No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the funniest moment is when richard and christopher start juggling balls

and also christophers statement 'you are not the only one who must endure some discomfort O'Neill'
    .....Smack!

Comment

Watched this one for the first time today. A fantastic and funny episode for sure, and interestingly I had only re-watched Star Trek TNG's "Cause and effect" a couple of weeks ago, so Initially I was thinking they had ripped off the idea, but I like to think that they paid homage, as there is definitely a lot of respect to other Sci-fi shows that comes across in Stargate SG1 and Atlantis.
      Barely a dud episode in any Stargate season, which is a lot more than I can say for Star Trek, they raised the bar when Stargate came along.

Comment

I think anybody who has seen this episode before already knows what I am going to say, this was the best humor based episode of Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis hands down.

My favorite moment would without a doubt be when Jack and Teal'c are playing golf in the gate room. There really isn't anything else to say except for...

ON MY BACK SWING!!
        sigpic

Comment

The best funniest episode in SG-1 EVER. None of the other episodes can compete.

Having said that, I noticed something that they contradict themselves in Season 8. In this episode, they explain that Ancients couldn't come up with a time travel technique to fix their past. Yet in Season 8, they will find a ship nontheless that have time travel technology which they use to travel back in time. So why didn't the Ancients do it themselves and save their doom?

Just a question. Otherwise, I love this episode.

Comment

first time i saw this episode was this week. i haven't even finished the season 3 dvds. then i watched it again with the commentary. then, i watched it for the 3rd time just a few minutes ago because i am going through the season 4 dvds in order. i expect i will be watching this ep a few more times.

aside from the humor, i also felt the frustrations jack and tealc felt. then i felt their joy when they did things they've always wanted to do free of consquences.

i also liked the guest character. i symphatize with him. i don't blame him for trying to be with his love.

Comment

Spoiler:

WACKO

Rating: 10/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...portunity.html
              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                In this episode, they explain that Ancients couldn't come up with a time travel technique to fix their past. Yet in Season 8, they will find a ship nontheless that have time travel technology which they use to travel back in time. So why didn't the Ancients do it themselves and save their doom?
                I don't know if you watch Stargate Atlantis but this was kind of explained there, in two different ways. In Before I Sleep, Janus, the Ancient who invented the time traveling jumper, was shown to be a bit of a philosophical rogue as the other Ancients believed it was not morally acceptable to alter the timeline. Also, it was shown in SGA's pilot that the Ancients left the Milky Way because of the plague for the Pegasus Dwarf Galaxy several million years ago, so technology definitely would have advanced quite a bit over such an incredibly long period of time.

Comment

Spoiler
                  I think it was a stroke of pure genious to put O'Neil & Teal'c in the spot of the problem solvers & I LOVED the backswing scene & Teal'c finally gettin even for the door in his face everyday Hahaha!! This is exactly why I adore StarGate so much. it's the perfect blend of intelligent Sci-Fi, serious action, thought provoking scripts & wonderful good natured humor. You can't have all of it in every ep but the series has something for everyone

Comment

One of my favorite episodes of SG-1, and if I could only pick one, this one would be it.

It is a shame that although they hint countless times of the romance between Sam and Jack, they never actually took it anywhere. And its sometimes annoying the fact that if they were never going to develop it, why did they keep bringing it to the surface? Well, all in the past.

The back swing was awesome, that golfing record that they established is definitely going to be a difficult one to break

Comment

This was the first episode I ever saw. I watched it at my friend's place (he's addicted to SG) and.. ..it got me addicted too :3 I'm borrowing his DVDs and I'm almost halfway through season 4 now.. but dang, that ep cracked me up totally

Especially the idea that Jack knew stuff Sam didn't (as her memory reset every loop). I loved the satisfaction on Teal'c's face when he finally managed not to get the door smacked in his face X3

Comment

greatest episode ever. i love everything from him playing golf and hiting the ball thro the stargate to the moment he quits and kisses sam. then when the time loop starts again is smiling at her
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                          greatest episode ever. i love everything from him playing golf and hiting the ball thro the stargate to the moment he quits and kisses sam. then when the time loop starts again is smiling at her
                          the only annoying thing is sam's hairstyle.

yeuch!
                          "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
                            the only annoying thing is sam's hairstyle.

yeuch!
                            what was wrong with her hair
                            sigpic

Comment

It's by no means a unique idea for a series episode having seen it in StarTrek TNG, but given RDA's humor & that the crisus solving was left up to the 2 non scientists, I think it's 1 of the better episodes. Everyone keep talking about RDA's golfing, but I seriously burst out laughing when Teal'c finally got fed up with getting hit in the face with that door LMAO. I LOVE IT!!!

Comment

yes well the golfing was funny and the hitting with the door i forgot about that altho it was very very funny. and after so many times of time starting again i would have known what they would to
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X