2010 (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this episode!

Lots of squee-worthy Daniel/Janet moments... I love those two (together).

So we made contact with an advanced race who willingly shared their technology and then it bites us in the butt. Damn, it was just too good to be true then.

And when Joe reveals to Sam he knew about the sterilization process, she should have kicked him where it hurt. How can someone even make that kind of decision? Isn't that the same as genocide but slower? The thing the Aschen do anyways to gain more territory. The human race and especially those who made the decision in the first place should be ashamed of themselves.

Anyway, they die heroicly, and get the job done sending the note back into the past. Right on time.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The only thing that got me in this episode was the gun salute being done indoors. I guess they could have been using blanks though.

Comment

All gun salutes use blanks.

Comment

hey here's a question for ya: in this timeline, what to the gate the russians had? did it get scrapped or was it buried?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
            The only thing that got me in this episode was the gun salute being done indoors. I guess they could have been using blanks though.
            All gun salutes use blanks. Bullets have to land somewhere and that is a safety hazard. The big thing though is the noise. Guns firing off is extremely loud.
            Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              hey here's a question for ya: in this timeline, what to the gate the russians had? did it get scrapped or was it buried?
              Most likely put in storage.

Comment

Brilliant episode and I felt Amanda Tapping gave a brilliant performance. It must of been tough for her on a personal level as I know in real life, she had trouble trying to have children herself throughout her time on Stargate.
                Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

A video describing how the Aschen may have developed to be so diffirent from other humans.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA4Ow7Kl3mA

Comment

Originally posted by Besta View Post
                    A video describing how the Aschen may have developed to be so diffirent from other humans.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA4Ow7Kl3mA
                    Culturally and technologically different, not biologically different. Just so we're clear. The Aschen are still humans, as far as we know. Nothing in the show implied that speciation occurred in the short time that the Aschen population was separated from Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                      Culturally and technologically different, not biologically different. Just so we're clear. The Aschen are still humans, as far as we know. Nothing in the show implied that speciation occurred in the short time that the Aschen population was separated from Earth.
                      I know. The video is interesting though. I don't think they are a different species.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359 View Post
                        Very nice episode. It's fun and kind of goofy, but still keeps the drama packed in pretty well.

My only problem was with the scene where "President" Kinsey is addressing them at that ceremony by the gate. It felt very cheesey. Everything else about it was nice.

A question, though. I noticed that in this episode Teal'C didn't have his gold serpeant brand. I'm sure he didn't need to wait ten years to get it removed because current medical technology should be able to correct something like that. Seems odd that he would have to wait untill they found a more advanced technology.
                        Perhaps he was waiting till he freed the jaffa

Comment

I am in love with this episode. I may as well have watched it three times in a row since I listened to the commentary and played back parts I wanted to see again.

It always makes me sad, though. They may be "undoing" events, but their current, conscious 2010 selves will just... cease to exist (assuming it doesn't just become a depressing alternate reality). Would they even be the same people as their past selves? Isn't it like dying anyway?

How would we know if the world kept resetting and that we were actually making any progress?

I don't like thinking about time travel. Still, the story was definitely enjoyable. Plus, everyone looks fantastic, and even if this timeline no longer exists, it was nice to see Janet alive and well. ;-;
                          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

It might continue existing in some alternate way but without the team cause they all died.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

True, each timeline technically is also an alternate reality..

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                It might continue existing in some alternate way but without the team cause they all died.
                                A world where everyone is dead except for Janet. Something a bit strange about that.

But yeah, it would be an extremely depressing AU.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                True, each timeline technically is also an alternate reality..
                                I think one of the theories is that the timeline just doesn't exist anymore. At the end of the director's commentary, they said that the episode was weird to think about because that whole story no longer existed, like it never took place because of what they did. I think that timeline literally disappeared.
                                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Working...
                                X