Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    I wasn't too impressed with Cam in this ep - he pretty much just sat around and waited to see what happened. Some damn fine acting from Amanda though.. she had me thoroughly believing that she was in an awful lot of pain.. and nearly cringing in sympathy!

Overall, the plot was fairly predictable though...

Oh, and why didn't they kill the guy who turned Teal'c over (can't remember his name, sorry)? He was one of those who resisted with force, wasn't he? So why wasn't he murdered with the rest?
    It would of been better if Jack O'Neill was there
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
      Sam's been through plenty, but I think it might have all been catching up to her, is all. Her lines about how she spent her whole life devoted to science, then the ten years convincing people; she'd been doing her job for a long time at that point and I think it was catching up to her, plus, they were surrounded by soldiers and had no viable way of doing much at all, instead of her being at the SGC or anything.

Overall, excellent episode. Just watched it (and a few others) for the first time last night. Had them all on record from the SG-1 marathon on Wednesday. I've already seen AoT, but never saw this, so I didn't have a full enough perspective on Tomin up until now. Really good character -- as much as I predicted, and moreso. When he punched Vala, my eyes widened. Three-dimensional, well-rounded; all those lines describe him. I hope we see more of him in the future, though he did get a fairly strong finish.
      Tomin was the best part to come out of the Ori storyline. Imo, naturally.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

This is an alright episode for me.

Comment

Sam : "The password is : fishing."
          Holy Moly, this episode is great, even ig Sam suffered from injury. :-(
          I enjoyed this ep.
          Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
          / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

A good episode but not in my top 5 of the season.
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the development that happens to Tomin's character in this episode. It was nice to see how he reacts to Vala's unwillingness to accept Origin and to also see how much he still loves her.

Poor Sam got a pretty bad whumping. I knew all along she couldn't die, but it still had me on the edge of my chair, waiting to see how she would get through. I thought the camraderie displayed between her and Mitchell was very nice and touching.
              Signature by Glitch33.
              sigpic
              Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                I liked the development that happens to Tomin's character in this episode. It was nice to see how he reacts to Vala's unwillingness to accept Origin and to also see how much he still loves her.

Poor Sam got a pretty bad whumping. I knew all along she couldn't die, but it still had me on the edge of my chair, waiting to see how she would get through. I thought the camraderie displayed between her and Mitchell was very nice and touching.
                That was my favorite part of the episode! I love the 'teaminess' feel of this episode. Kind of reminds me of previous seasons.

Comment

Love this episode

''Line In The Sand''
                  sigpic

Comment

Pretty cool episode all in all. Seems to me the new team dynamic is finally working properly after two and a half seasons. Poor Sam, it was so tough on her but I'm so glad Cam never allowed her to give up hope. I loved the way they jerry rigged that Ori crystal to work with the Ancient designed phase shifter.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great episode. Good character development for Vala and Tomin. Mitchell was wonderful in his dealing with Sam.
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This was just one of Season 10's really good episodes. There were definitely some great character moments in this one.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I enjoyed this one muchly. Although wife-beating is not my thing, Vala shouldn't have given him the time of day after that, and just called it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            I absolutely agree- there is no reason to write the two leads as a ship when it's so much more natural not to, and I'm glad there hasn't been a C/S ship forced upon us. And I like that they're giving that feeling that Cam and Sam have known each other since before season nine, I'd love to learn more about their history. Stargate doesn't need ship to make the viewers care about the characters' relationships, and this episode proved it.

She is very familiar- funnily enough, the day after seeing this ep, I watched an X-Files ep and she was in it playing an airport counter attendant lady.

She actually reminded me of Elosha from BSG, though it isn't the same actress.
                            She has also been in several episodes of Law and Order, SVU. Playing a school counciller.

Comment

This episode was quite intriguing to me when watching it the first time. However, during any subsequent re-watching, I found the Vala/Tomin storyline to become quite boring. I did like how their relationship was portrayed.

I do, however, always enjoy the Sam/Cam story. It wasn't very often that we saw Sam incapacitated to the extent she was here. I also feel that Cam didn't annoy me as much as usual here. I liked his resolve to keep Sam positive and not allowing her to think she was going to die.

The part of this episode that really bugs me is that Landry takes the word of Vala that they can do this mission, instead of Sam, who knows that the device isn't ready for that large of a scale yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Go find Daniel!
                                Uh, I mean, great ep!
                                But poor Sam...
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X