No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the actress wanted to leave the show so they had to write the character out. And it was probably one of the best TV deaths I've ever seen and filmed in a wonderfully creative and different way.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

i agree they should have i found this episode sad. i hate she died but it made a great episode anyway
      sigpic

Comment

Did Teryl Rothery really want to leave the show or was it TPTB that decided?
        sigpic
        Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
        I'm a 60%er!
        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

It was SciFi more then anything that wanted a character to be killed off. At the time they all thought Lost City was going to be a series finale.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            It was SciFi more then anything that wanted a character to be killed off. At the time they all thought Lost City was going to be a series finale.
            Man. Networks really sucks sometimes, LOL.

Then again, Sci-Fi did continue to renew it for a few more years.

Then again, they just cancelled Atlantis.

LOL.
            sigpic
            Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
            I'm a 60%er!
            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Did Teryl Rothery really want to leave the show or was it TPTB that decided?
              No, she didn't. They thought she would be the most emotionally effective character to have it happen to, if it had to happen. Don Davis tried to convince them to kill Hammond instead. He was very good friends with Teryl Rothery and wanted to save her job. She was kind of like a daughter to him.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                No, she didn't. They thought she would be the most emotionally effective character to have it happen to, if it had to happen. Don Davis tried to convince them to kill Hammond instead. He was very good friends with Teryl Rothery and wanted to save her job. She was kind of like a daughter to him.
                Oh dang. I love Hammond, but since Don Davis ended up leaving the show after that season anyway, it seems like it would have made more sense for them to have killed him instead. Dang.
                sigpic
                I'm a 60%er!
                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Well, they were right in that killing Janet was probably the most poignant death of a character on Stargate. Heroes is one of my favorite episodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Heroes is one of mine too! I wasn't saying her death wasn't poignant, just stating my opinion that if Don Davis was leaving anyway and Teryl Rothery didn't want to leave, it kind of sucks that we lost both characters.
                    sigpic
                    I'm a 60%er!
                    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I've seen Heroes like once that I can recall, and i didn't like it that much, Most of that I blame on spoilers. I knew Janet was going to die, so the misdirection with Jack came off as cheap, drama for me.

But of a couple of more genuine reasons for disliking this one:

-The Genre whiplash. Last episode; they played it almost entirely for laughs. This one suddenly about face and takes a running leap down tragedy isle.

-And naming the baby, Janet. Big damn cliche. When ever there's a pregnant women and a character death in the same episode it always happens.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                        I've seen Heroes like once that I can recall, and i didn't like it that much, Most of that I blame on spoilers. I knew Janet was going to die, so the misdirection with Jack came off as cheap, drama for me.

But of a couple of more genuine reasons for disliking this one:

-The Genre whiplash. Last episode; they played it almost entirely for laughs. This one suddenly about face and takes a running leap down tragedy isle.

-And naming the baby, Janet. Big damn cliche. When ever there's a pregnant women and a character death in the same episode it always happens.
                        I understand those reasons. On your last point, it's a cliche for a reason. Wells naming his daughter after Janet, who died to save him, was the nicest way he could honor her.
                        sigpic
                        I'm a 60%er!
                        ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

What happened with Cassandra after Jenet daied?

Comment

We don't know as she disappeared off screen after S5
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That's too bad. It would have been a great way to show the team in another setting - taking care of Cassie.

I like to think Sam and/or Jack became her guardian, but she's never mentioned again until the 9th season when Sam uses her as an excuse for transfer to Area 51.
                              sigpic

Comment

A great but sad episode. I watched it for the 2nd time and still touched by the story. I like both Hammond and Fraiser and don't want to lose anyone of them.

PS: I hate Bregman. He is really annoying.
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X