No announcement yet.

Bounty (1015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, what drugs is Damian Kindler taking these days? I want some of those.

Can't say it was a bad episode, cos it was fairly entertaining, but it jsut feels so random. Just about nothing made sense, in oh so many ways!
    LEt us see, nit picking begins - the technology is all scrweed up, there's a limit as to how many "cool new alien technology" I'm willing to accept in one episode, also the Foothold/ Smoke and Mirrors hologrammes can't hold that long! And sicnwe when do the Lucian Alliance have those?! An assorted number of energy/ beam weapons we've never ever seen before nad are unlikely to see again... not to mention beaming up, hologrammes and rings right in the middle of a high school reunion. Sorry, don't see people signing up that consent form.
    Extemely bad part - the bounty hunter after Daniel and her demise. I mean.... er. Honestly.

Good stuff- liked the bits with Sam and Dr Lee. Good thing to see the SGC is trying to enter new technologies into the public, even if they set it all behind several years. And bwaha, ray guns with tiny naquada reactors. Let's see them trying to explain naquada to the general public.
    More good stuff - nice note, despite it beign only a note - about the Jaffa trying to re-build their civilisation/ nation after the Counterstrike attack.
    Silly stuff - Daniel getting to speak tech babble. Well, his sotr of tech babble.

It was nice to see Mitchell's dad again... and the bits iwth his parents and Vala were to die for. Vala was pretty entertaining throughoutt he episode - kind of a shame tho we dind't get to see more Mitchell in a different light. I dind't feel Bounty gave anything new to Mitchell's character, it felt much mroe like Cameron Mitchell tryign to manoeuvre round Vala rather than somethign substantive. Still, t'was nice.

Biggest nitpick of the week - okay, so they have 7 Orii ships in the galaxy and SG1 is sent to blow up Lucian Alliance's drug traffic? I mean, WTF. I have to admit I think this episode would have worked best either befofre Quest or in between Quest and Shroud. As it is, it makes no sense whatsoever, and just serves to further show the compelte and utter anti climax from the end of the Shroud.

All in all, could have been worse. And I'm still interested in knowing what DK's drugs are...
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      you can't Post youtube links to copyrighted materials on gw http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37357
      I can't post a 24 second snippet to make a point, but others can post 5 minute fan vids with copyrighted music?

I think my clip illustrates the object in question and therefore qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. (Yes, I snagged that sentence from wikipedia. )
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
        I am watching it again, and there is this scene when Mitchell and Amy Vandenberg first meet, and when Mitchell has this cute chair accident.

But now I'm starting to think it was completely coincidental, or at least the other actors didn't know Ben Browder was playing for that. The scene is IMO almost falling apart when Anna Marie DeLuise seems so surprised that she can't get her introduction line across.

What do you think?

24 seconds of that on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhDBx_yU_w
        Ben does have a rep for riffing on the script a bit, so it's possible. For example, David Hewlett aparently mentioned at a recent con that in 'The Pegasus Project' Ben improv'ed the scene where Mitchell threatens McKay with a lemon and DH managed to keep the scene going and not crack up.
        Last edited by Jades; 07 February 2007, 05:01 AM.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
          I can't post a 24 second snippet to make a point, but others can post 5 minute fan vids with copyrighted music?

I think my clip illustrates the object in question and therefore qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. (Yes, I snagged that sentence from wikipedia. )
          just pointing out the rules the mods might come in and look at this anyway.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            just pointing out the rules the mods might come in and look at this anyway.
            Which is their right (and job), and if they think I crossed the lines, then so be it and I'll take it down. But I have never seen a mod step in when someone made an animated gif of a scene, or when someone posted 300 high-res screen shots, so I think this shouldn't be a problem.
            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

A cool episode with a lot of nice bits to it.

Good points:
              -ALIENS! if they did not show at least one Alien bounty hunter i would have gone mad however they showed Two! YEAH!
              -Gd to see some of Waricks alien race are still alive and out their aftyer their homeworld was apparently destroyed by the Ori
              -More of the tenticale faced aliens are always gd. and his transformation tech was cool.
              -Bill Lee Getting the labies lol.
              -"sex sex sex sex sex all over the house" lol
              -Cam falling off the chair lol
              - The dead guy with glasses lol
              -Space train was a cool new ship.

Bad points:
              -Door closing technology. A bit corney. Mayb goa'uld sheilds would have been better.
              - Lack of NEW aliens. They could have made at least one!

8/10
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

great episode!!Vala looked absolutly amazing...last night I had a dream which included me, Vala and Adria))
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

screencaps:
                  Spoiler:

Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                    I like the part where the woman trying to kill Daniel cross the road and got ran over by the bus. LOL.
                    Thats what happened?! I looked away at the wrong moment and missed it. I was so confused.

Comment

one comment that'll end the off topic chit-chat

I'm not massively upset over a 24 second snippit. It's really no different from posting screen caps. I do think that it's possibly not the wisest thing to do, especially since Viacom has started to hunt down copyrighted stuff on youtube, so it's a matter of time before the other studios do as well.

The short snippit is ok, but don't go posting a series of short snippits that happens to add up to 43 minutes

now, back to the topic of discussng the episode please
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

more:
                        Spoiler:

Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          one comment that'll end the off topic chit-chat

I'm not massively upset over a 24 second snippit. It's really no different from posting screen caps. I do think that it's possibly not the wisest thing to do, especially since Viacom has started to hunt down copyrighted stuff on youtube, so it's a matter of time before the other studios do as well.

The short snippit is ok, but don't go posting a series of short snippits that happens to add up to 43 minutes

now, back to the topic of discussng the episode please
                          so should I delete my posts with screencaps?
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I didn't like this ep much. Apart from Vala's comment to Cam's folks about when they first met, LOL!
                            Daniel looked seriously hot and got to speak some of that delicious technolinguababble. Sam rocked as usual.
                            Didn't like Cam's Olivia NJ-lookielikie GF (and I don't care if she's a DeLuise), Teal'c just looked weird. Stupid cobbled-together plot and iffy alien tech.
                            Meh!
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

D'oh! Those meddling kids!

Daniel had the best line in the whole episode. Well delivered too.

<sigh> They must play up as much skin as they can when they can, mustn't they? It was distracting (and not *that* way! As in irritating!) from the story. Such as it was. I wonder if they'd have had to pay to play real music. I know I'd be irritated if they played instrumental music at my reunion.

Good moments. Terrible moments. Lame Lucien ending.

How did Teal'c get wounded? Certainly not by a staff blast! That was an awfully deep cut to not have even torn the material.

There have been entirely too many unrelated instances of "uncommon" occurances to use plausible deniability as an excuse. Though it was a small school. Meh.

I actually liked Vala with the parents.

Mitchell continues to be the weak link for me.

ETA: Sam;s smirk/shock when Dr. Lee went over to those women was priceless.

suse
                              Last edited by suse; 07 February 2007, 06:54 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Good enough episode, some good scenes with the Bounty Hunters and Vala meeting Cams parents saying that when they met they had Sex all the time and then developed a spiritual connection.

Daniels Bounty Hunter trying to seduce him and him looking confused.

7/10 better than expected.

Bring on Bad Guys
                                STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X