No announcement yet.

Bounty (1015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was expecting the episode to be boring as it was a LA episode and worst still.. an earth based one, but i really liked it. Made me laugh out loud more than once.
    ts typical of a late series episode in Sci fi, all the characters are very comfortable with each other and get to show how superior they are to the rest of the universe, was much the same in ST:TNG. It was a kind of 'dont bother, really, were too good' kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by thedon View Post
      I liked it but I saw some of it coming - for Instance Sam being a hologram when that bounty hunter was trying to take a shot and how she used Lee's laser.. for the most part it was great but they could have left out the idiotic head shake and also all the doors being sealed by a button on his arm thing.. but dang Claudia Black looked hawt!!! nice to see Ben getting more to do..

LOL! Oh yeah. Shades of "Carrie" there. They just needed some pigs blood.

That head shake, I didn't get it. Was it just supposed to be funny? It wasn't. That one wasn't a hologram right? My reception was not good.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I think this would have been a good episode to re-introduce Aris Bock. But oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by tamien View Post
          Is it just me, or was Vala's dress suspiciously similar to Sam's one in The Road Not Taken?

Very similar cut. Even the back was similar. Just much shorter.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I thought this was a very good episode, we got more on Cam's back story and I thought it was cool how each of the team had their own little story involving different bounty hunters.

Plus, we got to see some great technological advancements, Mini Naquadah generators, superb hographic technoology, and our own plasma based energy weapons! Finally!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              Very similar cut. Even the back was similar. Just much shorter.
              And theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                Thats what happened?! I looked away at the wrong moment and missed it. I was so confused.
                I found the woman getting hit by a bus pathetic personally.

And the way that bounty hunter killed that nerdy guy by touching his shoulder or whatever was just so horribly cringe-worthy. Like something out of galaxy quest.

Awful, just like the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  can anyone share the sam bits of this episode with me?

sally
                  Sam was at a conference with Bill Lee to demonstrate new tech etc Bill told Sam it was a good singles opportunity but she wasn't too impressed at his flirting with a couple of young women. She went on stage after a long intro, can't remember all that, sorry, demonstrating holographic imaging thing wearing a nice blue suit, the bounty hunter shot at her. She turned out to be a holograph and then shot a laser canon that Lee had been demonstating at the bounty hunter, killing him. She had been behind the stage. Later she beams into the school with Daniel and Teal'c to rescue mitchell and Vala. One more brief scene on a spaceship and that's about it. It was mostly Mitchell and Vala in this one but the others did all have a few brief but nice scenes.

Hope that helps.
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Who is the sexy bounty hunter who get killed by a bus chasing Daniel ????

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      And theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.
                      Never said there was. T'was the gratuitous flashing of the gams nearly up to her bum in the auditorium scene that I consider excessive. ::cue CB's legs! Front and center!:: The Daisy Duke outfit was overkill also. I'm not interested and it was *still* distracting ---> from the story.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Oh! Oh!
                        Teal'c had a staff weapon! Teal'c had his staff weapon!
                        I miss the staff weapon.Teal'c's much cooler with than than with the P90.

And I stand my original ground. Bounty hunter beign killed off by being run over by a bus.... must be the worst way of getting rid of a badguy. Ever. I mean, seriously. That was stupid beyond.... Sunday
                        Spoiler:
                        exploding tumours.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          Never said there was. T'was the gratuitous flashing of the gams nearly up to her bum in the auditorium scene that I consider excessive. ::cue CB's legs! Front and center!:: The Daisy Duke outfit was overkill also. I'm not interested and it was *still* distracting ---> from the story.

suse
                          While I agree it was overexcessive, I think it didn't distract from the story because, well, let's admit it, the story was a distraction in itself.
                          See, here's a rant worthy fo the Anti season 10 thread.
                          Stargate's always been special in that that when they made character-centric episodes, they still had a damn good cover story for them, liek The Changeling, Forever in a Day, loads of others that my sleep-deprived mind can't bring up at the moment... It's special because the majority of shows I've seen, when they're doing a compeltely and utterly character-driven story, they usually end up payign off ni a stupid plot. One of the reasons I feelt hat even tho SGA trmenedously iproved this year it's still not reaching SG1's level is because it shows a similar pattern, re Echoes, Sunday...
                          This is the second time this season by Damian Kindler alone that in order to write a character story they're paying in plot. Why!
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I liked it, it was quite nice and a lot of technology goodies. I mean mini shield generator for Ventrell being used, the Za'tarc finger beam pistol, the Al'kesh super train transport, a freaky holographic duplication device and various energy weapon pistols.

And I wondered if those were Serrakin or not. Looks like that quite a few have gone into the criminal world. You know what would have been nice? A reference perhaps to Aris Boch the bounty hunter we saw so far back. But it was nice. Vala and Cam were great.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

What Is The Actresses Name That Was After Daniel As A Bounty Hunter And Got Killed By The Bus?

Comment

Didn't she play on 24 as Michelle Dessler?

Comment

Working...
                                X