X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck is a Mackaroon anyway??

Comment

Macaroon

I only know coconut macaroons or Makronen as they are called here (which I guess were the ones he made) and they taste fabulous.
      And I bet Mitchell can cook, especially with the scene in "The Fourth Horseman II" in mind where he shares some recipes. It just seems so that Carter doesn't like macaroons.
      That's all folks.

Comment

I really liked this episode, thought it was really good, and AT was great

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Another really good episode that was predictable, but that didn't particularly matter. I loved all the scenes between Sam and Cam, there was some really nice stuff in there, with some great acting by both AT(especially) and BB- great "team" SG-1 stuff. I notice that they're really trying to reiterate the meaning of what it is to be a "team" in the last two episodes, which is really nice. Though "fishing" as Sam's password? Oh please.

And Vala! She had some very nice scenes as well, I liked the stuff on the Ori ship, though felt the "adjusting" of the book of origin was a bit.....it felt too easy. I would have liked a little more ambiguity on the part of the Prior- make him a little more honest in what he believes- don't take the easy route and make him totally evil villain through and through! And for once I didn't hate/feel indifferent to the villiage leader of the week! She was a decent actress who made her character likeable.

All in all, despite some minor issues, it was a good ep. And I liked the return of the phase shifting device. Glad they didn't forget about that.

As for the preview for next week.....oh man.
          Spoiler:
          This stuff with Mckay looks priceless.

Comment

I too loved vala on the ship being 'tutored by tomin..

Comment

Good episode!! the best part was when the Prior tired to bring them back with his staff he couldnt.. HAHAHAAHA sucker! Shows you whos more powerful! And Tomins speech to the prior about twisting the story was really really good. Did you notice Sam said D'oh at one point?? And her "fishing" password, classic!
              Next weeks looks good too with Hammond and Mckay lol.
              Im waiting for the Shroud I wanna see my Daniel again!!
              only 8 more episodes to go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Though "fishing" as Sam's password? Oh please.
                Yeah, it was probably written as F!5h1|\|g though

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode when I first saw it. And I still really enjoyed it tonight.

The best part for me overall was Tomin coming to the realization that the Ori and the path he has chosen may not be right after all.

Sam and Cam were great in this one too IMO. Wonderful performances.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It must be me, but I never remember SG-1 being this openly violent. I mean, there was stuff with the Jaffa, but nothing like this.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                      It must be me, but I never remember SG-1 being this openly violent. I mean, there was stuff with the Jaffa, but nothing like this.
                      I don't know. I seem to remember a fair share of violence over the past seasons too. Yes, this episode had quite a bit, but nothing too over-the-top IMO.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loved the episode... I was watching something else while it was recording though, and I had to stop in the middle, pausing what i was watching, and had seen Carter laying there saying "Mitchell, either way, I'm not going to make it." I was freaking out.
                        I also loved the conversation of macaroons. That was rather amusing. I can never frown during Mitchell's stories, they always make me smile.
                        Loved seeing Tomin again. He was a good character, glad he was in that episode. I just hope he didn't die, and can actually be a more recurring character. Maybe with Daniel?

Comment

does anyone who tapes the episodes know how long the teaser for Line in the sand was?

Comment

I very much enjoyed this episode. I liked the Sam/Cam interaction and I thought Amanda did a wonderful job (as usual). Even wounded and doped up on morphine, Sam comes up with how to save the day.

I REALLY liked how they brought Tomin back! The Vala/Tomin scenes were just terrific. I kept remembering Vala telling SG-1 the story of how she met Tomin (in Crusade) and him becoming a soldier for the Ori. It was clear to me then that she felt something for him. I love how she keeps trying to convince Tomin that what he is doing is wrong, even while he is reading aloud from the Book of Origin. When she says (forgive the paraphrasing), "Where does it say that you have to massacre everyone that doesn't believe in Origin? Where does it say that, Tomin? Where does it say that? The Ori are not gods!" and then he strikes her. {gasp!} And I just felt so much for Tomin once he realized that the people that he blindly trusted were doing terrible things. I loved how he confronted the Prior near the end and we see that Tomin has not given up his belief in Origin - just his blind following of the Prior who has twisted the Book of Origin's stories to suit his purposes.

And one small thing - when Reynolds watches the village disappear (go out of phase) he smiles and says, "We have the craziest job in the world." I LOVE THAT!!! I mean...it really is a crazy job. I like the acknowledgment.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

so, watched 'line in the sand'...

WOO HOO!!!

amanda was great!!

(must find something more to talk about)

k, the ep was good. nice vala-tomin scenes (the actor that plays tomin is very good), and absolutely lovely scenes between sam and mitchell.

as a shipper, i squeed for the fishing password!

i really didn't miss daniel, but he's never been the biggest draw for me. this storyline (for me) becomes more interesting when they don't give so much of the focus/purpose to just daniel. if he would have been in this ep, he would have been paired up with vala and prob did most of the talking to tomin.

i liked the leader woman a lot. nice scene when she talked down cliche' stupid villager out of cold bloodingly killing teal'c. (what's with villagers being all nice and innocent until they turn like a page into cold blooded killers? hmm...)

nice scene at the end where mitchell visits sam in the infirmary. (and is it just me, but man, does ben have gorgeous eyes... ) but anyways, the scene, the whole ep, gave a nice foundation for a good sam-mitchell friendship. likey.

nice ep. great performance by amanda!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. I still seem to be having the same trouble as last week. I enjoyed the episode, but not that much.

The Good:

The Vala/Tobin scenes: They were wonderful, powerful, and well-done. I liked the psychology involved, and Tobin has always been an underrated but interesting character. I look forward to his possible return (assuming he lives).

The Villiage Leader: It was nice to see a villiage leader lead well, and I appreciated that not all villiages immediately cave to the Ori or die. Some try to fight and even seek allies for help.

The Password: Fishing. Says it all, for Sam/Jack shippers.

The Bad:

Time Line Unclear: So how long has Daniel missing? The episode starts with the team practically dancing a jig, and no one seems down about his absence. Then, we have this devise that isn't what he made. Where did that go?

Sam/Mitchell: I was impressed when one of the team was critically wounded. Mostly, our guys don't even get ruffled hair, but Mitchell sat around too much. I realize that science isn't his forte, but as semi-leader, he needs to develop more agency.

Teal'c: I'm tired of Teal'c as torture victim. The show seems to have fallen into an odd pattern that the trailer for next week shows isn't stopping. The characters always have the same set of bad things happen:

Daniel: Will be taken over by alien entities, die, ascend, and disappear
                                Sam: Get wounded critically--scaring everyone or be dupicated through an alternate universe or replicator with a crush
                                Teal'c: The universe's torture victim. He's a nice guy, but everyone in the universe feels inclined to pull his hair, stab him with stuff, and generally ruin his day.
                                Mitchell (Jack used to do this): Saves the day, can't handle anything scientific even if it says "This end up," and performs numerous actions like baking cookies to endear the character.

Just once, I want Teal'c figuring out the scientic explanation for deprogramming the ancient Jaffa device that has taken over Carter, who in her delusions has shot Mitchell, leaving Daniel with nothing to do but look cute and bake.

A 7.5/10. The writers can do better.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X