Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    Who takes over for Janet Fraiser,
    Unknown who immediately takes over, but Dr. Carolyn Lam is the chief medical officer later on.

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    Who takes care of Cassandra now??
    I think afterwards she just dropped off the radar. Sam mentions having to get her in the episode, but that was the end of it as far as I know.

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    Looking back...what Teal'c came up with was pretty cool.

5. Didn't actually hear about Don trying to persude TPTB to kill off Hammond rather than Janet...problem is, with the greatest of respect to his memory, I'm not sure how Hammond could have been killed off in those circumstances.
    I actually thought the best part of the episode was when Carter listed off the people Dr. Fraser had saved during her time at the SGC. And I agree, while Hammond's death would have been more of a surprise, I can't see how they could have had him be on the front lines without making it look obvious.

Also as a bit of a side note, Marines are stationed at the SGC, why weren't they at the memorial service?
    Last edited by SG3Marine; 27 February 2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

An episode that grows in my esteem with each re-watch. Some episodes offer powerful acting, dialogue, or plot development. This episode offers all three in abundance. I didn't fully appreciate it the first time I watched it. This is a story that "ages well."

Comment

So sad every time i watch it.
        RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Watched this earlier tonight for the first time since it originally aired. After all this time, it still packs a powerful punch. And still brought tears to my eyes
          sigpic
          Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

This was good. And sad. But good. I will miss Dr. Fraiser's character very much. Teryl is a great actor.

Comment

Really liked this two parted. It was great seeing Janet die, not because I didn't like her, thought she was underused and great, but because it was good seeing a main character die for once instead of magically dodging hundreds laser blasts from two feet away.

I also liked the warehouse 13 guy. He played his part well and agreed with the rant he went out. Hiding the truth only creates lies and innuendos. I know that doesn't stop people from spinning the truth into lies, looking at you fox news.

Cool seeing the actor that plays Jane on Firefly in this. The guy was a natural in his part.

The over all story was great. I didn't have any problems with it. I see some people complaining about Janet's daughter not being at the funeral but it made sense. The funeral we saw was the secret funeral for the SG team. She will have another public one for the people she knew outside of SG. If you think about you really can't have SG teams going to public funerals unless they are known to be close outside of work to the general public.

Comment

Janet wasn't a main character. She was always recurring. A comparison is her being on the same level of Jacob
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah I get you but she was a main character to me. No idea who Jacob is.

Comment

That may be but it makes your whole premise of a main character dieing false. Stargate killed recurring characters all the time
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

She was kind of main to me too

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                        She was kind of main to me too
                        How you percieve something does not make it true. People once percieved tomatoes were poision. That is obviously false
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                          Ah I get you but she was a main character to me. No idea who Jacob is.
                          Jacob is Sam's Dad.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            How you percieve something does not make it true. People once percieved tomatoes were poision. That is obviously false
                            I agree. I just rewatched this episode and found it to be very moving. I believe the writers wrote a true drama episode. If you remember, we were well engaged in Iraq during that time and it was to be a tribute to soldiers who protect our respective countries. In combat, people are severely injured and die. They depicted that very well. Janet was a great loss and it was intended to be. I think this was the best episode they ever made. This was real acting with serious issues. Well done.

Comment

Very sad. I had a tear rolling down my cheek. I always classed Janet as the unofficial sixth cast member of the show. Very sad to see her go and as usual, Amanda Tapping tugged at my heartstrings.
                              Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                              Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

It wasn't Daniel's fault in my opinion, if a Medic, even more so as Chief Medic, asks you for help, then she/he has authority in that situation. Daniel was helping after being asked/told. Also if you watch/listen to the tape, literally a second after Janet is shot, you can hear gunfire and the (assumed) death of the Jaffa, so there was others present at that moment, not just Daniel.

It really hit home this episode though, I think out of all of the episodes in Stargate (minus maybe 1/2), this is probably the most emotional, probably on par or a bit below Daniel's death, but this was probably the one. It's true in so many ways that this is what soldiers have to go through and have gone through, and the devastation that it leaves behind.

It was an interesting debate between Hammond and Woolsy, that he had put a price on a SG team and he looked at that from a strictly business perspective, although he said he didn't put a price on a individuals life. It put's it in perspective the decisions that are made for 1/2/3 people who are in danger.

Comment

Working...
                                X