No announcement yet.

Small Victories (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. She was wearing some large uniform shirts that hung loosely and low. Made me wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
      Interesting tidbits, Guitarist. Thanks.

I'm wondering, was she pregnant during end of season three and/or beginning of season four?
      No, she wasn't. Most of those shirts hang rather low on whoever wears them, even on the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
        INTERESTING THINGS I LEARNED FROM THE COMMENTARY TRACK:

- The two Russian submarine soliders at the start say to each other when hearing the replicator banging in the tube, "Maybe it's one of those bugs from the last episode."

- The red tracking lights used for matching up CG elements in the visual effects shots are usually painted out in post production. In several shots onboard the submarine, they decided to leave them in because they matched the sets and looked pretty cool.

- There was a deleted scene which involved Teal'c being very upset with himself for letting the soldier he was partnered with die.

- The mouth on the puppet Thor stopped working properly to the point where the top lip doesn't move at all, and they had no choice but to keep it in the episode.

RATING: 7 out of 10
        Interesting about the deleted scene mentioned. Teal'c never seems to get very upset about people dying, so it seems like it would be out of character for him to do so in this instance. I'm sure he feels things very deeply, but he rarely lets much emotion show. Maybe that's why the scene was deleted.

Comment

A great start to a great season. It was worth the wait between the seasons on its first airing, a great conclusion and continues to make this the best two-parter adventure in the whole series after 'Lost City' for me.

Sam helping the Asgard with dumb human ideas!!! LOL! I loved this idea that the Asgard recognised and appreciated the human approach to things and used it.

The wonderfully shot scenes in the submarine really gave a sense of claustrophobic tension.

The submarine they filmed in was the real deal. It was a Russian Foxtrot submarine that at one point was a tourist attraction moored on the Fraser river in New Westminster, but has since been towed back to LA.

http://www.ssbn601.com/Foxtrot.asp

Comment

I enjoyed watching this episode especially the scenes between Thor and Carter. I think shes the only one that actually hugs Thor throughout the series. I really like Carters hair in this episode I hated it when she cuts it all off later on this season.
            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Great opener to the 4th season. Great Visual Effects.

I loved the sound of the O'Neill as it flew into space.

Stuff from the Commentary (Stuff I remember):
              • This episode introduced the rear screen projectors (like the one in the briefing room and behind the gate).
              • They (Martin, James, Jim) didn't like the CG Thor in this episode, but they were working on a new model.
              • On the Thor puppet, the upper lip was broken and got worse over the course of the episode.

I decided on episode first, then listen to the commentary (and note stuff that I thought was interesting, or something). The other way was just stupid, mostly.

Tomorrow, that other guy from DS9. And SG-1 shoots some ships with some sort of Radar (?).
              sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                I didn't think it was a stupid idea, I thought it was a great idea.
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

First thought: Whatever planet they gated to had some weird stuff in the atmosphere. Caused Teal'c to grow weird blonde facial hair and Sam's hair to grow quite a bit.

I do enjoy Sam trying to come up with a way to stop the replicators and having to explain that her idea should work because the replicators and Asgard find it stupid.

Also, I lol'd at Jack trying to get Thor to go fishing with him.
                  http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

Autumn 2000: The big catchhup earlier in the year allowed me to get back into SG1 fanfiction and possibly stumble accross a certain site called Starguide. Either way I went on to hear about SG1 starting up again on Sky 1 on...Tuesdays I think it was and...

1. Russian without subtitles. Annoying.

2. "Blow it up" Davis: That could be a problem....you're meant to be experts...
                    "And as an expert I say blow it up".

3. An Asgard walking through a Stargate, Thor was really slumming it.

4. That was a pretty cool dumb idea.

5. Anhiliation by bugs...good save.

Solid start to what turned out to be an awesome season...this'll be a good month!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I enjoyed the easy humor between Jack and Sam continued from the previous episode.

Watching Sam interact with Thor...the science is out of her depth, which makes me smile and go: :O I wonder if that's how Jack feels when she tries to explain stuff to him?

I love that it's her dumb idea that saves the day.

The spontaneous hug Sam gives Thor was endearing.

The claustrophobic feel of the sub was cool.

Jack telling Daniel to have the sub destroyed rather than let him & Teal'c be torn apart by the bugs, and Daniel's agonizing over making the call, and the nice save by Thor were all awesome.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I love this episode, love the two-parter. Always a favorite to rewatch. Great fun with a new issue...ok we thought we solved the issue...oops Replicators in the Pacific! ooh...and we get the Russians involved, start of wonderful things to come. I enjoyed the slightly unexpected paring of Sam and Thor on their own. I absolutely LOVED Jack's reaction when Sam told him about the O'Neill...and then what happened to it! Awesome! so funny.

oh poor Daniel....twice in just a week or so he almost loses his entire team. talk about stress.
                        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Great start to the season. I really enjoyed seeing the Asgard planet and all the Asgard ships and other little things.

First time seeing a Replicator Queen as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Great episode, excellent season opener. The shifts between the two storylines increased the tension, without downplaying either one. A good combination of action and character development. The interactions between the team members are getting more complex. Some of my favorites:

Jack’s spontaneous invitation to Sam about going fishing, with the realization by both of them about how inappropriate it would be—saved by Thor!

The dialog between Daniel, Jack, and Sam about how the Asgard needing someone dumber
                            Daniel: Wait a minute, are you actually saying you need someone dumber?
                            O’Neil: You may have come to the right place

Daniel and O’Neil eyeball each other
                            Sam volunteers to go with Thor

O’Neil: I don’t know Carter, you may not be dumb enough.
                            Sam: I think I can handle that.
                            Jack: Have fun.
                            Sam: Aw sure, ya becha

Sam spontaneously hugging Thor.—she even surprised herself. Why does it seem that the Asgard seem to be rather fragile physically?

O’Neil being insanely afraid of bugs—I didn’t think that Jack was afraid of anything.

The scenes in the sub were great—in tight quarters with some frightening bugs. The Replicators creep me out—since they can eat through anything, there’s no safe place, and I don’t like bugs

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_ty View Post
                              O’Neil being insanely afraid of bugs—I didn’t think that Jack was afraid of anything.
                              Jack wasn't insanely afraid of bugs until Nemesis.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'm not so sure about this one. It lacks the wow factor I got from Nemesis. I got bored with the Sam and Thor scenes. Too much talking about how to defeat the Replicators and just computer icons showing the battle and not enough action of seeing us engage the Replicators. I just yawn at this stuff. I was much more intrigued with SG1 fighting on a Russian submarine. It felt like the more down the Earth nature of them running around with guns solving a problem with military tatics. I especially like how they made mention of how the Replicator bugs are only as strong as the Earth metials and therefore can rust when exposed to water. It seemed really smart written. Although Thor saving them at the climax feels like a deus ex machina.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X