• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori invasion force is here.
    The Jaffa have taken a heavey loss
    The Lucian Alliance is now more aggrisive
    The Korolev is destroyed and Chekov is possibly dead
    All attempts to blow up an ori ship have failed and that one asgard ship got destroyed.
    Adria is leading the Ori fallowers

SGC has its work cutt out for it. This is going to be interisting and a lot of the Ori ship's capabilities have been seen,They destroyed an Asgard ship a fleet of Hataks, one 304 and dammaged another 304.
    I say we learned a lot from the Ori from a military aspect. It was a good epasode.
    [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
    HARRIMAN
    I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
    [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
    HARRIMAN
    So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Random thoughts for this one:

-My brain may be hazy, but is this the first time SG1 and Atlantis were shown in widescreen? It really stood out here, so I can't remember if they've always done this and I just forgot, or if this is something new from SciFi. Either way, thumbs up! It does make a difference.

-While I thought both girls who played Adria did a great job, I was bored with the long conversation between her and Vala.

-I vastly prefer these versions of Vala and Mitch compared to what I saw last season. Can they stick around beyond the season opener?

-The whole transporter thing is getting a bit ridiculous. Korolev explodes? Don't worry we managed to transport some people to safety. Sam stuck in space? Sucks to be you, they aren't working! Daniel and Vala about to be charred? Oh look, we got the transporters working just in time! Mitch/Sam/Teal'c/Bra'tac about to ram something? Ditto. Too much dependence on the damn thing.

-The mission to save Sam was also somewhat of a stretch. There were no smaller ships that could have grabbed her? Mitch was the best one suited to fly the Odyssey and save her? When did he get the training on those big ships that makes him more suited than, I dunno, the people that actually are on them all the time?

-Between this ep and Atlantis's NML, I am so sick of the damn sparklers that go off when the ships got hit.

-Overall, the CGI scenes were great and the action certainly was there. I thought it barely edged out the Atlantis premiere but overall as a season opener it could have been stronger.

Comment

I felt this was a good start to the season. Vala was very good, I enjoyed the edgier Mitchell, and Adria is a wonderful creation, kudos to the girls who played her, they all did great work.

I'm not going into deep, analytical detail. One can find plot holes in every episode on every show on TV. I just watch for the entertainment value and I got my money's worth Friday.

I liked both SG1 and SGA, but I would give the edge to SG1 this night - it seemed more polished overall and I just like the characters better.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
          I'll say the same thing I said at the Scifi Board

I really enjoyed the episode, though I was a bit annoyed by the fact that everybody that I ever known since birth called me at 9...is there some cosmic super power that knew that is when I wanted silence!

I enjoyed it and am all ready got my clock going down to the next episode
          You've got to get the science of "call screening" down. If it's important they'll leave a message.

I was surpised at all of the action, and we got to see alot going on. I had high expectations, and I say this episode actually was a little more than I expected! It's already in my top 5 episodes, only time will tell if I decide to make it #1. (I don't think you can ever call something "best ever" right off the bat, you have to wait for your current emotional state about it to die down.)

EDIT: Toaster, they've been widescreen since season 6. I have no idea why my season 1-5 DVDs are widescreen, while on tv they are fullscreen though? One of these days I'll have to watch a 1-5 ep on tv and pop in the same DVD to compare if it's just stretched or not. If you watch the DVDs on a high def. TV, you can tell that in season 6 they started to shoot at higher resolution and in widescreen, as 6-8 look ALOT better than the first 5 seasons. Season 8 says "mastered in high defination" on the box, but I suspect 6 and 7 were also cause the quality is high on them too.
          Last edited by Ori Warrior; 15 July 2006, 07:53 AM.
          Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

I don't really feel like reading 4-6 pages, so if this was noted before, please don' kill me.

When the captain of the Oddessy (I know I didn't spell that right) listed the damage done to the fleet, he mentioned the Asguard vessel. We never saw it leave the battlefield, nor did we hear from it in the premiere. Is it possible, then, that the Ori ships destroyed the Asguard vessel?
            "Those who listen the most experience the least."

Comment

I always assumed it went into hyperspace and flew away. Last we saw of it it looked like it was flying away.

I mentioned this on the first page and I think its a big problem with the ep last night but it was in the beginning so probably everyone was too excited and didnt notice.

In the season finale last season they wanted to dial the supergate first so the Ori could not come through. Wel lthe gat closed this time. Why wouldnt they do what they planned first and dial it so they cant dial in more ships? Did they forget already?
              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                -My brain may be hazy, but is this the first time SG1 and Atlantis were shown in widescreen?
                Hardly. SG-1 has been shown in WideScreen ever since the move to SciFi (season 6) and Atlantis has been shown that way since day one.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

okay so Flesh and Blood First of all i would like to say that i gave this episode a 10 because i thought it was really good. The opening credits are awesome. We are going to be looking for that Anicent weapon of Merlin's.

I like the part where they are trying out the asgard beam and emerson asks what that was that beamed in and Mitchell is like "it was supposed to be a sandwhich". I had a feeling that Bra'tac wanted to ram that mothership down the ori throats. I don't think he wants to capitulate to another false god after spending 142 years worshipping the goa'ulds.

I think that the SG-1 team might have their hands full with this one. The goa'uld werent all that bad but these ori are pure evil and which means they are not going to stop intill everyone worships the Ori. I say we give them a fight. I say that we need to build more BC-304's.

Comment

ok i've seen this ep this morning and I liked it but I just expected more of it ...

the kid is cute and daniel stays hot no matter what he wears .. and then that awfull hair of teal'c ugh .. oh well disnapointed me that there was no danny whumping in it would have liked to see that .. since I'm a smdw ( shippende mega danny whumper )

but I'm looking forward for the next ep!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson
                      ok i've seen this ep this morning and I liked it but I just expected more of it ...

the kid is cute and daniel stays hot no matter what he wears .. and then that awfull hair of teal'c ugh .. oh well disnapointed me that there was no danny whumping in it would have liked to see that .. since I'm a smdw ( shippende mega danny whumper )

but I'm looking forward for the next ep!
                      The kid was cute?......... not quite the word I would use to describe her. I think he either is going bald or he did like a box cut thing on his for head and yes it looks bad.(But I still love the guy)

As am I!
                      sigpic

Comment

I loved Vala in this ep. I'm glad she's still got her snarkiness. I hope TPTB don't tone her down too much.

Little Adria. Creepiest. Child. Ever. I could have lived without hearing "Hallowed are the Ori" coming out of a 4-year-old's mouth.

I'm glad Daniel and Vala got so many scenes together. He really was her knight in shining armor, wasn't he?

Mitchell's rescue of Sam seemed a bit far-fetched. I know he's an expert pilot, but c'mon. Also, what's up with the handshake after he sees Sam in the infirmary? They're friends, not strangers.

I miss Chekov. Boy, TPTB aren't going to be satisfied until they blow up every ship, are they?

Overall it was a good ep. Not excellent, but good.

Comment

Absolutely loved this ep!!!!

It rocked. It was suspenseful and well written. I love they managed to rescue Carter. That was a brilliant idea. It was neat to see that is was left to Cameron to convince Braytac not to commit suicide. Great idea to put a beacon on Braytac. The poor russians.

I love the line at the end where Daniel said he should have shot Vala's daughter. (I don't recall her name). It may seem cold hearted of Daniel to say that but it is the truth. Sam says that Daniel wouldn't shot a child. But Daniel again seems to be the only one (just like in Prototype) who realizes that this is not a human being they are dealing with. The child maybe look innocent but boy it is not!!! It is the embodiment of everything evil they are fighting against.

I am going to have to watch it again. later on this weekend.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                            Hardly. SG-1 has been shown in WideScreen ever since the move to SciFi (season 6) and Atlantis has been shown that way since day one.
                            Heh, guess my brain really is a pile of goo.

Comment

My $0.02….

I hate Teal’c’s hair.

The episode was decent. Not the best season opener or episode of Stargate I’ve ever seen, but I guess I’d have to consider myself entertained.

I liked serious Mitchell in this one.

Loved Vala. (and mind you this is coming from someone who hated that character with intense passion when she was featured in Prometheus Unbound).

I’m trying to go into this season with a positive outlook though there is still some concern for several episodes for which I’ve read spoilers.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

btw, i also wanna know wtf happened to the asgard ship, where'd it go? lol

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Working...
                                X