No announcement yet.

2010 (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched this over the weekend, & it was kind of fun to watch this episode in the year that it's set. It was also kind of poignant (& a bit freaky) to have SG-1 having a conversation about the death of General Hammond from a heart attack, when this was filmed 10 years ago!

Cool & interesting episode, & one of the ones I quite clearly remembered from the first (& only other) time I saw it, when it first aired.

As for the questions that people have asked about certain changes, or the lack of mention of certain people; I think that the characters in the story would obviously already know what has transpired to that point in time, & therefore wouldn't need to mention EVERY person & EVERY visible change. Some things would just be different & left up to the viewers' imagination, as there wouldn't be time to cover it all in one episode anyway.

Feel the love.
    dolfyn.
    Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by dolfyn View Post
      I watched this over the weekend, & it was kind of fun to watch this episode in the year that it's set. It was also kind of poignant (& a bit freaky) to have SG-1 having a conversation about the death of General Hammond from a heart attack, when this was filmed 10 years ago!
      my thoughts exactly
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Why, why, why, why is Kinsey the President in EVERY alternate timeline?! 2010, Moebius!
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Why, why, why, why is Kinsey the President in EVERY alternate timeline?! 2010, Moebius!
          that's a good question (Ok, it's handy from the filmimg PoV, but) from the characters' PoV, the same people can't turn that silly (every time) just because some few evwents didn't happen, can they?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Haha I have to agree you are right
            The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
            sigpic

Comment

Loved this one! Yikes, but the Aschen really creeped me out. Their computer was cool, however.
              sigpic

Comment

The Aschen really creeped me out in this episode. Having an alien race alience and then discovering they are working secretly to destroy you. I noticed the General Hammond thing too , freaky a bit.

What I don't understand why wasn't the Aschen more closely guarded with the humans they worked with? Especially that Melon guy, Sam barely needed to twist his arm to get him to let her to use their system.

Yay and Jack for fishing and at the cabin. As usual he was suspicious and turned out to be right all those 10 years ago!
                sigpic

Comment

I figured they intended to tie this alternate timeline story in with the main one by sending a note to the past main timeline, so that means the ONLY divergence between the two realities was the Aschen alliance.

Comment

I just finished watching it.

I LOL'd so hard at the dramatic slow motion death-by-laser-security-cam-things.

Comment

Lot of things are different between that 2010 and our 2010. i would list them but it would be too long.

Comment

hey here's a question: Why didn't Jack just zat Joe after he got the GDO?

Comment

One of my favourite episodes of the season and show - I loved the dynamics between the team, to work together and change the past.

I think Kinsey being President is the first indication that there is something wrong with this future timeline they are in. Maybe it was a way for the writers etc to give the audience the first of many hints.

He could't Zat him, because he would have alerted everyone around them to their plans, or at leas that something suspicious was going on. You aren't suppose to have weapons in the new "gate room" so if Jack just zatted the guy, the mission would have been over before it started.

Did anyone else notice present Jack's reaction compared to his companions? He seemed less surprised than the others, especially when Sam was asking who/when the letter was sent?
                          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Why should he? Joe was a decent guy.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              Sam wouldn't have liked it.

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                              Why should he? Joe was a decent guy.

Seaboe
                              Except for that annoying little fact that he knew what the Aschen were doing to the human population and didn't bother to clue his wife into it, and he had to have figured out that was likely the reason she couldn't have children.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                ...he had to have figured out that was likely the reason she couldn't have children.
                                I don't think he figured it out until she told him. YMMV, obviously.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X