No announcement yet.

Heroes, Part 2 (718)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I realise that this is a good episode, but it was very upsetting, and the death of Janet made me really angry, and sad.

Janet was my joint-third favourite character (joint with Jack, and behind Sam and Teal'c), so I liked her a lot. I think her death is needless. I know that when this episode was filmed and produced, SG-1's future wasn't looking bright, with no season 8 confirmed, but even despite that, it didn't mean a character had to die. I know that the careers of the characters portrayed in the show are dangerous, but Janet was seldom off-world, therefore I don't think the death of her character was necessary to prove that being a member of staff for the SGC is risky. Also, I don't think the death of a main character (I know Janet was a recurring character, but I've always considered her a major character) necessarily makes good television. I know sometimes death has to happen in TV shows, but I still maintain that Janet's death was needless, and pointless.

I think since about season 5, Janet hadn't been used as much as she could of been, and she was bearly in season seven. Then, in this episode, the one in which she dies, we don't even see much of her. That was really annoying for me. Janet was an important character to this programme, and IMO she should of been treated better.

But anyway...the memorial scene was touching (though it would of been nice to see Cassie there...in fact, it would of been nice to see Cassie at all in this episode), but so many aspects of this episode just annoy and upset me. I shouldn't let a TV show get to me so much! In fact, this episode made me cry, and films/TV shows rarely ever do that. I knew prior to seeing it that Janet died, but wasn't entirely sure of the events surrounding it, therefore I wasn't expecting the episode to have such a big impact on me.

I feel sorry for Daniel...it must of been hard for him being there when Janet died, and also the fact that he caught it on the film. It was lovely that Wells' named his daughter Janet though, that was a touching scene. And Sam's speech was lovely, too. Sam was very close to Janet, and I'm glad that was reflected. I would of liked to have seen more of Jack's reaction to Janet's death. Although, on second thoughts, that probably would have just upset me further.

The NID guy...urgh! What a horrible guy. It will be interesting to see what happens as a result of his report in future episodes.
    "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Yes it's a very sad episode but it is also suspenseful because at first you don't know who died. It could also be Jack who died because he was badly injured till you see the end of the ep than you know that Janet died and not Jack.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camelot View Post
        Yes it's a very sad episode but it is also suspenseful because at first you don't know who died. It could also be Jack who died because he was badly injured till you see the end of the ep than you know that Janet died and not Jack.
        Unfortunately for me I missed out on that angle of the episode, as I am going through my first run of SG-1 just now, and I'm a sucker for spoilers. I was aware that it was Janet who was going to die, but I guess that it would of been quite a cliffhanger had you had no knowledge of what was going to happen in the episode beforehand.
        "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

I actually loved it how they tried to play up it being Jack who got killed, especially with that officer going to the reporter and co, telling him that the person on the Gurney was jack, and also with Sam's tears..

Comment

I liked Heroes, both part! In this ep I was so sad for Janet, I didn't expect her death. I liked also pissed Daniel with Woolsey and the scene in the infirmary with Daniel and the journalist, it was so sad to watch Daniel cry, hidden in a corner...
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

This episode always gets to me everytime I watch it. I am glad SCI FI has been airing it often.
              sigpic

Comment

What is it with killing doctors?? I watched this episode and I had no idea that she was supposed to die, just like
                Spoiler:
                Carson in SGA, did not know that was coming!
                She was my fav charactar to even if she was recurring. She was always so classically beautiful and she played the doctor well with a combination of empathy and strength...I am going to miss her

By the way did anyone else catch Breggman's comment while editing the video in the beginning. A shot of Shepperd playing golf on the moon? John Shepperd ya think???
                Last edited by Chezlee; 24 January 2008, 07:39 PM.
                BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Wow, i loved that ep. it was soooo sad. poor Janet*cries*

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                    What is it with killing doctors?? I watched this episode and I had no idea that she was supposed to die, just like
                    Spoiler:
                    Carson in SGA, did not know that was coming!
                    She was my fav charactar to even if she was recurring. She was always so classically beautiful and she played the doctor well with a combination of empathy and strength...I am going to miss her

By the way did anyone else catch Breggman's comment while editing the video in the beginning. A shot of Shepperd playing golf on the moon? John Shepperd ya think???
                    I doubt it as shep has not had any off world experience or gate clearance.

Comment

OMG Cant believe Janet died
                      She was the best doctor on Stargate SG1
                      They did it well to make you think it was Jack
                      Good scenes from the whole team
                      Liked the scene where Daniel was talking to the journalist

Comment

First time I saw it last night. I already knew that Janet will die due to some spoilers I just couldn't resist. But it was still sad and I really felt the loss.

Comment

This is the only episode where I've ever shed tears every time I've seen it. It was a very emotional ep. As far as Dr Jackson doing something other than fighting??? He was helping where needed & I'd never question his bravery or willingness to even sacrafice his life for others. Simon Wells? OMG! how could anyone be mad at him for screaming with the pain he was in?? He was shot & guess what? "IT HURTS" I can't say I hated or loved this ep but it does add a reality that we can't escape but often wish we could. & just remember everyone "Guns don't kill people, Jaffa kill people"

Comment

it was sad when Janet got killed. but it was sweet when the guy she saved named his daughter Janet in her honor.

Comment

I can't understand why janet had to die.It's so sad

Comment

R.I.P Doctor Frasier =\ I also thoought the Heros Pt. 1,2 were borings eps. but they lost a greeaat doctor and they totally should of brought in doctor Beckett after Fraiser died

Comment

Working...
                                X