No announcement yet.

Urgo (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how sg1 returned through the gate the first time without idc code? Im little bit confused about this moment. I love URGO hes making me laugh everytime )

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Terrible Terrible episode.
      So, this is something I have trouble understanding during every rewatch I've seen people posting about it--if you feel this way, why watch the episode? There's no award for putting up with what you consider drek.

Note, I'm not saying don't post about the episode; I think it's important that those who dislike things are as free to express their opinions as those who like them.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        So, this is something I have trouble understanding during every rewatch I've seen people posting about it--if you feel this way, why watch the episode? There's no award for putting up with what you consider drek.

Note, I'm not saying don't post about the episode; I think it's important that those who dislike things are as free to express their opinions as those who like them.

Seaboe
        Mostly for the GateWorld Rewatch. Take the bad with the good.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by xevgyx View Post
          Does anyone know how sg1 returned through the gate the first time without idc code?
          Good question. I guess it's a plot hole.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Mostly for the GateWorld Rewatch. Take the bad with the good.
          Exactly. I usually skip several episodes / season when re-watching, but I've skipped only one episode while participating in the community re-watch.

Comment

A for returning without an iris code...I'm guessing they entered one but didn't remember or Togar had some tech which hacked the iris or something.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
              A for returning without an iris code...I'm guessing they entered one but didn't remember or Togar had some tech which hacked the iris or something.
              Didn't Hammond say something after their first return about the code?

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The concept of attaching a device onto the brain of a specimen in order to explore the galaxy is a just another virtual reality show, right? Ok, maybe so long as the specimen's brains aren't scooped out with a giant scooper.
                I found myself wondering whether real pie was used in the commissary scene and whether Shanks got a headache from giving Daniel's character's eyebrows such a workout.
                Watching Janet while SG-1 conducted a conversation with Urgo in the Infirmary was almost as funny as Urgo...Is it defibrillating now? Woof!
                And trying to catch Sam, Teal's and Daniel struggling to keep a straight face was priceless...a parasite, like the Goa'uld! Kree!
                RDA and Dom were made for each other.
                Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                  I found myself wondering whether real pie was used in the commissary scene ...
                  Every time I watch that I think 'how much pie did he have to eat to get this scene on film?'

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    I enjoyed this episode. I like when Urgo was changing form and changed from Dom into his son Peter. Same face, same smile. Cute.
                    Thanks MP -that has been bugging me for awhile. I had wondered if the young AF officer that Urgo turned into was PDL (the slicked back hair threw me). What a great idea to use him in that scene!

Every time I watch that I think 'how much pie did he have to eat to get this scene on film?' Seaboe
                    I so wish I could see the out-takes!

I found the ep hilarious and will watch it every time the opportunity arises, but I'll also watch Dom in other things (Cannonball Run, Robin Hood Men in Tights, etc). This ep didn't really advance the show overall, it was simply a fun, mindless kind of romp -not completely mindless -the idea of a race that "tags" the alien races it lures through the Stargate in order to study them was an interesting thought.

Urgo telling Jack that they should go to Maui because he saw it in Jack's mind "with big beaches and little bikinis"...and the look Sam shoots at him...are priceless.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Didn't Hammond say something after their first return about the code?

Seaboe
                      Yea he says that both malps came back so i assume that they received the code from Togar maybe as Matt G stated before

Comment

Love this episode so much. over the past few months i have had several groups of friends over and all three times we have watched Urgo to introduce newbies to Stargate. Awesome episode for that purpose...and just a stinking fun episode to watch anytime. So many great lines, so much amazing humor.
                        "I want to live...I want to experience the universe...I want to eat pie!" -"who doesn't?" Indeed. just priceless.
                        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I love this episode!!!

I love Dom!!! As handsome as he is evil(ly funny).

This is a Thanksgiving family tradition in my house. When it's dessert time my family all yells, "I wanna live; I wanna experience the universe; and I wanna eat pie!" Who doesn't?

After we gorge ourselves we gather round the TV and watch as SG1 does the same.

Great times!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I love this episode!!!

I love Dom!!! As handsome as he is evil(ly funny).

This is a Thanksgiving family tradition in my house. When it's dessert time my family all yells, "I wanna live; I wanna experience the universe; and I wanna eat pie!" Who doesn't?

After we gorge ourselves we gather round the TV and watch as SG1 does the same.

Great times!

Thanks -I just laughed my butt off, highlander!!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

That is a wonderful Thanksgiving tradition. Urgo is so cute and funny. This episode is my Stargate SG-1 humor episode. There is nothing dull about it, in my opinion.
                              "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                              "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

When I put the disk on to watch Pretence, but always find myself watching this episode as well. The scene with Janet was so funny and the hallway scene with Sam. Urgo is the ultimate immaginary friend...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Working...
                                X