No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was the sadest episode for me to watch. I was nearly in tears when Janet died.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaSlayer View Post
      Great episode, especially the action and also how the episode was not mainly about SG-1 but also to the other teams like SG-13
      You rarely see that in this series.

Comment

Great episode, and one of the few that have made me cry (when Janet died). I thought the set up her death very nicely with the way that they originally showed O'Neill getting shot and didn't actually say who was dead until quite a while later. I figured that O'Neill had died and they were just going to figure out some way to revive him again. I was completely blown out of the water when they said later that it was Janet.
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Well, what the HELL do they think? Ofcourse there will be heavy casulties, its a war, a bloody war, not a ******* tea party, casulties is unavoidable, they lost ALOT of SG personel before, like the alphasite attack and so on, and all of the sudden, its too many casulties, well its unavoidable, war, is, war, its bad, bloody, did I mention, bad?
          However, its unavoidable, as I already said, twice.

Edit: I am pointing my anger towards Woolsey in this case.
          When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.-Arthur C. Clarke

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology -Carl Sagan

Comment

Hated losing Doctor Fraiser, but she died doing her job. Loved how Teal'c helped Carter with the eulogy. Great to see Robert Picardo again.
            sigpic

Comment

Definitely one of the best episodes (part 1 & 2 obviously) of the series. The writing was well balanced, and it was interesting the way they kept the viewer a bit (but not all the way) outside of the story with the documentary crew.

Cassie being absent was a blatant hole, but I presume they couldn't get the actor, or simply ran out of time in the script? The loss of Doctor Fraiser was a loss for the series, however her memorial was moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                I came into this thread to say that. But you beat me to it. Its practically the same I feel about this episode.

Everytime I watch it, I get choked up. Its one of my favorites just because of how emotionally powerful it is and the messages it sends out.

I hate seeing Janet die. It upsets me everytime. I know that sounds a little pathetic but I have grown to not care what other people think of me.
                I basically feel the same way. I really liked Fraiser and hated seeing her die, I felt the same way when Beckett died in Atlantis. That's one thing the SG team seemed to know how to get spot on in the writing, screenplay, directing and everything else, when sending their doctor's off with extremely powerful epsiodes.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Hated losing Doctor Fraiser, but she died doing her job. Loved how Teal'c helped Carter with the eulogy. Great to see Robert Picardo again.
                  about sums up how i feel. expect losing fraiser that never bothered me
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    The entire time he was on screen being a bad guy I was going
                    "emh off...
                    emf OFF
                    EMF TURN OFF DAMMIT."

Comment

We can be heroes for just one day....

This set of episodes was great. Heroes 1 set everything up for this episode. I liked the way the viewer really had no idea who had died. It had steered the viewer to think Jack died and I started to think to myself that is highly unlikely. Then it showed Janet and Daniel in the field trying to save a soldier. For most of the episode I began to forget that Jack was injured and was paying more attention to the soldier that Daniel had filmed.

Carter's reaction was more than believable (Amanda Tapping has topped herself in this episode). Then when Daniel finally handed the video over to the documentary crew and you saw everything from Daniel's perspective I almost shed a tear (this doesn't happen often).

What started as a good two part episode ended with one of my favorite episodes I have seen so far.

Thank you SG-1
                      "You are hostages! We are your captors! We are heavily armed. There are rules, there is a whole school of etiquette to this!" -Daniel Jackson

Comment

OH NO! NOT JANET!!!

I loved Janet. *sniffs*

Even the Sam/Jack 'come here' hug doesn't make up for this. *pouts*
                        "Didn't that tape say there were no fish in your pond?"

Comment

I've been thinking about this a lot lately because of a Heroes vid I listen to regularly (with Amazing Grace by Leann Rimes). Daniel yells "Jack", the unseen support says "I got him, Dr. Jackson" then Daniel starts screaming for a medic--when does Daniel discover that Jack is down, too?

Because, you know, at that point they didn't know Jack was going to survive.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Who takes over for Janet Fraiser, and why did the producers decide to eliminate that character?
                            Who takes care of Cassandra now??

Comment

my 150th post! so ill put it in the 150th episode
                              RIP Janet Fraiser
                              sigpic
                              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                                Who takes over for Janet Fraiser, and why did the producers decide to eliminate that character?
                                They wanted to kill someone the audience would care about to show the jeopardy in the SGC's work.

Comment

Working...
                                X