Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
    Ho hum. Even boring.

The Ori ships look even more like contour toilet seats than I remember.

Too many Mitchell closeups.

Even the action sequences left me with the impression that the production's attitude was "Chop, chop, boys and girls! Hurry up! Must get through all the little sequences in this pot boiler!"

The whole episode seemed to be a choppy series of rather disjointed, generally predictable and strangely wooden vignettes, not a smoothly plotted, balanced, well-crafted and well-rounded story. Dramatic tension was poorly employed and was actually built just as high for starships as for people. The resolution of the characters' situations from the cliffhanger end of last season were executed with a sort of detached expendience, and merited no further mention once they had been achieved.

The result reminded me of nothing so much as an episode of some dreary, humdrum and predictable military soap opera, except that even soap operas generally manage to convey more fervor for their storyline(s) and more enthusiams for their craft.

A poor episode.
    I agree. Boring enough that I can't muster up the interest to say anything more than you've already said. Except: what the heck is with Teal'c's hair?

Comment

It was alright. It was better than I thought, but it could have been better. Adria is interesting, though I still don't care for the Ori. The beaming people out all the time is getting old, so I like how they rescued Sam. Um...I want more team togetherness. Oh and Bra'tac! (((Bra'tac))) Glad to see him. Next week looks pretty good; I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

i agree the way they got sam back was something ive wanted to see for a while.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Well. I won't bother with another big long running commentary (cause I already did one and I'm sleepy ) But I will say that I have winkled out a depressing pattern with this big, bad, new enemy, the Orii.

They're a Goa'uld knock-off! Pure and simple! They wish to convert by the millions. The Goa'uld wanted the same thing and Rosemary's Baby is obviously the Anti-Harseisis. How can the new season be cooler when the bad guy is just a weaker, less character-driven spin-off of the Goa'uld?? It's like Stargate: SG1 has become Starscape, and they're stealing Stargate SG1 characters and bad guys, and winding it all into one big crappy storyline! I mean...who's falling for this?? They've given you the same old Boston Cheesecake and are calling it Coconut Cream Pie! (does that make sense?)

Carter seems impotent of her previous coolness and collectedness, and has no connection with Mitchell that I can see, Teal'c...I don't know whats up with him, Daniel...*flails hopelessly* What the bloody heck is everyone ON? Did we all take a stupid pill when I wasn't looking??

OK, rant over. You gotta admit, the writers could have simply kept the Goa'uld storyline and beefed it up a little, if the Orii are the best they could come up with.

And seriously - who's sick of space? This isn't Andromeda! (by the way, where was the elusive new Doctor? Didn't see her at all tonight. Is anyone even paying attention anymore? Yeesh)
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble
            I agree. Boring enough that I can't muster up the interest to say anything more than you've already said. Except: what the heck is with Teal'c's hair?
            He joined the Hair Club for ex-Jaffa!
            sigpic

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention what I liked is how they went back and told you what happend to the characters, and how they got there, going back to the battle and how they got out of that scenerio.

Comment

I loved it! It was a fantastic season opener.

The final episode of Season 9 did not have a finale feel, and it reminded me of most SG-1 two parters because the second episode usually outshines the first due to exposition needed to set up the plot. In this case, all of Season 9 was the exposition for a fantastic opener to Season 10.

Vala's role was well developed, and her use of humor was fantastic. I enjoyed when she commanded her daughter not to destroy everyone while realizing that she would have no effect. Kids just don't respect their parents these days.

Her daughter is creepier than I expected her to be, and given the way the Ori are cheating, I find the use of the super-aging baby ok. At least she is more personable than Orlin. Maybe it's that whole I will destory you before playing barbies thing.

I agree that I found it interesting that Daniel would suggest killing a child. He has changed considerably, but given the situation and his knowledge of ascension, I think the change of character is warrented. Adria is similar to Anubis's clone in Prototype. Daniel acted as needed in that episode, so the future could be intersting. I loved the sequence as the prior arrives and Daniel pulls Vala to safety. The next meeting between Vala and her husband should prove interesting.

Overall, I thought it was a wonderful episode, and I look forward to the rest of season 10. The team is back and even a bit better.

I just have one other kind of rambly thought, for the folks saying that Season 9 sucked but 10 seems good so far, have you considered that 10 would make no sense without 9? Season 9 wasn't designed to be the best season of SG-1; it was designed to turn the show's direction, and like Season 6 it will be loved and hated; however, it is crucial to the show.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I just want to say how much I love Bra'tac.... =)

The scenes on Chulak were great... especially the brief but very cool battle between the gliders and the Ori fighters.

Great scenes between Daniel and Vala; Lucian Alliance; All around a great episode if only to tie up loose ends from the cliffhanger

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                    "This isn't war! This is Pest Control!"

Talk about one sided! Regardless of what Sam said, this is much, much worse than when they first encountered the Goa'uld. Nothing they have thrown at the Ori have mattered in the slightest. They really need to find something, or the Ori are unstoppable.

"You are superior in only one respect... you are better at dying!"
                    Isn't it weird though because Daniel technically is proof that those ships have a weakness. He should not have been able to ring onto that ship because of the sheilds but aparently they do have something funky going on. Weird that they couldn't replicate the results but then again they might have beamed the weapon into the priors room for all we know or it could have just failed.
                    And seriously - who's sick of space? This isn't Andromeda! (by the way, where is the elusive new Doctor? Didn't see her at all tonight. Is anyone even paying attention anymore? Yeesh)
                    Well it is a show about space and planets in space. There isn't any other way to transport massive armadas besides space ships.
                    They're a Goa'uld knock-off! Pure and simple! They wish to convert by the millions. The Goa'uld wanted the same thing and Rosemary's Baby is obviously the Anti-Harseisis. How can the new season be cooler when the bad guy is just a weaker, less character-driven spin-off of the Goa'uld?? It's like Stargate: SG1 has become Starscape, and they're stealing Stargate SG1 characters and bad guys, and winding it all into one big crappy storyline! I mean...who's falling for this?? They've given you the same old Boston Cheesecake and are calling it Coconut Cream Pie! (does that make sense?)
                    Well. I personally like bad guys that are a little less character driven because it sort of adds to the mystique. Also, the Goa'uld just wanted to use people as slaves and really didn't care how. Baal isn't walking around anymore saying he is a god and earthlings should worship them. He knew it was a charade the whole time. For all we know the Oris can actually be so deluded they actually believe they gods (They certainly have the power). Also, Andria's powers are probably that of everything we have seen of the ancients powers (Oneill using freaky mind device to hotzone virus person) rather than a Haresis.
                    Last edited by technoextreme; 14 July 2006, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                      It was pretty decent.

They did what was important; they found a way for Adria to be introduced, Vala to be rescued, and the next season to be set up. Everyone acted fairly well (even the two versions of Adria we saw), I thought.

I'm a little disappointed in the continuity. They completely forgot about the plan to dial out. Hopefully they'll explain in an episode or two why they couldn't. (I'd have it be something as simple as the new control crystal frying.)
                      Yes they did do what was imprortant but IMO they did a hell of alot more than that. They showed us a entire different side to the ori army as in the smaller space craft, weapons, and what not. Wasn't there 3?

Well sam was out of air and when she came back aboard and the beaming technology was offline. So they couldn't really do anything about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Now the next big question, what is happening on Chulak? Are the free Jaffa being slaughtered or are they becoming followers of Origin?
                        Last edited by Nolamom; 14 July 2006, 08:46 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was a big fan of season 9 and had great hope for season 10. After watchin "Flesh and Blood" I was not disapointed. I thought the story was done very well. They pick up right after the battle from "Camelot". They did very well patching up the plot holes from the end of "Camelot". I was sad to see Ceckov go but it didn't detract from the episode. The added conflict of the Lucian Alliance and the Oddesy was well done. I was skeptical to the Adria storyline, butafter seeing the kid in action I couldn't wait to see more. I liked the conflict at Chulak and th internal conflict between us and Bratac. Daniel did a great job on the ship and the rescue was done well. After Daniel and Vala's escape when the team was finally together was an excellent moment and the lokk on everybodys face especially Cameron was priceless.
                          Story: 10/10
                          The acting was done very well by everybody including the child Adria she really made the character seem very evil. I had no problems at all with the acting everybody seems to work very well together.
                          Acting 10/10
                          I beleve they pulled out a great episode and used every character to their fullest potential. I do think they should have used Bratac and Teal'c a little bit more but all in all good job.
                          Charatcer use:9/10
                          Dialogue was verry good. I really liked the line that was "now the ori will apeal to the male population better" All the dialogue was done verry well.
                          Dialogue: 10/10
                          I've already stated that I thought the story was great so it should come as no surprise that I thought the writing was done verry well and have no complaints.
                          Writing: 10/10
                          I thought this episode was expertly directed and was very smooth from frame to fram and from each different point of view, and when they jumped from one part of the story to the other.
                          Directing: 10/10
                          I couldn't have done a better job with guest casting. Each guest star did his/her job very well and a huge pluss to the young actress that played Adria. Very well done by all parties excellent guest casting.
                          Guest casting: 10/10
                          As always the musical score was excellent and the music fit every scene and situation. The music was seamlesly fit in place very well great job.
                          Music: 10/10
                          Visual effects were verry good as always. In my opinion they deffinatly pulled out all the stops for this episode. Great effects couldn't belive my eyes.
                          Visual Effects: 10/10
                          The edditing was done very well. They stopped and started at just the right time and if they pulled anything out you sure couldn't tell. I brlieve it was verry well done.
                          Editing: 10/10
                          Costumes and makeup were expertly done. The Ori warrior armor is very good looking and it fit Daniel nice and well. The makeup on the Prior was very good and they did an excellent job on Adria.
                          Costumes and Makeup: 10/10
                          I have to say they pushed the envelope on budget on this one. I would have to say the overall production value is excellent. It is worth every penny.
                          Production Value: 10/10
                          In conclusion they did an excellent job with the contribution to character arcs they picked up where each characters story was finished last and satyed well to each character. I believe this was an excellent start for a new season. I was very pleased with every aspect of this story. I am looking forward to the rest of this season and all the action that is to come.
                          Overall: 10/10
                          This was an exellent episode and i hope everyone reading this will find it usefull.
                          Mitchell 82
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Great episode! Tied up all the loose ends from Camelot well, if a bit predictably. Adria was awesome, very creepy, very passionate with her arguement to Vala(the one where she's talking about the Ancients lying, blah blah, etc ), creepy in parts, very nicely done. I'm really looking forward to Counterstrike so I can see Morena Baccarin as Adria....now that will be cool. Mitchell's conversation with Bra'tac was okay, but had potential to be a kind of emotional/touching moment, but wasn't well enough developed(I guess that's the word to use for it) enough to have that kind of feel, so that was somewhat disappointing, but there wasn't really time for that and it was alright as it was. The prior with the scar over one eye was cool, I think I may like him better than the prior that we saw alot of last season. Vala's line about Adria making Origin alot more appealing to the men of the galaxy was hilarious, too. Overall, very good episode, really looking forward to next week.
                            I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

My god, that episode was incredible. I've been rewatching it over and over and enjoy every part. I really enjoyed seeing Daniel and Vala interact once again. This was a great start to season 10 and now I can't wait to see what's instore for the rest of te season.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                              Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Wonderful,

The Characters were used to their fullest, they were in Character and overall they all fit well into the story's plot. Speaking of plot I think the Episode was very well written, the lines were witty (like always) but when the time came, they became serious, it looks like the Writers (after ten long and certianly satisfying years) haven't lost thier touch. But I have to give some of the love to the wonderful actors/actresses on the show, they just do it so well. They were so in character. They truly must love doing this and being together because it translates so well on screen. And of course the visual effects were stunning, they were incredible. So well done I was in awe at how AWSOME it looked. THe cotumes were also great, (Especialy Michael's Armor with the fire reflecting off it ) The directors are my new best friends, they did so well. The music was beautiful, it really added to the drama, it has always brought this, I dunno, extra flavor to the show. With the actors, writing, directing, vis effects, ect. as the main and important ingreidients the music is that secret ingredient that gives it that extra kick. Over all I was impressed I'd say it was one of the best season openers I've seen, it was a truly fantastic expierience for me and I just want to say....if I could meet all the people who helped with the production of this episode I'd give them all big hugs and thank them emensly for a job well done.....

Comment

Working...
                                X