No announcement yet.

1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually just sit back and enjoy this ep because it just plain fun.

I try not to think about it all too much.

I would like to know what happened to Jenny and Michael. Wouldn't it be great if they had a kid working at the SGC?!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      I usually just sit back and enjoy this ep because it just plain fun.

I try not to think about it all too much.

I would like to know what happened to Jenny and Michael. Wouldn't it be great if they had a kid working at the SGC?!

Interesting...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        by the way what was interest rate for jack to owe hammond 539.50 cents. sure it's been 30 years and all but what was it like 20 bucks per year?
        Somewhere I can't remember (it's been more than a year since I stumbled across it), someone figured out the interest rate, and it's actually a fairly realistic one. Don't forget that the first year the interest was on $20, the second year on $20+ the interest from the first year, and so forth. Compounding at work.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

This epsiode has to have some of the most continuity errors for future storylines. That said its still a classic.

Its a nice piece of satire as the writers try to make fun of the 1960s. That is what sells the episode is how it mocks and makes fun of time travel even if this time the method of time travel makes little sense. I especially like Hammond's joke about the interest.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I think this episode was good all around. We got to see some funny moments from Jack and Teal'c even Daniel cracks me up with his "I speek 23 languages pick one" line.
            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I do remember seeing a episode summary written from Hammond's POV which he finishes with "a lot of interest accumulates over the course of 30 years".
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Loved this episode...time travel, 60's fashion-style and when Teal'c stops the count down lol.

Don't they reference this episode in "200" when Sam and Daniel are playing a joke on Mitchell by telling him of the classified trip to 1969 and why Jack has always had interest in Mitchell's career with implying that Jack maybe his father via this trip...loved that part in "200" lol hey it was the 60's...

Anyway, overall great episode 9/10

Comment

Just a good, fun ep. I enjoy the backstory on Hammond, the team's time around the campfire, the early introduction to Katherine. All just fun.

Like others, I wish we had seen some tie-in to the present with Jenny and Michael.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Jenny and Michael aren't part of the SGC's present, though, and I don't think they were ever intended to be. Not everyone they might have encountered in 1969 was going to be connected with the Stargate program thirty years later, and it seems to me that Jenny and Michael were purposely written to become something of a question mark.

Just my take on it, of course, and if they had been mentioned again, I'd have found it interesting, I'm sure.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I never liked the time travel/alternate dimension stories but this one was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Starscape91 View Post
                        I think this episode was good all around. We got to see some funny moments from Jack and Teal'c even Daniel cracks me up with his "I speek 23 languages pick one" line.
                        Yeah, every time I hear someone say 1969, I think of this episode and then I think of that line.
                        But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

This was an all around fun episode. And that's all it was. Doesn't mean that I don't really enjoy it though.
                          http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            Jenny and Michael aren't part of the SGC's present, though, and I don't think they were ever intended to be. Not everyone they might have encountered in 1969 was going to be connected with the Stargate program thirty years later, and it seems to me that Jenny and Michael were purposely written to become something of a question mark.

Just my take on it, of course, and if they had been mentioned again, I'd have found it interesting, I'm sure.
                            I've come across at least one fanfic where Sam runs in to Jenny at the grocery store after she gets back to her own year. Jenny is 30 years older and recognizes Sam, but can't exactly place why she knows her. And Sam doesn't immediately recognize Jenny, because Jenny is 30 years older. It's an interesting little story.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I've come across at least one fanfic where Sam runs in to Jenny at the grocery store after she gets back to her own year. Jenny is 30 years older and recognizes Sam, but can't exactly place why she knows her. And Sam doesn't immediately recognize Jenny, because Jenny is 30 years older. It's an interesting little story.
                              That would be an interesting read...you should post a link if you can find it.
                              sigpic

Comment

This is among my favourite episodes of all time. I love time travel stories in general. This episode is like a little gem in the series and there's nothing quite like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X