Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it - fabulous episode.

Especially Kinsey getting what he deserved!
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Awesome ending to the season. This part just has everything to make it my favourite episode of Stargate. Fantastic special effects, music score and great character moments.

I loved the race against time to find the weapons to fight Anubis before Jack succumbed to the fatal effects of the Ancient download and with Anubis heading for Earth. Jack healing Bra'tak was a great moment, interesting how his 'abilities' were more 'advanced' this time. It always begged the question of how much Jack was actually conditioned by his first encounter with the knowledge. Even though the Asgard removed the Ancient knowledge something must have happened to make his second exposure a bit easier and must leave some residual effects in his brain chemistry.

This episode has one of my favourite moments in Stargate too, the wonderful smile Bra'tak has as he looks at the destruction of the Goa'uld ships by the drones unleashed by Jack. In that moment you could see his joy at seeing what he had dreamed of all his life being realised. The music score at that point was superb and really added to that wonderful moment.

I could go on, but much of what makes this such a great episode has been mentioned already.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        6. Bra'tac's dodgy grin. Hmmmm...

My LiveJournal post
        I love the word Proklarush. Sounds like something from Doctor Who.
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This episode continues what I said in Part I in that Lost City has a little something for everything. The episode teaches something a little new about the Stargate system in the Ancient language for the science lovers. The hunt to Procolush Tanos has something for the adventure lovers. For the team interaction its sad to see everyone has a "goodbye" moment for SG1 and Jack. I especially like the unspoken moment between Jack and Teal'c.While I disliked Weir in Part I it was interesting to see her stand up to Kinsey when he tried to trump her to save his own hide. The Antartic battle was really the first real space battle for Stargate and I always liked it. But you notice how the drones in this episode look different then future drones? Saddest moment has to go to Jack saying goodbye at the very end of the episode. Its just sad because he knew death was coming
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Just got done rewatching this episode yesterday as part of my "favs of my favs" mini rewatch of S7-S10. I would have to agree that this episode (Lost City 1 & 2) is one of the best of Stargate SG-1. The storyline along with all the characters are at their pinnacle of the series which makes for great viewing along with awesome special effects and action. That's why Lost City is part of my favs of my favs list!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              In that moment you could see his joy at seeing what he had dreamed of all his life being realised. The music score at that point was superb and really added to that wonderful moment.
              It was full of hope and joy wasn't it...

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post

One of the things I liked most was the appearance of the Atlantis theme tune right at the end of the episode as O'Neill gets into the sleep chamber. I'd never noticed that before (probably because I haven't seen Lost City since it originally aired). It sent a little chill down me.
                And the theme is also heard during the scene on Proclarush Taonas right when O'Neill utters the words "Terra Atlantus".
                My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Didn't know that. Might have to give it a rewatch just to see that.

Comment

Best battle ever Anubis's fleet getting destroyed is so awesome
                    sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                      And the theme is also heard during the scene on Proclarush Taonas right when O'Neill utters the words "Terra Atlantus".
                      Wow I really didn't know that, and i Like to think i pick up on wee things like that... I'm watching it as we speak, and for the first time in years I'm watching it now knowing something I never noticed will happen... Yeee haaa
                      Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Does anyone know exactly what the crossword says at the beginning as I heard on the audio commentary for this episode that it was all stargate related but try as I might I can't read it all when I pause it
                        Any links to a page where it tells you would also be greatly appreciated.
                        Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Finished the whole season seven. I won't comment on all the episodes. But I have to say it was a great ending. As many has said probably the best space fight this far.

great

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                            Does anyone know exactly what the crossword says at the beginning as I heard on the audio commentary for this episode that it was all stargate related but try as I might I can't read it all when I pause it
                            Any links to a page where it tells you would also be greatly appreciated.
                            Can't get the clues any better, but you can see what Jack put in the spaces, and not all of them see to be real words.

Comment

Actually, it's common for crosswords to have correct answers that don't necessarily look like real words (although I can't imagine what the clue would be that would come up with the answer "LA AMB" as in 18 down in the image).

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I loved the battle with anubis's fleet, it was so coool

Comment

Working...
                                X