Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched this on Sky1 now.

Question; how come it took so many drones to destroy Anubis' ship? They clearly waltzed through the (super advanced) sheilds. We've seen in SGA that only a few are needed to take out sizeable craft.

Oh well, it looked pretty
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

It was believable that it took a lot of drones to take out Anubis (an ascended being with ancient technology). It's not believable that it only takes a few drones when Atlantis fires them.

It's just a matter of TPTB not paying attention to continuity.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        It was believable that it took a lot of drones to take out Anubis (an ascended being with ancient technology). It's not believable that it only takes a few drones when Atlantis fires them.

It's just a matter of TPTB not paying attention to continuity.
        Not necessarily. It could just be that, being the first time he was using it, Jack just let it rip, firing as many as he could, since he didn't know how many it would take to destroy the ship. Maybe it could have worked with fewer drones. It's not really an inconsistency. Definitely nothing major.

Comment

This is one of my favorite episode!!!

Comment

This has to be my favorite episode (both 21 and 22 actually) up to this point. I think its also one of the greatest season ending, with multiple issues going on. politics, the search for the ancient city, and Anubis deciding to destroy Earth.

The final battle scene was amazing too

Sure glad the Ancients decided to leave a superweapon behind on our planet.

Spoiler:
            I actually don't think any humans would be able to study anything about that godlike weapon

Even the Asgard are searching a needle in an infinite haystack trying to understand their knowledge

Comment

My favourite episode in Season 7, Heroes is next. This is the last time we see Hammond and SG1 work together to fight an alien, and Kinsey is out, finally!!

The golden fairies were amazing. At one point I thought they were the Furlings!
              sigpic
              Sign by me

Comment

hello all: i just sow the lost city part 1{mod snip}
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 April 2009, 11:31 AM. Reason: d/l discussion is not allowed

Comment

What's "d/l discussion"?
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    What's "d/l discussion"?
                    Most likely illegal downloading. Its one of the more stricter rules of GW.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I love this episode.

Comment

I found it funny how the Drones couldn't shoot a non-moving object (chair where Jack was sitting in) which was directly in front of them.

But I did love the episode. It was pretty good. A few plot holes but overall, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                          I found it funny how the Drones couldn't shoot a non-moving object (chair where Jack was sitting in) which was directly in front of them.

But I did love the episode. It was pretty good. A few plot holes but overall, it was good.
                          Jack was directing the drones from the chair. That would explain why he wasn't a target, and why the drones only went after enemy ships above the surface.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Great episode overall. The beginning of the end of SG-1 as we knew it, looking back maybe it would not have been so bad if the show had ended here, maybe with a couple of movies to tie up the loose ends. With seasons 8, 9 and 10 it was gradually downhill from here.

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
                              Great episode overall. The beginning of the end of SG-1 as we knew it, looking back maybe it would not have been so bad if the show had ended here, maybe with a couple of movies to tie up the loose ends. With seasons 8, 9 and 10 it was gradually downhill from here.
                              same here lost city pretty much ends the story arc of the original team

Comment

I just saw it and I saw part 1 and 2 as one episode and loved it!

The acting was really nice, Amanda Tapping is a really nice actress! But what I loved the most is the ending worthy of being in a movie theatre!

Best Series Finale yet!
                                My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X