Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They're Ok! The...the....the, the...the-the...they're ok!"
    "They had asses?"

Some good writing and homage to Aliens. The effects were pretty cool too...Replicator stairs, the Mother Bug, Thor's home planet.
    We finally get to see Daniel's scar, Jack still doesn't get to go fishing and Thor'sconsc ience is transferred.
    Ho hum for SG-1.

Comment

Just finished watching this episode, I forgot how good it was. It was nice to see the Thor's homeworld. Good characterization between with Daniel, who is watching his friends helpless on the submarine.

I have to say, I think Teal'c caterpillar beard-thing deserves it's own credit. It's just...... something.... different.
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
        I have to say, I think Teal'c caterpillar beard-thing deserves it's own credit. It's just...... something.... different.
        Agreed. Has anyone ever heard why it decided to take up residence on his chin? Just curious if anyone ever mentioned why the unique style.
        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
          Agreed. Has anyone ever heard why it decided to take up residence on his chin? Just curious if anyone ever mentioned why the unique style.
          CJ grew it during hiatis. He wanted to keep it--insisted on it. Everyone just laughed at him behind his back until he finally realized how ridiculous it was and shaved it off.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            CJ grew it during hiatis. He wanted to keep it--insisted on it. Everyone just laughed at him behind his back until he finally realized how ridiculous it was and shaved it off.
            It's strange to think of Teal'c with hair of any kind in general, I guess because we don't see it often..

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
            "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
            a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
              We finally get to see Daniel's scar
              For the first (and only time)! MS didn't need make-up for that! He had his appendix removed at the time Nemesis was been shot. I heard the story that when MS went to the hospital, he asked the doctor if he could go home and come back in the next morning, the doctor replied that he would be dead in the morning. Michael is a very skilled actor, but there wasn't much acting needed for Nemesis!

Comment

How did Sam Carter and Thor know that O'Neill and Teal'c were stuck in the Russian submarine, and how did they know where to beam them up from to Thor's galaxy, and when the sub was being hit by the missiles??

How did SGC know for sure that all the Replicators were destroyed in the submarine?
                When the SGC stargate was transported to Thor's ship, and Sam said they were trying to dial in for a week, and Thor recovered, WHERE were they located, and when did the stargate get returned to the SGC?
                How did Thor recover?

Comment

RDA is immensely skilled in the technique of using comic relief in stressful situations. Shanks is immensely skilled in playing the role of the genius professor type. I cannot imagine anyone else playing Teal'c - Judge was perfect for the role, and of course Tapping is immensely skilled at cracking the toughest scientific problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                    How did Sam Carter and Thor know that O'Neill and Teal'c were stuck in the Russian submarine, and how did they know where to beam them up from to Thor's galaxy, and when the sub was being hit by the missiles??

How did SGC know for sure that all the Replicators were destroyed in the submarine?
                    When the SGC stargate was transported to Thor's ship, and Sam said they were trying to dial in for a week, and Thor recovered, WHERE were they located, and when did the stargate get returned to the SGC?
                    How did Thor recover?
                    Well, Thor obviously scanned Earth for the only Jaffa and seeing as the other life sign who was with him was a carrier of the ATA gene/genetic marker (to prevent him from being cloned, as we learn in Fragile Balance) he knew Teal'c and Jack were there. I don't recall it being made clear where Thor and Sam were at the time they beamed up Jack and Teal'c, it's possible they were already in the MW galaxy or even close to Earth (seeing as how the Asgard can travel galaxies in mere hours). Considering the Replicators are the Asgard's worst enemy, I assume they have some way of tracking/detecting them and could therefore see none survived.

From the lexicon:
                    It took more than a week to set up the beta gate at the SGC, due to technical difficulties. O'Neill, Carter, and Teal'c remained offworld on P4X-234 [sic] during that time until a connection could be established.
                    From the episode:

FRAISER
                    I hear it took them a lot longer than they thought to set up the second Gate.
                    DANIEL
                    What happened to Thor?

CARTER
                    Oh. We got him out in a stasis pod.

TEAL'C
                    It was retrieved when we passed though the Stargate on P4X 234.

CARTER
                    It must have had a locating beacon.

HAMMOND
                    They left you behind?
                    Thor didn't really recover, his consciousness was probably downloaded in a new cloned body.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

When I saw Sam eat a square of "sustenance" offered by Thor, I wondered why she didn't leave Earth with Thor with a supply of food and drink. For that matter we never see SG1 traveling with Earth food and drink. What guarantee is there that on any given world they could eat any food or even drink the water???

Comment

They were not beamed up to Thor's galaxy. Thor's ship returned to earth, where Jack and Teal'c were beamed up to the ship. We've seen in other episodes how very speedily an Asgard ship can travel from one place to another in mere seconds, and that's likely what happened here. Time passes differently in Stargate episodes than in real life.

Here's the picture from the episode where Jack and Teal'c are being beamed up from earth to Thor's ship.

Comment

They have canteens, water purifying tablets, MREs, power bars and all the other standard stuff in their ALICE/MOLLE packs...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

When I saw Sam eat a square of "sustenance" offered by Thor, I wondered why she didn't leave Earth with Thor with a supply of food and drink. For that matter we never see SG1 traveling with Earth food and drink. What guarantee is there that on any given world they could eat any food or even drink the water???
                            In this case, Sam didn't have time to take anything with her, since she left right away with Thor from the gateroom. Though on other offworld situations, it's like what fems said. They have a lot of stuff in those packs they carry and in their vests.

Comment

Originally Hammond had said that only the President and Joint Chiefs knew about the Stargate.
                              What about all those who built and worked at SGC, and what about Davis from the Pentagon?
                              Where does he fit in the chain of command?

Comment

Originally Hammond had said that only the President and Joint Chiefs knew about the Stargate.
                                What about all those who built and worked at SGC, and what about Davis from the Pentagon?
                                Where does he fit in the chain of command?
                                I wouldn't swear to it, but I think Davis is a liaison between the Joint Chiefs and the SGC.

Comment

Working...
                                X