No announcement yet.

Urgo (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching this one right now. It's one of my absolute favorite Stargate episodes. Dom Delouise/Urgo is hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefangirl View Post
      Just watched this episode last night, the one part I thought was funny was when they were about to talk to the person about how to get Urgo out of their head and how urgo said that they should go to Mauii as Jack was thinking about it the look on his face and Sams face was funny.
      Jack says a lot with his facial expressions.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

I loved this episode, it was very funny. That Urgo character is hilarious. My favourite quote was when Jack said: 'Apparently all desserts on base are in grave danger'
        sigpic

Comment

I recently started to watch the complete series through Netflix, I'm on season 3 right now, and would like to know if anyone else is watching it2? Best Series Ever!!

Comment

Hilarious episode. There has been a lot of funny stuff in the show up to this point, but I think this episode is the first outright comedy episode. And it's a great one. Dom DeLuise is really on form, and does a great job at playing two characters in the end scenes. A lot of funny lines, and the different reactions from different SG-1 members to him is great.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10
            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

This is the one episode of SG-1 that I haven't seen again since it first aired because I really didn't like it! I made myself watch it for the re-watch with the view that I may think differently about it on giving it another go. I really struggled to get through it, and my opinion of it hasn't changed even after the passing years.

So, I will take heed of the wise saying and leave this episode with, 'if you can't say anything good about something, don't say anything at all.'

Comment

I like this ep. Urgo cracks me up. Jack did a great job confusing Teal'c with all different ways of saying bye haha. I'm glad Urgo wasn't destroyed.

This must be the ep that starts the Jelly/Jello craze. I love blue jelly.

Teal'c said indeed in a previous ep but now I can't remember which one

EDIT: Now I remember! He says it in Rules of Engagement.
                Last edited by Lieutenant Sparrow; 19 October 2011, 11:00 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                  One of my faves, I love the funny ones.
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1

1. SG1 go through to a tropical paradise and...OK...

2. Teal'c drinks hot coffee...eyebrows raised...

3. Hello Urgo, as I said back in '09 I eventually found out Dom played someone in Spaceballs but certainly first time I watched this ep, I'd never heard of Dom before.

4. JUst when you think for one second they've gotten rid of him...you remember they haven't sung "row, row, row your boat" yet...

An early attempt at a comedy ep...one that didn't quite work for my money...my reactions were always rather than
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I really love this episode. It's one of the top 5 episodes of Season 3.

Dom is just a great guest star.

I still laugh during that scene where Teal'c inhales that whole container of steaming hot coffee.

Tomorrow, Jack loses 100 days.
                      sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode.

I like when Urgo was changing form and changed from Dom into his son Peter. Same face, same smile. Cute.
                        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I re-watched this ep. only because of the "Stargate Re-Watch," but I'm glad I did. Good fun. Lots of laughs. Dom DeLuise can really annoy some people, so I'm not surprised by the posters who didn't enoy it. Though I liked it, I don't imagine re-watching it again until at least several years have passed.

Comment

I feel like a minority here. There were some chuckles here or there for me, but this has always been an episode I just didn't particularly enjoy. I rewatch Stargate SG-1 frequently but this is one of the episodes I just cannot sit through. I just find it dull. And that bums me out because I like almost every single episode of season 1-8 with the exception of 2. Glad so many others enjoyed it though!

Comment

I love this episode I watch this one every time it comes on tv.
                              My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Terrible Terrible episode. It seems like everytime I watch this episode I hate it that much more. Urgo is risky in that it ride solely on SG-1's interaction with the Urgo actor. If that interaction is bad then the episode is doomed and it is which is Urgo is a terrible episode. I can't stand Urgo and his antics bore me and annoy me at the same time. The attempt to try to make me laugh just makes me cringe.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X