Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    Yeah they did say amanda, I thought that was really weird. Any way, great episode. Perfect way to bring back Tomin. I liked to intimate moments between Sam and Cam. Its nice that they can do a scene like that with out getting shippy between the characters.
    I absolutely agree- there is no reason to write the two leads as a ship when it's so much more natural not to, and I'm glad there hasn't been a C/S ship forced upon us. And I like that they're giving that feeling that Cam and Sam have known each other since before season nine, I'd love to learn more about their history. Stargate doesn't need ship to make the viewers care about the characters' relationships, and this episode proved it.

Originally posted by Jace021903 View Post
    I know I've seen the actress that played the village leader before but I can't place her. It bugged me everytime she was on screen.
    She is very familiar- funnily enough, the day after seeing this ep, I watched an X-Files ep and she was in it playing an airport counter attendant lady.

She actually reminded me of Elosha from BSG, though it isn't the same actress.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Try a pic of her with the glasses!
      sorry, i looked at GW's M2 pics first.

how about this?

thanks oober, and dedicated to stargate
      i tried to find a pic of daniel with glasses and hair like geek!sam. he tends to part it when it gets too long though; this is the closest i found.

...nope, still don't see it.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

She is very familiar- funnily enough, the day after seeing this ep, I watched an X-Files ep and she was in it playing an airport counter attendant lady.
        She's a striking lady--very regal-looking. I've probably seen her here and there and remembered her face. Thanks.
        Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          I don't think they'll ever replace an actor for the same character, but I think that Tim Guinee is definitely Stargate material. I've enjoyed Tomin's scenes with Vala about 10x more than her scenes with Daniel (with the exception of Origin, Memento Mori and one ep that has yet to air in the States). Tomin/Vala doesn't seem nearly as forced as Daniel/Vala.
          I do like D/V but I have to agree--Vala shows much more depth, humanity and maturity when she's dealing with Tomin. Thinking back to Crusade, there's a just warmth that she seems to exude towards him. She takes him seriously, whereas she seems to treat Daniel like a fool. Maybe that's just her way of getting to him, I don't know. But CB definitely gets to show her acting abilities when she's playing opposite Tim Guinee, who's also a good actor.

Ergo, the Tomin/Vala scenes were very moving. It's a domestic drama a la SG1.

The scenes with Cam and Sam were excellent as well.

And I'm also in agreement with everyone who said Aisha Hinds (the village's leader) gave heft to the standard village leader role. She carried a certain authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Hmmm, I don't see it either Maybe it's someone else that needs the glasses
            Yeah still don't see it.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
              I do like D/V but I have to agree--Vala shows much more depth, humanity and maturity when she's dealing with Tomin. Thinking back to Crusade, there's a just warmth that she seems to exude towards him. She takes him seriously, whereas she seems to treat Daniel like a fool. Maybe that's just her way of getting to him, I don't know. But CB definitely gets to show her acting abilities when she's playing opposite Tim Guinee, who's also a good actor.

Ergo, the Tomin/Vala scenes were very moving. It's a domestic drama a la SG1.

The scenes with Cam and Sam were excellent as well.

And I'm also in agreement with everyone who said Aisha Hinds (the village's leader) gave heft to the standard village leader role. She carried a certain authority.
              Totally agree. With this post and many of the comments regarding Tomin and Vala.

I was trying to figure out why I liked Vala and Tomin together in this and other episodes, and it is because I really believe her when she says she loves Tomin. The chemistry they have seems genuine, real while sometimes the constant flirty Daniel interractions seem fake/ manufactured. I loved Vala trying to convince Tomin to leave the Ori ship with her, Vala seemed to have a significant depth of feeling for a change. Tomin is also very well done as a character - believable, with layers of personality I would love to see developed on screen. (and he's cute too )
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                OMG...if MS decides not to return as Daniel...TG (tomin) could play the part.

http://us.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/4...C%20Tim&seq=16
                I can see what you mean in that picture. As a lookalike I don't know though. However as an actor, I rate the guy quite highly. Wasn't he just wonderful in this episode? I love the chemistry he has with Vala.

MS doesn't look a thing like JS, yet he sure fooled me at the start of the series! There is no reason why they couldn't do another actor as Daniel, but they've already shown in the past that they won't. Despite the movie to series precedent , when MS left they didn't bring in another actor to play Daniel, but a different character all together.

Anyway, it is a moot point. MS is in the movies.

Flynn - while I've always thought that there was a similarity looks wise between Sam and Daniel (I've also always really enjoyed the brother/sister vibe they have going, and I do like to think of them as siblings), and MS is often very beautiful on screen, I don't think that Sam looks *that* much like him!
                sigpic

Comment

You know it would have been nice to see them use some kind of regular defense, like say a machine gun emplacement or land mines to defend the village, rather than simply relying on Arthur's Mantle, especially since there was the possibility it wouldn't work. I know it probably wouldn't have made a difference in the end, but it would have bought Sam more time to work on fixing the machine.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                    Flynn - while I've always thought that there was a similarity looks wise between Sam and Daniel (I've also always really enjoyed the brother/sister vibe they have going, and I do like to think of them as siblings), and MS is often very beautiful on screen, I don't think that Sam looks *that* much like him!
                    Well that was a joke, I should have said Teal'c looked more like Daniel than the other guy!

On screen the guy who plays Tomin looks nothing like Daniel.
                    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                      Well that was a joke, I should have said Teal'c looked more like Daniel than the other guy!

On screen the guy who plays Tomin looks nothing like Daniel.
                      I thought you were being serious, as you'd furthered your argument with the picture and all. Make more use of these , it helps .

Definitely disagree there. Tomin looks way more like Daniel than Tealc, he has more Daniel-like hair.

Originally posted by jds1982
                      You know it would have been nice to see them use some kind of regular defense, like say a machine gun emplacement or land mines to defend the village, rather than simply relying on Arthur's Mantle, especially since there was the possibility it wouldn't work. I know it probably wouldn't have made a difference in the end, but it would have bought Sam more time to work on fixing the machine.

oooh good point. I hadn't thought of that. It would make sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=GateGipsy;6601260]I thought you were being serious, as you'd furthered your argument with the picture and all. Make more use of these , it helps .

Definitely disagree there. Tomin looks way more like Daniel than Tealc, he has more Daniel-like hair.

QUOTE]

Um, I didn't post any pictures, just the one, original post. He does have Daniel like hair in THAT picture but I don't see it in the episodes. Better?
                        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Better

Ah that's what comes of posting with a cold. I thought you'd posted the picture of Sam in glasses. Anyway better get back on topic before some mod comes along and gives us a slap
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                            Better

Ah that's what comes of posting with a cold. I thought you'd posted the picture of Sam in glasses. Anyway better get back on topic before some mod comes along and gives us a slap
                            OT, but I noticed you have DDL in your sig. Is that from Vancouver Con, and if so, is there a thread or LJ that talks about his session?

Comment

Yes, it is David DeLuise, and no, it was taken at German City Con 2006. That was an awesome con - David, Michael and Peter DeLuise together.

If you want to ask about Vancouver con try it's thread in the Fandom folder.

Now back to the topic...

I have to say, btw, that I absolutely loved this episode. I loved the relationship, screwy as it is, between Vala and Tomin. He is essentially a good person, and I hate the way the Ori had perverted that goodness.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not a huge fan of this ep. Alan McCullough wrote it and he's not one of my favorite writers.

I expected some mention of Daniel. Mitchell was the only one that said something and that was half way through the ep. I don't expect them to be sitting around crying, but they lost a member of their team on the last mission, doesn't that at least warrant some concern?

Comment

Working...
                                X