No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much more I can add but but I LOVED this episode! Man, I watched it about 4X and made my husband watch it (SG makes him nuts!) - and he even liked it.
    Golfing into the stargate??!! CLASSIC!
    I laughed thru this episode so much and of course the best is the liplock with Carter.
    Great acting by everyone.
    Maria
    Fan of SG-1, SGA, STNG, Sliders, Firefly, Fringe, & Sanctuary

Comment

Delaynie writes: “How much fun was it to Direct Window of Opportunity and where did you get your inspiration to write Fragile Balance. What was your favorite memory of working on Stargate and finally how awesome was it to work on Supernatural and with Erik Kripke.”

PD L: Window of Opportunity was a blast. I wish they were all as fun. We knew we were coming in short and many of the ‘antics’ were last minute additions to make the running time for the show. These ‘antics’ turned out to be the high point, at least for me, of the episode. Part of the inspiration for Fragile Balance can be traced back to the naked puppet of Thor. I looked at it and realized it had no genitals, so clearly the Asgard reproduced differently than we do. Figuring out how Asgard sustain their population ultimately led to a concept used in the story that turned out to be Fragile Balance. Erik Kripke wrote the episode of SupernaturaI I was in but didn’t direct it so I only got to ‘work’ with him insofar as saying his words. My little stint on Supernatural was very enjoyable. I did get to visit with Kim Manners, a producer/director on Supernatural, who directed many episodes of 21 Jump Street and the pilot. Kim died this year, so I am grateful for the short time I got to see him. He was a really good guy and a great director… I learned a lot from him.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Best episode of SG-1... quite possibly - funniest episode... almost certainly!

Comment

My favourite funny episode. hilarious.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

my fave to fantastic i have watched it 10 times maybe more already
            sigpic

Comment

Jack rocks ... Teal´c rocks...LOL

Funny and nice episode. I think that they had to have so much funny
              Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
              / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

i totally agree with that
                sigpic

Comment

This has got to be my favourite episode of all time
                  It has the best quotes and the funniest moments
                  sigpic

Comment

the last quote was my fave
                    sigpic

Comment

saw it just now, one of my favourites so far from the episodes I have watched (S1-this episode)

LOL at Jack "teaching" Daniel with the translation after a while there, Daniel didn't look quite comfortable with it, being at the "wrong" side of the table

And when Jack and Teal'c were hitting golf balls through the Stargate, I couldn't stop laughing at seeing Jack in those golf pants/socks!

1 thing thou, Why did Jack have to give his resignation for playing "find the tongue" with Sam?, I mean, like Daniel said, he can do what he likes, and won't have to deal with the consequenses, so why not just do it? in uniform, right there, heck, it was even only like 20sec before the loop to start again, why all that trouble to resign?
                      --Signature is Currently Undergoing Invisibility Maintenance, Please Check Back Later or Leave a Message after The Beep--

*Beep*

Comment

Mary A. Milan writes: “Did you actually reshoot the scene of Jack eating Fruit Loops and Daniel saying “It’s just how I feel” everytime? Or did you reuse the same footage?”

Answer: Whew, that was a while ago. To best of my recollection, those were different takes.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-of-thee-atah/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

This is my absolute favourite episode. Have watched it more than any of the others. I love it when Jack shouts at Hammond

"In the middle of my back swing"

and when Tealc keeps getting hit by the door.

Originally posted by MyzteriouZ View Post
                          1 thing thou, Why did Jack have to give his resignation for playing "find the tongue" with Sam?, I mean, like Daniel said, he can do what he likes, and won't have to deal with the consequenses, so why not just do it? in uniform, right there, heck, it was even only like 20sec before the loop to start again, why all that trouble to resign?

I've always wondered that. If he did want to resign, why not do it at the beginning of the loop and have a whole day with her rather than 20 secs????
                          sigpic
                          I Believe
                          My FanFiction

Comment

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post
                            This is my absolute favourite episode. Have watched it more than any of the others. I love it when Jack shouts at Hammond

"In the middle of my back swing"

and when Tealc keeps getting hit by the door.

I've always wondered that. If he did want to resign, why not do it at the beginning of the loop and have a whole day with her rather than 20 secs????
                            Because he's an honorable man who holds his duty first, no matter what. It doesn't matter if the day would start all over again, he still filled the paper work out to resign.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              Because he's an honorable man who holds his duty first, no matter what. It doesn't matter if the day would start all over again, he still filled the paper work out to resign.
                              I understand that but do it at the start of the loop not 20 secs till the end!!
                              sigpic
                              I Believe
                              My FanFiction

Comment

i think he did it at the end so he didn't have to live with those actions tile the next loop started and it might have taken him awhile to fill out the paperwork required to resign. well thats what i think anyway i don't know if u agree
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X