1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c is hilarious in this episode.

Question... would the officer that Jack himself James Kirk know that Star Trek was already on, and ending that year? And, did they meet anyone named Mitchell?
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      would the officer that Jack himself James Kirk know that Star Trek was already on, and ending that year? And, did they meet anyone named Mitchell?
      Maybe and ...maybe.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

1969 - Far out man!

I really enjoy watching this, and I so totally love that car.

I wonder whether Don did the scene first and then the younger Hammong copied him or whether he researched Don's Hammond and simply made it his own. He was brilliant.

Some great moments:
        * Daniel responding to the Sovjet spy-question with a "Njet!"
        * Teal'c looking all groovy
        * Teal'c pretty much saying Carter's hitchhiking-skills are non-existent
        * Jack shooting Hammond -- funny he didn't mention that again when he informed how much he owned him
        * the roadtrip as a whole

Yup, enjoyable episode.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          1969 - Far out man!

I really enjoy watching this, and I so totally love that car.

I wonder whether Don did the scene first and then the younger Hammong copied him or whether he researched Don's Hammond and simply made it his own. He was brilliant.

Some great moments:
          * Daniel responding to the Sovjet spy-question with a "Njet!"
          * Teal'c looking all groovy
          * Teal'c pretty much saying Carter's hitchhiking-skills are non-existent
          * Jack shooting Hammond -- funny he didn't mention that again when he informed how much he owned him
          * the roadtrip as a whole

Yup, enjoyable episode.
          I'm gonna do an SG re-watch this summer...I can't wait to get to this episode again!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I'm gonna do an SG re-watch this summer...I can't wait to get to this episode again!
            Savor the moment!

Comment

Savor the moment!
              I shall!
              sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite "fun" episodes, I've been doing a rewatch of select episodes the past few weeks.

I agree that the actor playing Lt. Hammond did an excellent job.

Comment

CLOTHES!!!!!!

Great ep, difficult as far as physics is concerned - time travelling by solar flare?
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post

CLOTHES!!!!!!

Great ep, difficult as far as physics is concerned - time travelling by solar flare?
                    IIRC the way it's described is cause of the flair's gravity influence pushing the wormhole around, it bends back on itself.

Comment

A fun episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        A fun episode.
                        It's that wig Teal'c has on his head... ...that's just very memorable.

Comment

And the War with Canada
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode was GROOVY

Comment

Groovy episode -- still very enjoyable.

For record sake, and with Origins possibly screwing canon over, according to Daniel Catherine started her research in the late sixties. And when they are asking her about the artifact (seriously that German accent -- shudder), she makes a mention of the earlier project being shut down in 1945 after Littlefield went ... err... had his accident.

Anyway... the episode is made of much love and peace. I absolutely adore the roadtrip part. It's a pretty straightforward story. They go, get in trouble, find help and go home -- with a few detours on the way but it's interesting nonetheless. Lots of humor and feelgoodness to enjoy. Laid back, and rock on.

How would you rate SG-1's "1969?"

Excellent
                              Good
                              Fair
                              Poor
                              Terrible

Comment

Groovy episode -- still very enjoyable.

For record sake, and with Origins possibly screwing canon over, according to Daniel Catherine started her research in the late sixties. And when they are asking her about the artifact (seriously that German accent -- shudder), she makes a mention of the earlier project being shut down in 1945 after Littlefield went ... err... had his accident.

Anyway... the episode is made of much love and peace. I absolutely adore the roadtrip part. It's a pretty straightforward story. They go, get in trouble, find help and go home -- with a few detours on the way but it's interesting nonetheless. Lots of humor and feelgoodness to enjoy. Laid back, and rock on.

How would you rate SG-1's "1969?"

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible
                                I concur...it is EXCELLENT!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X