2010 (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they are!!!

this was a great episode and the second one ot the season to deal with time travel, after WoO was a humours episode this one was more serrious, Great Ep!!

Comment

I don't look at this episode as time travel, but an AU....but I loved this episode!

Comment

It is a kind of AU but it isnt as its the unwritten future but then again it is argh this is to confusing !!!!!!!
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Yes it is. It's not exactly AU because it's 'our' universe in the future having been affected by events which haven't happened yet. But, on the other hand, they are attempting to affect the timeline (and thus create an 'alternate' future) by sending a note back to the past...

My brain hurts. I need some breakfast - and the canteen doesn't open for another 55 minutes...
          sigpic

Comment

Got to see this ep again on scifi earlier this week and I love it every time I see it. O'Neill always cracks me up with his dry sense of humor. And the whole solar flare thing referencing back to 1969 was cool too.
            President Kinsey, now that was kind of believable, given his sharp tongue and ability to smooth talk the public.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

I'm going to answer the age-hold question that surrounds my favorite episode of SG-1: how does this episode affect the future seen in 1969. The answer is simple: it doesn't! That's right. Remember that in 1969 the old Cassandra says she hardly recognized Daniel with hair. At the time that Daniel died in 2010, he still had all of his hair! Mystery solved!

As for the episode itself: as I posted above and as can be sen in my profile, this is my favorite episode. I love the idea of seeing SG-1 in the future and loved the idea of the Aschen race being our allies and then becoming our greatest enemy. The finale of the episode was great and it contained some of the best acting ever for the series. True it was disapointing that Jack and Sam weren't together, but that was for the best. Joe was a great character and its a shame we haven't anymore of him outside of this episode and 2001, a poor follow-up to this episode. Overall, I can't find hardly anything wrong with this epsiode except for the poor explanation of the events between 2000 and 2010, but for either fan fiction or may be the ongoing book series.

timdalton007

Comment

I love the consistancy in this episode and in 2001 with Jack's opinion about the Aschen.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Best part was Teal'c totally wasting that guy when he came through the gate after the guard asked Teal'c to "give it to me." XD
                  "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix
                    I really enjoyed this episode. Best part was Teal'c totally wasting that guy when he came through the gate after the guard asked Teal'c to "give it to me." XD
                    well... he did ask for it. What did he expect to happen? LOL.

He should have seen enough movies to know that when someone has a weapon pointed at you, don't tell them to "give to me", that never ends the way they want it to.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                    24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                    Both heavily admined.

Comment

*sobs* I hate watching the end of 2010! It always makes me cry! And it makes me want to give them all one big, huge, Stargate-sized hug! *sniff*
                      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed that, in the scene between Jack and Sam at Jack's cabin, the two of them pronounce "Aschen" as ASHen. stressing the frist syllable instead of the last? I noticed this when I first saw the episode and I think it's been overdubbed on the box set. I remember them prounouncing it as ASHen. I need to go back and watch the episode but you can see that during that one word, their mouths don't move quite with the audio. I haven't read all of the posts in this thread so I don't know if anyone picked up on it. Either the actors got it wrong the first time around or the director didn't like the sound of it and changed it. Just a little glitch I noticed. Cheers!

Comment

I noticed this voice dub as well. I found it really distracting, but I'm glad they were consistent for the most part in the pronunciation. I find it even more annoying when a guest character pronounces something like "Jaffa" incorrectly. Don't the directors tell the actors how to say words?
                          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Just wonderin, who said jaffa wrong?
                            sigpic

Comment

Mostly the female announcer on Sky - but that's another matter...

There doesn't seem to be a fixed pronunciation of 'Jaffa' - mostly it's pronounced 'Jaff-ah' - but there are one or two folks (particularly Jack) who refer to these sterling warriors as though they were a certain variety of orange!

I guess we can't really get too hissy about a guest character saying 'Jaffa' (as in orange) - particularly if they're people who've been hanging around Jack a lot. He says it that way.
                              sigpic

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed that, in the scene between Jack and Sam at Jack's cabin, the two of them pronounce "Aschen" as ASHen. stressing the frist syllable instead of the last? I noticed this when I first saw the episode and I think it's been overdubbed on the box set. I remember them prounouncing it as ASHen. I need to go back and watch the episode but you can see that during that one word, their mouths don't move quite with the audio. I haven't read all of the posts in this thread so I don't know if anyone picked up on it. Either the actors got it wrong the first time around or the director didn't like the sound of it and changed it. Just a little glitch I noticed. Cheers!
                                Actually, it's explained on the audio commentary for the episode. The scene at the cabin was the very first scene of the episode filmed. They took advantage of that beard RDA was sporting from his trekking vacation and hadn't shaved off yet, because they felt it suited the mood, dragged him and AT straight to the set soon as he arrived at the studio and shot the scene.

RDA and AT pronounced Ashen as it was being pronounced at that time. Later - along with the usual other script changes that happen on a daily basis - the pronounciation was changed. But they weren't able to go back and reshoot that particular scene so that it matched with the later ones filmed.

You're right that it was pronounced differently in the cabin scene in the episode as shown on TV. Afraid I didn't notice if it had been dubbed over to match the later scenes in the DVD.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X