No announcement yet.

Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well atleast we know the crusader armor isnt like kull armor. our jaffa with hundreds of years experiance and hundred of generations of being artificially selected (opposed to natural selection) should give us an advantage to the ori crusaders. and we got some of their tech, little stunner
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
      The last scene in the ep was basically saying we're going back to our roots for this season. It looks to be good. Maybe like DS9 during the Domimon war good.

whoa now that's something to live up to.

best SG ep ever. it beat camelot easily. great space battles ownage cg. looks to be ownage for s10 cept maybe ep2 (judging from preview). anyway ownage ep.

i should've known that ori fighters would look nothing like jumpers. tho their core tech is similar to ancient tech (canon since adria named them that way) like doors for one.

anyone else really enjoy the brief goauld glider/alkesh vs ori fighters scene? man these sg1 eps will not leave my dvr
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
        best SG ep ever. it beat camelot easily. great space battles ownage cg. looks to be ownage for s10 cept maybe ep2 (judging from preview). anyway ownage ep.
        Excuse me, but what the heck do you mean by "ownage"? Is that even a word?
        sigpic

Comment

ownage - noun. The state of being so much cooler/just plain better than everyone and everything else that you pretty much own them.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Hope springs eternal? F&B demonstrates the writers are taking the first steps towards putting SG-1 back on track! It definately had something for everyone to be excited about. I am happy to see what was missing in S9 - the development of team dynamics, was starting to gel. The bonus was Mitchell's character showing some endearing leadership quality.

On to ep2.
            A Symbiote

Comment

*chuckle* okay, interesting definition. Highly doubtful, but I'll accept it.
              sigpic

Comment

yes that

Comment

Ok, I really enjoyed this. Second half episodes are always burdened with a lot of housekeeping duties but this one managed to accomplish tying up all the loose ends and positioning them for the challenge ahead in a well paced fun way.

I loved the harder edged take on Mitchell here. The flashbacks showing how everyone got to where they ended up were cool. IMO, the Sam rescue was the highlight of the episode. Really, really great! And in the end we have our team faced with a very big and not easily solved problem on their hands. Should be fun watching them figure out together how to get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Famous
                    Adria was awesome, very creepy,
                    snip I'm really looking forward to Counterstrike so I can see Morena Baccarin as Adria....now that will be cool.
                    Bravo to Casting for the contiutity in the girls playing Adria as far as likeness and those piercing hazel/light brown eyes.
                    A Symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little
                      Ok, I really enjoyed this. Second half episodes are always burdened with a lot of housekeeping duties but this one managed to accomplish tying up all the loose ends and positioning them for the challenge ahead in a well paced fun way.
                      Indeed. They successfully tied up all the loose ends from the S9 closer and actually introduced us to a lot of new information and the new characters that will play a role in the coming season. I really liked the way they showed (rather than just tell) us how the Ori fighters launch a coordinated space and ground attack on a planet (looking forward to seeing more of that), got glimpses of the interior of the Ori ships, saw how ideologically formidable Adria is going to be, and I was seriously freaked out by that one-eyed Prior protecting Adria. The Ori are a much more serious foe than the Gouald were, and it's going to be so cool to see how SG-1 finds a way to combat them.

Comment

Adria's contacts certainly helped in the creepiness factor. AND the fact that she was only hours old when she was espousing Ori stuff. One wonders how much attachment she felt for Vala as her mother and how much stronger was her attachment to the Ori. In the end, I believe that she would have eventually destroyed Vala as a non-believer, when she came into full posession of her power. Perhaps in another day or two when she got full grown.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                          Adria's contacts certainly helped in the creepiness factor. AND the fact that she was only hours old when she was espousing Ori stuff. One wonders how much attachment she felt for Vala as her mother and how much stronger was her attachment to the Ori. In the end, I believe that she would have eventually destroyed Vala as a non-believer, when she came into full posession of her power. Perhaps in another day or two when she got full grown.

Yeah I wouldn't want to be around her when she became a teenager.
                          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I thought it was a very good episode. It moved fast and had lots of space scenes. The episode had a lush feel and great special effects. They took care and spent some money on this one.I was surprised that I actually enjoyed the Vala character.

I wonder where I can buy those Ori linens?
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

and the fact that they said that 6 beamed off the korolev before it blew. checkov is one maybe?

Comment

WOW! An awesome start to the new season!! Well
                                worth the wait!!

First of all, THE PRODUCERS OF THIS SERIES DECEIVED US!
                                They said that we wouldn't get to see the interior of an Ori
                                ship until "Counter-Strike." Boy, were they wrong! I like the
                                Ori ship's interior, it has a dark, gothic feel to it.

Adria was indeed a creepy character, her ability to talk so
                                intelligently at a young age was just...disturbing, if you will.

The flashbacks of the Camelot battle really shocked me.
                                There is one unanswered question that I should ask:
                                Was Chekov one of the six people that was beamed aboard the
                                Odyssey? Hmm...an empty part of the plot. Guess he's
                                gone... (sigh)

One part that made me dance was the fact that, THE ORI HAVE
                                FIGHTERS AND WE GET TO SEE THEM IN THE FIRST EPISODE OF
                                THE NEW SEASON instead of A LINE IN THE SAND. YAY!!
                                The problem was that in this episode we don't get a good close-up
                                view of the fighters, but they appear to be oval shaped.

I can't believe that the Ori shields could even withstand a ship
                                collision...with a nuke! How will SG-1 survive this season?
                                My full review will be posted at the Fan Review. Post yours
                                today!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X