering to characters/actors. Scenes should be written because they're integral to the plot or to character development. They shouldn't be written just to allow someone some grandstanding. Unless it's a goa'uld. You expect it of them.

Because I didn't find Endgame perfect, does that make me wrong? Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so. I've had a lot of problems with the show over the past few years and I haven't been shy about expressing my feelings. Just because I- and others- have had less than positive things to say doesn't mean we are less worthy than those who have positive things to say, it doesn't make us lesser fans because we don't like things and it doesn't make ANY of us wrong.

If you prefer a whitewashed forum where no one ever has a bad thing to say and where everything is rainbows and sunshine all the time, you're probably in the wrong forum. If you like it here anyway, then either you- and certain others- need to learn to be more accepting of differing viewpoints or you need to start putting anyone who disagrees with you on ignore instead of always making an issue out of it.

I think that what Sam did, zatting the leader guy and then beaming herself up without backup and without telling anyone what she was doing was incredibly asinine and un-Samlike. That's my opinion. Some have no problem with that and that's fine. I did. So sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I think that what Sam did, zatting the leader guy and then beaming herself up without backup and without telling anyone what she was doing was incredibly asinine and un-Samlike. That's my opinion. Some have no problem with that and that's fine. I did. So sue me.
          i didn't think she did it on purpose. She shot the guy, was searching him, picked up the locator thingie and whoops, bad timing, found herself beamed up

up to this point in time, they had no proof of how the baddies were beaming, just suspicion.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            i didn't think she did it on purpose. She shot the guy, was searching him, picked up the locator thingie and whoops, bad timing, found herself beamed up

up to this point in time, they had no proof of how the baddies were beaming, just suspicion.
            It looked to me like she hit the button intentionally. But that's my opinion.

Comment

Why did the Trust steal the Earth Stargate, i mean they got an Al'kesh with hyperdrive, cloaking device, and beaming technology.
              If they were using the offworld gate to lunch the attack , then no one will be anywiser until they done the maximium damage.

Major Maybourne was smart enougn to put a offworld team out before they lost the beta gate, they were able to steal and smuggle tech and fax the design back with NID's modify Goa'uld orb, i wonder if the Trust bought any orb onboard, i mean witht he orb, they could continue keep contact with their allies on Earth.

And how come X-303 or SGC or Alpha install the NID orb we saw on "Shade of Grey" for emergency only ,i know it is not secure, but if anything happen to SGC, Earth lost all contact with the offworld base , in S6 "Momento" x303 lost all contact with Earth when they eject the hyperdrive, and they almost could find the buried Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                Major Maybourne was smart enougn to put a offworld team out before they lost the beta gate...
                Not to put too fine a point on it, but he was never a major on the series, he was a colonel. And now he's neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

That's the way I saw it. I guess that's something to look at again while we're waiting for new episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                    I must say howeve that I'm bias towards any episode that involves lots of reoccuring minor characters, and just hearing Pierce mentioned let along seeing him is enough to get me to enjoy an episode. I like it that the writers have chosen to keep the other people at the SGC consistent. We had a lot of Major Pierce in Season 5 and 6, and that switched over to Colonel Reynolds throughout Season 7 and early Season 8. It's good to see that the writers haven't forgotten about good ol' Major Pierce and, more importantly, they've chosen to promote him!
                    I'm glad somebody else notice Pierce in the episode!

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                      Why did the Trust steal the Earth Stargate, i mean they got an Al'kesh with hyperdrive, cloaking device, and beaming technology.
                      If they were using the offworld gate to lunch the attack , then no one will be anywiser until they done the maximium damage.
                      Well, who has a vested interest in stopping them AND knows a lot about their internal workings and methods? SGC, right? Stealing their stargate would put a crimp in SGC capabilities....

Comment

And also, i guess it would be easier just to sit on their behinds and just throw their missiles into the gate, rather than using the hyperdrive, i dont'know.
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, it's been over a week since the latest SG-1 episode aired and I haven't said anything about it. I suppose it's about time I did, although I'm sure anything I have to say about it is really old news this time...

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                          of 'Endgame'

I haven't been around much the last week and a half, so I don't know how everyone else responded to this episode. Part of the reason why I've been silent (aside from the fact that I've been busy with other stuff, and no, that does not include getting a life) is that I didn't really find much to comment on in 'Endgame'. I liked it, it was a good show - not an all-time great, but still entartaining. There just wasn't anything that seemed significant enough to actually talk about.

There were a few little things here and there. The Jaffa guy from 'Death Knell' died. Good. We've seen the inside of an al'kesh for the first time, I know that's a big deal for some people. It's also the first time we've seen the same Alpha site for more than one episode. The teaser with the Chevron Guys (plural!) was fun, as was their scene with Daniel ("You were getting coffee?!"). But why is interrogation Daniel's job, all of a sudden? He was dealing with the guy from Area 51 himself and everything...

What I didn't like: Teal'c taking the other guy's lead in condemning the Tok'ra for the attacks. He should know better. A minor character realizes that there's something more going on, but Teal'c doesn't? For shame... And at the end, why didn't SG-1 just remain on the ship, overpower the one remaining Trust member, and go back to Earth with the gate and the ship? Also, why did the Jaffa die immediately after their symbiotes were poisoned? We've seen Teal'c survive for many hours after having his symbiote removed. Do the poison the Goa'uld release into their host as they die also get released into Jaffa?

One thing that hit me after I watched the episode: The undercover Tok'ra lady should have been Anise. Don't kill me! Allow me to present my reasoning. Anise appeared in three consecutive episodes, and played a big part in them. Next thing you know, she's gone, never to be seen again. And the casual viewer is left wondering what happened to her and why the heck she hasn't appeared again. If the Tok'ra in this episode had been her, we would've known what she'd been up to, and since she got killed off we wouldn't have to wonder about her in the future. Also, she has history with SG-1. And for the Anise haters; wouldn't briefly having her back be a small price to pay for the knowledge that she's dead? And if you're gonna complain about her outfit again - was what the Tok'ra actually did wear in this episode much better?

And there it is...
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

<sigh> 253 posts....

I'll post my thoughts and read yours all as soon as I can find several hours of free time....

Pretty dang good ep. Reminds me of Stargate SG-1.

It should be interesting to see how Teal'c handles Jack's attitude - note, I said it should be interesting. Something tells me nothing will come of it; Teal'c will simply dismiss the fact that Jack could've sacrificed his team to save the lives of his Jaffa brethren. No biggie.

So a couple of Tok'Ra do some unethical things to a few individuals and the whole group is branded as arrogant, unreliable, endangering the bless-ed Tau'ri. After this ep maybe we should be saying, "Screw The Tau'ri; they are arrogant, unreliable and a menace to society."

Why didn't Sam and co stay on the Alkesh?

Funny, funny Chevron dudes.
                            Terrific weasel scientist
                            Genius Sam
                            Brave Teal'c
                            Fighting Daniel <woo! >
                            Dark Jack. <shudders>
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              It looked to me like she hit the button intentionally. But that's my opinion.
                              I originally thought that as well. Watching it a second time, I saw that the bad buy hit the button then dropped the device when Sam zatted him. My complaint is that Sam was incredibly stupid to pick it up. Either she knew what it was and should have left it alone so that she *wasn't* transported to the ship, or she didn't know what it was so she shouldn't have touched it with a barge pole. It could have been some sort of explosive device for all she knew. Not very clever writing by TPTB.

Ali P

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888
                                Either she knew what it was and should have left it alone so that she *wasn't* transported to the ship, or she didn't know what it was so she shouldn't have touched it with a barge pole. It could have been some sort of explosive device for all she knew. Not very clever writing by TPTB.
                                Very good point, I hadn't thought of that plot hole while i was focusing on the others

Comment

Working...
                                X