X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol true
    sigpic

Comment

The beginning was so funny...yaw sure ya betcha! Sam not liking the yellow ones Mother Bug *ick*
      Blowing up the O'Neill before it is finished....classic...and such a shame.

"It was your stupid idea, Major Carter"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
        I would have thought Carter would get a ship named after her long before Daniel did. She personally went to Thor's homeworld and saved them!
        yes, n especially the Daniel Jackson is a natural-science research ship, not a social-sciences research ship
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          Does anyone else wonder what the team was doing on P4X-234 for a whole week while they were trying to dial home? Teal'c has a goatee that Jack warns Daniel not to touch. Carter seems awfully quick to tell Hammond that they were fine. Then later on she tells Jack she's had enough relaxation for a while (and turns down the fishing invite again).

Is P4X-234 the Las Vegas of the galaxy? You know, what happens here stays here?
          interestin readin-into o' dialogue; witty to call it Galactic LV!
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Must say the 4th season really started off with a bang. It's sad that the O'Neill was such a short-lived ship...
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome finale to the two parter.

I love the tension when Jack tries to get Daniel, then Davis, to blow the sub. Some great emotion on all parts there. Davis looked sick too. Very well done. That would've been just awful for Daniel and Davis. It was interesting that Davis didn't give the order until Daniel finally said, "Ok." Hmmmm...I'm thinking maybe he wasn't exactly following military protocol there. ; )

Aww... Sam hugs Thor! : ) "It was your stupid idea." Love it.

I think it's cute how by end of season 3 and now through S4, Sam seems to have really found her fit and comfort in her own shoes on the team. She seems at ease around Jack in a way that she hadn't always been before. I think she's grown up a lot by this point and I just love the comfortable ease that the team exhibits at this point.

Poor Jack, I love his reaction and expression when Sam tells him about the O'Neill, and then that they had to blow it up. He did so great!
              All around wonderful episode!
              Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

It as a great reaction when he was told the ship was gone.

When Sam & Thor were working on her dumb idea, there was a joke by someone. They had Thor reach over and pat Sam's butt. AT reacted without thinking and turned and slapped Thor. Then apologized. Then realized she was apologizing to a *puppet*.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I really like Thor. He is so cute. He and Sam work so great together. When Sam was tired, and Thor became concerned about her, I thought that was so sweet. I thought he sounded sad when he told her that the replicators didn't sleep. Maybe he wished they would, so she could rest.
                  "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                  "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                    The beginning was so funny...yaw sure ya betcha! Sam not liking the yellow ones Mother Bug *ick*
                    Blowing up the O'Neill before it is finished....classic...and such a shame.

"It was your stupid idea, Major Carter"

I love how both Sam and Jack said "yeahsure yabetcha!" to each other and how Jack's plan for everything waws 'blow it up' It was so funny.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

And Sam also blew it up. Hehehehehe.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

8/10

I really don't like Sam Carter focused episodes, she's portrayed so woodenly by Amanda most of the time. The last second saves get a bit tiresome as well. Maybe I should halt my SG-1 series watch for a while.
                        Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

These two are far and away the best replicator episodes they made. Too bad they didn't stop here. I understand why, in the greater context of the series, they brought them back. I understand why they made them human. Nonetheless, the series as a whole would've been better and more realistic (in terms of conflict) if the replicators had remained tough but defeatable. Escalation of the villains is a common failure in dramatic series. They do it because the audience gets tired of seeing the same villain all the time.

The irony of the producers of this show claiming the right to kill off characters "to make it more realistic" but succumbing to the villain escalation failure is enormous. Escalating the villains is the opposite of realistic.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I've never been a fan of the replicators. They just always seemed so unthreatening to me, and it makes them quite uninteresting. As Seaboe mentioned, this is probably the high point of the replicator story arc, it's pretty much downhill from here apart from the odd little gem ("Menace"), and once they take on human form it's just silly.

Still, the episode itself has fun and hits all the right buttons. The new 35mm shooting film gives the show a MUCH better look, everything looks more expensive and more interesting. In early season 4, Amanda Tapping looked absolutely stunning with the slightly longer hair. The scenes on the submarine are nicely done, very claustrophobic, and the CG replicators look wonderful, the best effects done by the show up to this point.

INTERESTING THINGS I LEARNED FROM THE COMMENTARY TRACK:

- The two Russian submarine soliders at the start say to each other when hearing the replicator banging in the tube, "Maybe it's one of those bugs from the last episode."

- The red tracking lights used for matching up CG elements in the visual effects shots are usually painted out in post production. In several shots onboard the submarine, they decided to leave them in because they matched the sets and looked pretty cool.

- There was a deleted scene which involved Teal'c being very upset with himself for letting the soldier he was partnered with die.

- The mouth on the puppet Thor stopped working properly to the point where the top lip doesn't move at all, and they had no choice but to keep it in the episode.

RATING: 7 out of 10
                            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Interesting tidbits, Guitarist. Thanks.

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                              In early season 4, Amanda Tapping looked absolutely stunning with the slightly longer hair.
                              I'm wondering, was she pregnant during end of season three and/or beginning of season four?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                                I'm wondering, was she pregnant during end of season three and/or beginning of season four?
                                Her only child was born between seasons 8 and 9.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X