Flesh And Blood (1001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arative
    Enjoyed the episode. Loved Adria eyes, as they say the eyes are the window to the soul and hers are firey red, little touch there to help her seem more Ori.

This season is taking us back to the beginning of SG-1 I think, basically fighting an overwhelming enemey with inferior technology, I love it!
    I love it too. I really feel that this season will be something special, as evidenced to me anyways by how great this episode was.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
      You didn't know about the Great and Powerful Oz? Contoller of cosmic super powers and telephones...interrupter of new episodes and general cause of gnashing of teeth.
      I had heard of him, that little sneaky head!!!! (wonders if Raid will work on him)

Comment

It seemed to me that Cam was better written than last season. I liked that. I liked Vala too - not just as a cheeky gal, but as a woman who has experienced something outside the realm of normalcy - the birth of Adria. What a shocker for her.
        sigpic

Comment

Not a bad opener. Renewed my love for the characters and the dialouge was pretty good.

I liked Emerson's line "I'm guessing that's a no," after he sees Teal'c in the scuffle on the other ship. It may seem a bit callous at first, but it just shows how absolutely tired of it all he was and how dire the circumstances were. When you see one of your guys attacked on another ship and can't even spare the energy to be worried, things are bad. Also, I just love dry humour.

Mitchell worrying about Sam was so lovely. It really shows the friendship between those two.

Vala. Still love her. I know she's a love-her-or-hate-her character, and I am firmly on her side. Her scenes with Adria were pretty well-done; they showed her unease with the girl as well as her concern for her. I really like that they didn't choose maternal care over the need to stop the Ori. Vala is an opportunist, trying to bring the girl over to her side is very in character for her. It also showed her sarcasm rather well. I liked the exchange between her and Adria about the Jaffa.
          Adria: ...but in their hearts, I believe they know ascension is the true goal of our existence.
          Vala: Then why are you slaughtering them?

It's a nice, cutting line. Wouldn't work for someone as fully indoctrinated/Ori-molded as Adria, but still, very nice line.

I love that the team (well, the team minus Daniel) went to the mothership with Bra'tac. Also love Sam's comment to Emerson.

Emerson: That's suicide.
          Sam: Well, for Teal'c and Bra'tac, that's not really an argument against going.

Those Jaffa do have an aggravating tendency towards kamikaze runs, don't they?

Vala's husband was a nice touch. She really does care about him. It helps show how a situation like this can tear relationships apart, really messing up your sense of who to trust. Yeah, our heroes are all on one side, but the people on the planets the Ori wil be trying to dominate probably won't be. It's a nice element of the suffering of the common man.

Daniel's wish that he had shot Adria is an interesting look at his character. This is not the Daniel of old. His oh-so-Daniel-like hesitation cost them, but the fact that he even mentioned wishing that he had shot Adria shows the desperation of the situation. Honestly, this is the guy who cried over a robot five seasons ago, and now he's willing to shoot what is in form, a human girl.

Vala pushing Daniel out of the way and taking fire for him is a nice move for her. I also love his refusal to leave Vala, even though it would have been the better tactical move. Yes, I am a sucker for friendship moments like that.

Love Mitchell's 'live to fight another day' attitude. It shows logic and a willingness to retreat and regroup, a willingness to use intelligence instead of brute strength and indoctrination, which is really the only thing the people of Earth have over the Ori and their soldiers at this point.

Can't wait to see where this season will go.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
            It seemed to me that Cam was better written than last season. I liked that. I liked Vala too - not just as a cheeky gal, but as a woman who has experienced something outside the realm of normalcy - the birth of Adria. What a shocker for her.
            I thought they were both good in this episode as well. Both have come a long way IMO. However, I'm one that liked them both just fine last season as well.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I did like it. But the whole ep seemed to be one big set up to me. i think it's going to take an ep or two to really get the balance and rhythm of the characters and new storylines. i do like that the sgc is going to have to go back to the, guerrilla by the skin of our teeth style.

i'm already equating adria to the anti-christ. "Damien! It's all for you Damien!"
              Last edited by Galilahi; 15 July 2006, 07:17 PM.

"I will follow you to the ends of this world and into the next. I will not leave you."

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                Not if at that moment daniel was creating away to destoy the ori ship. Which from there point of view was completely possible.
                How many ships did they have fighting and couldn't do anything? So, why would they assume that Daniel had single handedly found a way (and would destroy it while he was on it?)?

Actually it was on topic but whatever.
                Actually topic is the episode, not Dani's problems with the Ori.

Yes, but almost every episode we were dealing with the gou'ald whether they were on screen or not.
                Pertinent word there. Almost. Meaning not every episode. Meaning it's not without precedence that there might be a few that don't have the Ori or mention of them. For example, One False Step (no Goa'uld or mention) Prisoners, maybe WoO (fuzzy memory on that one), maybe Space Race (ditto). So, yeah, since not every episode had or mentioned the Goa'uld, I say it's possible that not every episode will have or mention the Ori. At least I hope.

Is that really why you didn't like it just because they weren't all in the same room?
                Uh, yeah. My whole post was just "they weren't in the same room, they weren't in the same room." I didn't say anything else. Right.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

They say that 6 people beamed off of the Korolev, where did they beam to? The Odessey?

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Good summation of the key points Starfox. you're right about Daniel - big difference from five seasons ago when he cried over shooting a robot. But he's faced some pretty big enemies since then and has grown too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
                      They say that 6 people beamed off of the Korolev, where did they beam to? The Odessey?
                      You know, they didn't really explain that one.
                      sigpic

Comment

I like this episode better than Season 9 first ep. It's not great buf definitely better than most S9 yawn-fest.
                        IMO, Cam talks too much here while Sam is too quiet, Teal'c is forgettable as in no really meaningful talk-scene. Daniel is less talky than normal which is way better than his super-talk in S9 premiere.
                        sigpic
                        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

It was pretty decent.

They did what was important; they found a way for Adria to be introduced, Vala to be rescued, and the next season to be set up. Everyone acted fairly well (even the two versions of Adria we saw), I thought.

I'm a little disappointed in the continuity. They completely forgot about the plan to dial out. Hopefully they'll explain in an episode or two why they couldn't. (I'd have it be something as simple as the new control crystal frying.)

Comment

Really liked this episode. Lots of excitement, great effects work, good acting. Nice to see Mitchell has the tough officer - much better that the wacky Cam we saw in "Off the Grid.

Gonna miss Checkov (unless he made it off the Koralev).

Highlight: Adria. Creepy and well done.

Thumbs up, all the way around.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                              I'm a little disappointed in the continuity. They completely forgot about the plan to dial out. Hopefully they'll explain in an episode or two why they couldn't. (I'd have it be something as simple as the new control crystal frying.)
                              It was my understanding that the Ori dialed in just as Sam replaced the crystal - there was no time for the Earth group to dial out. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering from the end of last season?
                              sigpic

Comment

As someone who really hated season 9, I loved this episode. The main reason I wasn't a fan of season 9 was Vala, but I have to say I loved her in this ep. She was funny but not over-the-top, and I hope the Adria(sp?) plotline will tone her down a little, because I think I could really love her character.

Favorite moment? When Sam and Teal'C insisted on coming in the hope of getting Daniel, because it definitely reminded me of how close these three people are.

And that was some pretty sweet flying on Cameron's part when he saved Sam.

Save SG-1 and Atlantis! Watch them, don't boycott! || Banner by stargatefangurl||My LiveJournal~

Comment

Working...
                                X