No announcement yet.

Line In The Sand (1012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What more can I add, a great episode from all invloved, very real down to the last detail. I loved it so much, one of my personal favs.

GREAT EPISODE
    sigpic
    JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
    Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
    Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

awesome scaper tie-in with vala telling tomin he "can do more". wonder if it was intentionally to reference aeryn being told she "can be more"? cos after crichton tells her that, she leaves the peacekeeper military, escaping with john, just as tomin could have followed after helping vala escape. =) even if it was unintentional scripting, i think claud got the line.

Comment

This is by far my favorite episode of season 10. Amanda shines in this episode. She does an amazing job, I just absolutely adore her! I think the scenes between her and Mitchell were very believeable and very, very touching. I liked their team interaction in this ep. Though, I wish that Daniel had been there...ahh...anywho! Loved this ep!

Comment

Fishing eh
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
            I love this line, and the way Guinee performs it.

(not 100% sure on if that quote ir right, got it from some website because I could only remember the hammer part)
            This was definitely the high-point of the episode. It was really great drama and acting, really hitting home the point of the series. Not to mention the turning-point for Tomin. The scene beforehand where the Prior twists a passage from the Book Of Origin that Tomin himself had read to Vala was another great moment.

Another really powerful point of the episode was Sam's injury. I could be wrong but I'm sure she's never been injured like that before in the whole ten years, certainly not to the point of her speech being strained because she's in so much pain. There was a lot of great acting from both Amanda Tapping and Ben Browder in their scenes together, especially when Cam's talking about putting the team back together the year before and now he's slowly losing them one by one, having lost Daniel in the previous episode. I also thought it made me think about Cam's talk with Landry earlier in the season about him not really being in command of the team, since both he and Sam being the same rank and none of the others are in the Air Force. Yet both here and in the previous episode when Daniel's slowly being worn away by the Ancient device rewriting his brain, he's more like the sole leader of the team, having to face losing someone from it. As he said in the last episode, that's part of being in the team, having to watch your friends suffer and being powerless to do anything about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
              This was definitely the high-point of the episode. It was really great drama and acting, really hitting home the point of the series. Not to mention the turning-point for Tomin. The scene beforehand where the Prior twists a passage from the Book Of Origin that Tomin himself had read to Vala was another great moment.

Another really powerful point of the episode was Sam's injury. I could be wrong but I'm sure she's never been injured like that before in the whole ten years, certainly not to the point of her speech being strained because she's in so much pain. There was a lot of great acting from both Amanda Tapping and Ben Browder in their scenes together, especially when Cam's talking about putting the team back together the year before and now he's slowly losing them one by one, having lost Daniel in the previous episode. I also thought it made me think about Cam's talk with Landry earlier in the season about him not really being in command of the team, since both he and Sam being the same rank and none of the others are in the Air Force. Yet both here and in the previous episode when Daniel's slowly being worn away by the Ancient device rewriting his brain, he's more like the sole leader of the team, having to face losing someone from it. As he said in the last episode, that's part of being in the team, having to watch your friends suffer and being powerless to do anything about it.
              Yes...talk about a tear-fest...Cam really grew on me this season, I liked him more and more, this is one of the episodes that made me LOVE Cam Mitchell.

Comment

I could be wrong but I'm sure she's never been injured like that before in the whole ten years, certainly not to the point of her speech being strained because she's in so much pain.
                Solitudes comes close.. what with her and jack being flung out the gate into that crevace.

There was a lot of great acting from both Amanda Tapping and Ben Browder in their scenes together, especially when Cam's talking about putting the team back together the year before and now he's slowly losing them one by one, having lost Daniel in the previous episode. I also thought it made me think about Cam's talk with Landry earlier in the season about him not really being in command of the team, since both he and Sam being the same rank and none of the others are in the Air Force..
                yes it was some great acting, and team-centric stuff. Though i would loved to have seen some more 'missing daniel' stuff.

Comment

Another really powerful point of the episode was Sam's injury. I could be wrong but I'm sure she's never been injured like that before in the whole ten years, certainly not to the point of her speech being strained because she's in so much pain.
                  certainly not that i recall. ordinarilly when carter gets injured she's knocked unconscious immediately.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

HI

LINE IN THE SAND is one of my favorite sam eps Amanda play's her sceans so well watching it i could feel sam's pain and could imagine how scared she was it's a great eps and Amanda is awsome in it
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Hey,

This is most definetly one of my favorite Sam episodes too.I realy like her.She did a wonderfull job on this one!!

Comment

I agree with all of you. A great Sam-episode.
                        Now about that worse-injury... Read:
                        # Injuries:

* Carter: electrical burn to hand, overtaken by alien entity, consciousness removed to a computer, shot with a zat gun twice, no brain activity
                        "Entity"
                        Sounds worse to me. Actually both are.

After seeing this ep, it didn't hit me that SG-1 was going down. There were many more than good eps in season 10.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's cool that you looked that up, but I still don't think any of them compares in terms of actual physical injury and being in constant serious physical pain.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think Sam has been through a ton of worse stuff, but that's just my opinion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sam's been through plenty, but I think it might have all been catching up to her, is all. Her lines about how she spent her whole life devoted to science, then the ten years convincing people; she'd been doing her job for a long time at that point and I think it was catching up to her, plus, they were surrounded by soldiers and had no viable way of doing much at all, instead of her being at the SGC or anything.

Overall, excellent episode. Just watched it (and a few others) for the first time last night. Had them all on record from the SG-1 marathon on Wednesday. I've already seen AoT, but never saw this, so I didn't have a full enough perspective on Tomin up until now. Really good character -- as much as I predicted, and moreso. When he punched Vala, my eyes widened. Three-dimensional, well-rounded; all those lines describe him. I hope we see more of him in the future, though he did get a fairly strong finish.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

This episode is one of my favorites... even though it has no Daniel (my absolute favorite character!)!

I love Sam's lines about science and hoping there is a real God out there somewhere. And I might be something of a "Sam whumper" because even though I don't like to see her get hurt, it happens so rarely that it's always a pleasure to see how deep and insightful it makes her.
                                Cam's lines seemed a little corny, but I guess we always act corny around dying people... even in real life...
                                sigpic

If you have Twitter, end all your Tweets with #SGU! Here's why!

~*~*~Shal kek nem ron~*~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X