Lost City, Part 2 (722)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the best episode of the series
    anubis screwed up, and the earth wins again.....

Comment

Yay, it was wonderful to finally see Anubis lose. O'Neill was cool this time with his Ancient knowledge.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coaster View Post
        Finally saw this one- parts 1 and 2 together. So much of the backstory for Atlantis makes more sense now. Brilliant episode; I was cheering when Jack was firing the drones.

And the President truly had me cackling when he was telling Kinsey to shut up.
        i was watching it last night as and when Hayes was like to Kinsey "Oh i have enough on you to have you shot" i started cracking up as well. Lost City for me is the best episode i saw.

Comment

i also think why i like this episode was that it was originally suppose to be the first sg-1 movie after the series ended. if sg-1 ended after "Full Circle". and plus it totally sets up Atlantis's "Rising."

Comment

This episode makes me laugh so hard every time I watch this episode. I also like the big battle scene at the end of this episode. This is the first part of Atlantis' rising arc.
            But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

When Samantha sees the fighting in the sky over Antarctica she says that the gliders were not goa'uld.
              So does that mean that the fire activated them from the chair that O'Neill was sitting on?

And HOW were the supersoldiers under the ice in Antarctica killed with conventional weapons when we know they are impervious to such weapons?
              Last edited by Dave2; 29 December 2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                When Samantha sees the fighting in the sky over Antarctica she says that the gliders were not goa'uld.
                So does that mean that the fire activated them from the chair that O'Neill was sitting on?
                eh? These were separate events

And HOW were the supersoldiers under the ice in Antarctica killed with conventional weapons when we know they are impervious to such weapons?
                They were killed with drones
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

You seem to be confusing things here. The gliders that appear are the human X-302 fleet launched from the Prometheus.

They're not. SG-1 have the new weapons we saw developed in 'Death Knell', and they are clearly shown turning them on before they start firing at the supersoldiers.
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Wow - I had truly forgotten how good this feature length episode was. It's probably the most exciting the show has ever been up to this point, and pulls together story threads which have appeared since the start of the series into a fantastic adventure. I honestly can't find any real fault with it. It's funny, has incredible action, and a lot of drama.

Bra'tac is amazing - he just can't die! Kinsey is the most unpleasant he's ever been, which means that Ronny Cox did a perfect job. The original actress for Dr. Weir wasn't bad at all, but I'm surprised that Torri Higginson didn't play the role here given that pre-production on SG Atlantis must have been well underway by this point. I'll be listening out for more info on that in the commentaries.

I don't recall Dr. Weir's ability to speak 5 languages ever being brought up again, though. I guess it's not that important once she's in a different galaxy! After Jack only making scattered appearances over the last couple of seasons, it's nice to have him be around here in much larger role.

One of the things I liked most was the appearance of the Atlantis theme tune right at the end of the episode as O'Neill gets into the sleep chamber. I'd never noticed that before (probably because I haven't seen Lost City since it originally aired). It sent a little chill down me.

Seeing episodes like this, it makes me feel truly upset that Stargate no longer exists in any way, shape or form. This was probably the high point of the entire franchise.

RATING: 10 out of 10
                    Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 27 January 2012, 11:12 AM.
                    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Just watched this again for maybe the 4th or 5th time. It's an incredible episode and I like how on the DVD's there's no interruption and flows as a whole. O'Neill really shines in this. I did like this Weir, I thought she had a lot of potential. It took me a long time to warm up to Torri Higginson.

Comment

The original actress for Dr. Weir wasn't bad at all, but I'm surprised that Torri Higginson didn't play the role here given that pre-production on SG Atlantis must have been well underway by this point.
                        Actually it wasnt. I recently listened to one of the old Gateworld podcast interviews with Torri and she talks about not watching the Lost City episodes before going to the audition for Atlantis Weir. Its a good interview and it is fun to listen to it this long after the fact.

I did like this Weir, I thought she had a lot of potential. It took me a long time to warm up to Torri Higginson.
                        Then Im the oposit I liked Torri from the start and found this Weir mostly annoying. The actress did a good job though, especially playing the fish out of water (if that is an expression) situation, but also when she stands up to senator Kinsey
                        I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
                        -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

Part 2 is either my favourite or my second favourite ever Stargate SG-1 ep.

It's so great when Jack starts saying certain words in Ancient. And just as great when he starts doing stuff that he can't explain. It's so fun to watch.

Uh oh Anubis is here, and there is no chance of help from the Asgard. He could have wiped out the earth so easily. Just like Apophis could have.

Good thing Bra'tak doesn't have his symbiote anymore. Would have been the end for end. He might be over 100 but he can still kick ass.

Prometheus gets its real first battle. And with Hammond at the helm which makes it even better. The part where the gliders and 302's flew at each other was amazing. I love that sort of thing.

We get our first look at Ancient drone weapons as well as the Ancient chair and ZPM. Although I think we saw the last two in part 1.

And that's the end of Anubis for now. As well as the end of season 7. Bring on season 8 and season 1 of Atlantis
                          sigpic

Comment

Lost City Part 2 is one of my favorites too.

Comment

Tuesday night...one last ep of SG1...

1. Another ep...starting with a crossword puzzle...and a wierd one at that...

2. I think Weir's just trying to stay out of the way.

3. It was a bit annoying to have our guys haul accross the galaxy and back.

4. "I have enough on you to have you shot".

5. Drones!

6. Bra'tac's dodgy grin. Hmmmm...

7. And finally "if this is not the last city...where is it?" We already knew where...
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm gonna copy and paste this in the Part 2 thread (because I can).

This was a really great episode, which set the spin-off show for the franchise.

I don't have as much to say about these 2 episodes, compared to Full Circle.

Part 2 was better than part 1. But Part 1 still have it's moments.

Some notes:
                                • I noticed that the President has some tendencies that Jack has (like mocking the enemy).
                                • The visual effects were awesome in this one, can wait until we are able to see it in HD.
                                • Kinsey is still an ass[beep]. That will never change.
                                • Again, Joel did an amazing job on the music for the episodes (Damn it Joel, I want my Soundtracks)
                                • I would like to see the original script for Lost City (you know the Feature Script, that takes place after Full Circle, it does exist (and finished), Martin said so in the Full Circle commentary).
                                • Liked that cliffhanger.

Monday, Season 8, and the Replicators are back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X