Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LMichelle View Post
    Not a huge fan of this ep. Alan McCullough wrote it and he's not one of my favorite writers.

I expected some mention of Daniel. Mitchell was the only one that said something and that was half way through the ep. I don't expect them to be sitting around crying, but they lost a member of their team on the last mission, doesn't that at least warrant some concern?
    That's the problem when many scenes end up on the cutting room floor. That's what happened with the team talking about Daniel, it was supposed to be at the beginning of the show, but they ran out of time.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I could have done with seeing that put in, and some other stuff cut, like the whole sam in the ward and mitchell bringing in macaroons..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I could have done with seeing that put in, and some other stuff cut, like the whole sam in the ward and mitchell bringing in macaroons..
        Ditoo !!!

Comment

But then the problem there would have been that the episode wouldn't have had a proper ending.

Comment

As much as I like Daniel I felt they did it just fine and like the final cut.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I really liked this episode, especially the "hang in there" scenes between Sam and Mitchell. It shows how much Mitchell cares for her. Sam must've been in a TON of pain because she doesn't tend to give up often.
              Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Comment

A kidney shot type wound would do that..

Comment

A kidney shot type wound would do that..
                  Yeah and it would have killed her in minutes, half hour tops !!!

Comment

Question about this episode. They shifted the village at the end just before the Ori blasted it. The blast left a crater, albiet a rather small one for such a "massive" power source, but a crater none the less.

When the village shifted back, shouldn't all the buildings fall a foot or so because of the lack of ground that isn't there from the blast?

I realize the Merlin Device works on higher levels of physics, but if the matter law is still obeyed (same matter canot occupy same space), then the village should have had about a foot of dirt phased with it (guess), another foot vaporized by the Ori blast, thus the whole village should have fell one foot when they came back. Unless the Merlin Device accounted for this and set the village and all the people down the foot so they were on stable ground.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                      Yeah, they always leave the actual injury a little vague so the (lead cast member) can survive for hours or even days. If it was a nameless lieutenant bye-bye buster!
                      Still, I forgive that b/c at least they showed that that kind of injury would be painful and incapacitating. Too often on shows they run around after they're shot as if they've just got a hangnail or something , which I doubt happens in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                        Question about this episode. They shifted the village at the end just before the Ori blasted it. The blast left a crater, albiet a rather small one for such a "massive" power source, but a crater none the less.

When the village shifted back, shouldn't all the buildings fall a foot or so because of the lack of ground that isn't there from the blast?

I realize the Merlin Device works on higher levels of physics, but if the matter law is still obeyed (same matter canot occupy same space), then the village should have had about a foot of dirt phased with it (guess), another foot vaporized by the Ori blast, thus the whole village should have fell one foot when they came back. Unless the Merlin Device accounted for this and set the village and all the people down the foot so they were on stable ground.
                        Oh shush, you're thinking too much. I try not to do too much of that when watching Stargate these days....

Good point though.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                          Did they actually say it was a kidney shot? If so depending on how bad the wound she could survive. Now if it was a liver shot, she'd be dead in minutes.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This was one of my fave eps since S8...primarily because of AT and the marvelous job she did with the situation she was given.

The show is starting to work again. Too bad it's too late.

Comment

I think it's neat the cloaking device is smart enough to know how to make the boundaries of the invisible zone fit the walls of the building exactely, so that the next door neighbours are still visible; instead of just making a rough buble of invisibility around the device..

Comment

I will not stand by while the whole doctrine of good will and faith, that I have sworn to uphold is twisted into a hammer and used to beat people down!!
                                I love this line, and the way Guinee performs it.

(not 100% sure on if that quote ir right, got it from some website because I could only remember the hammer part)
                                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                                X