No announcement yet.

Bounty (1015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one got the screen caps of the earth technology, like the plasma weapon and the holographic generator

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      While I agree it was overexcessive, I think it didn't distract from the story because, well, let's admit it, the story was a distraction in itself.
      See, here's a rant worthy fo the Anti season 10 thread.
      Stargate's always been special in that that when they made character-centric episodes, they still had a damn good cover story for them, liek The Changeling, Forever in a Day, loads of others that my sleep-deprived mind can't bring up at the moment... It's special because the majority of shows I've seen, when they're doing a compeltely and utterly character-driven story, they usually end up payign off ni a stupid plot. One of the reasons I feelt hat even tho SGA trmenedously iproved this year it's still not reaching SG1's level is because it shows a similar pattern, re Echoes, Sunday...
      This is the second time this season by Damian Kindler alone that in order to write a character story they're paying in plot. Why!
      Overworked. And not because they were in the planning stages of Santuary.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I think I saw something, but I am not so sure. I could have sworn the comedien Carrot Top was in the scene where Sam gets shot at during the conference. After she shoots the guy with the "energy rifle", the audience stands up and claps, and there is one guy with big red puffy hair,...sure looks like Carrot Top. Look at the audience front row, right side of screen. Am I just seeing things? If it is him, what the heck is he doing in SG-1???
        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          Overworked. And not because they were in the planning stages of Santuary.

suse
          Overworked? He's no longer on the regular writing staff, he's no longer a producer, he's written 4 episodes this year which is much less than he did in season 6 where they all made sense....What's he doing these days then?

And, you know, as much as I've been defending RCC and BW over seasons 9-10.... this is in fact a bigger screw up of theirs than it is of DK's. If there's a tiem where the show runner should interfere and say "sorry, this doesn't feel like Stargate, this doesn't work within the established Stargate universe, premise is okay but this needs a major re-write" it's in Bounty's case.

Again, it's not that I think this was a particularily bad show. I'd go for Bounty than for the likes of Nightwalkers or, hell why go all the way to M&M when I have Icon and Grace in DK's resume? But as crappy as these episodes were, they felt like Stargate. I don't know what I was watching, it definitely had the Stargate characters.... but it completely adn utterly lacked the Stargate feel. And this isn't abotu comedy. The Stargate "feel" defintiely envelopes comedy and light heartedness within it.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Okay, don't get me wrong, I liked this episode, but seriously, this had better be the last we see of the Lucian Alliance. I've never seen the point to doing stories about them, beyond giving Vala a backstory, which they've done by now. Hopefully the death of Netan will put a stop to this threadline. It was good to see Cam's parents and learn more about his backstory. In fact, we've learned more about him in this episode than we have Carter or Daniel to a certain extent.

Still, I thought the holographic explanation was a bit thin, since the rough caved in when the rings went through it. Also, isn't Dr. Lee married? I recall him saying he had kids, but not that he was married...

Overall, **1/2 stars for the backstory on Cameron and giving the world Claudia Black in hot pants (THANK YOU! haha)
            Spoiler:
            Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I liked this episode. It was relaxing and I didn't have to think too much to follow the plot.

I loved the bit when Daniel talked about himself. I've only seen it once so I will have to paraphrase, but he seemed to say "I've never been an impulsive person so...." at that point he turned down the bounty hunter's suggestive offer.
              Well, he may not think of himself as impulsive but I certainly do. He was so cute when he said it though. Seriously, he's not safe to be let out on his own!
              Last edited by spaceangel; 07 February 2007, 09:05 AM. Reason: poor spelling...apologies

Comment

Originally posted by Datum666 View Post
                What Is The Actresses Name That Was After Daniel As A Bounty Hunter And Got Killed By The Bus?
                imdb.com says it was Jody Thompson. Can't say I've ever seen here.

Originally posted by nothing croovus View Post
                Didn't she play on 24 as Michelle Dessler?
                imdb.com says no. But never rely on imdb.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Any one got the screen caps of the earth technology, like the plasma weapon and the holographic generator
                Spoiler:
                There wasn't any real equipment for the Chimera Optics Projection System. But Dr. Lee's weapon was featured.

No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

There were Serrakin bounty hunters too! Great.

The episode was an intresting mix of "The Ties That Bind" and "Sunday". They should make more episodes to show the Stargate universe (races, technolgies). If they can make Stargate : Worlds to have some feeling, it will be a nice game.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

funny ep
                    thought this would suck based on spoilers, but it was great
                    both mitchells parents are still alive, that's a first time

and that bounty hunter played one of the sunshine boys on bsg
                    and I kept on wondering who that bounty hunter woman was who was run over
                    by a bus, I thought she was on 24 or so, but turns out she's someone who looks like michelle dessler

Netan is dead, he was never really developped into an interesting character anyway

some hilarious stuff with the party and the bounty hunters, like that assurances dork,
                    and that guy with his spray that got killed seconds after. And ventrell asking the guy for his suit

season 10.5 is great so far, what can't be said about sga 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      That's Peter DeLuise's wife Anne Marie and you would have seen her in "The Other Side" back in Season 4 and I've seen her in quite a few other sci-fi shows too.
                      Nice info thanks.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        A cool episode with a lot of nice bits to it.

Good points:
                        -ALIENS! if they did not show at least one Alien bounty hunter i would have gone mad however they showed Two! YEAH!
                        -Gd to see some of Waricks alien race are still alive and out their aftyer their homeworld was apparently destroyed by the Ori
                        -More of the tenticale faced aliens are always gd. and his transformation tech was cool.
                        -Bill Lee Getting the labies lol.
                        -"sex sex sex sex sex all over the house" lol
                        -Cam falling off the chair lol
                        - The dead guy with glasses lol
                        -Space train was a cool new ship.

Bad points:
                        -Door closing technology. A bit corney. Mayb goa'uld sheilds would have been better.
                        - Lack of NEW aliens. They could have made at least one!

8/10
                        Not really. All you need is a strong magnetic technology and you could do it. Also were two of those bounty hunters Serakin?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          There were Serrakin bounty hunters too! Great.

The episode was an intresting mix of "The Ties That Bind" and "Sunday". They should make more episodes to show the Stargate universe (races, technolgies). If they can make Stargate : Worlds to have some feeling, it will be a nice game.
                          Thought so. I hope so I'll be getting that. Was really looking forward to Stargate Alliance, so I hope it will be good. Agree it was a nice ep.

Comment

Thanks the weapon looks cool, I hope see them in the field soon.

Comment

Better then expected, but not great. This episode was more about comedy then advancing any storyline. Still liked the part with the bounty hunter getting hit by the bus

Comment

Well I was really not expected to like this ep but was suprised, it wasn't bad, and I haven't laughed at an ep so much in a very long time. Certainly won't go down as a classic, but I took it for what is was, light hearted and a bit of a diversion.

I was a little disappointed they didn't mention what happened in the shroud, althought I think some time has past here.

Vala meeting Cam's parents was funny, but I really have to question the wardrobe choices for Vala, come on she's not a teenager, those denim shorts and the midriff-less shirt thing was too much.

Otherwise nice to see Cam and Vala interacting, and I'm happy to see an episode that was Daniel/Vala free Loved Daniel in the museum, felt much more like earlier Daniel, and of course he's completely taken aback when this girl propositions him

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Working...
                                X