Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the US so I won't see Unending till next week, but I do have one question about it. Do you know if the events that occur during time dilation thing will have a lasting effect on the characters, or is everything reset at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
      I'm in the US so I won't see Unending till next week, but I do have one question about it. Do you know if the events that occur during time dilation thing will have a lasting effect on the characters, or is everything reset at the end?
      Do you really want to be spoiled? If you can't wait, here is the answer.
      Spoiler:
      80% reset, 20% lasting effect.
      Made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by valaareyn View Post
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Cool I'm glad they don't completely reset everything, because I hate it when scifi shows have all sorts of character development in an episode and then completely reset everything back to the way it was before.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Cool I'm glad they don't completely reset everything, because I hate it when scifi shows have all sorts of character development in an episode and then completely reset everything back to the way it was before.
          Agreed they did it quite well but scifi isnt the only genre to do that. Ever see the horrible Roseanne finale?
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

"Dominion" was yet another great showing for the talents of Ben Browder and Claudia Black IMO. Both Vala and Mitchell were great in this one.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              "Dominion" was yet another great showing for the talents of Ben Browder and Claudia Black IMO. Both Vala and Mitchell were great in this one.
              ITA 100% both characters shined in this ep. What I love about Vala is how complex she is. This ep showed us how clever and brave she is. Cam was soo good he is a good leader he didn't miss a thing.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                ITA 100% both characters shined in this ep. What I love about Vala is how complex she is. This ep showed us how clever and brave she is. Cam was soo good he is a good leader he didn't miss a thing.
                ITA. Mitchell has really been impressing me with his leadership skills as as of late. I was kind of hesitant about him at first but he's been proving himself this season. I think the writers and BB are finally confident in Mitchell now. I really like his little moment with Vala, I really like how he cares about his team...always looking after them

CB was of course brilliant again. I always find that the episodes with Adria seem to be the ones that allow Vala to show the most complexity (maybe because it opposes her normal playfulness). I would have loved it if this episode had been broken up into two episodes (one that could have aired instead of FT), expanding on the stuff Vala goes through in the first 20 minutes. It could have ended with...
                Spoiler:
                ...capturing Adria and finding out she's Ba'al. That way we would get more Ba'al as Adria and Vala angst. A win-win, I think.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

ITA. They both really shined in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by valaareyn View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Actually it's more like 83,33% reset, 16,67% lasting effect.
                    And I never thought I'd post here

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      ITA. Mitchell has really been impressing me with his leadership skills as as of late. I was kind of hesitant about him at first but he's been proving himself this season. I think the writers and BB are finally confident in Mitchell now. I really like his little moment with Vala, I really like how he cares about his team...always looking after them

CB was of course brilliant again. I always find that the episodes with Adria seem to be the ones that allow Vala to show the most complexity (maybe because it opposes her normal playfulness). I would have loved it if this episode had been broken up into two episodes (one that could have aired instead of FT), expanding on the stuff Vala goes through in the first 20 minutes. It could have ended with...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...capturing Adria and finding out she's Ba'al. That way we would get more Ba'al as Adria and Vala angst. A win-win, I think.

-Stef
                      Mitchell has definitely become a very capable leader of SG-1. He's come a long way since Season 9 IMO. He certainly cares about the members of his team, no doubt about that.

I do agree about Vala. The episodes involving Adria do bring out a little more complexity in her character.

As for "Dominion" being a two-parter, that would have been a great idea IMO as well. But "Family Ties" did serve a purpose too. With the show ending, it helped get in some more personal story-time for certain characters that otherwise never would have had any resolution.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the laughs from Vala being so outrageous and Cam's references to his grandma. too darn funny.

Comment

As for "Dominion" being a two-parter, that would have been a great idea IMO as well. But "Family Ties" did serve a purpose too. With the show ending, it helped get in some more personal story-time for certain characters that otherwise never would have had any resolution.
                          That's true....and we got Sam/Vala moments that I had so desperately hoped for Plus, we got a rare and wonderful Landry/Vala moment as well. That's probably the best part of FT, the team factor...how everyone was protective of Vala. I guess I shouldn't dismiss what this episode brought to the table in that regard.

-Stef
                          Last edited by Stef; 17 June 2007, 10:54 AM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yes those parts of FT saved it for me too. Teal'c was protective of her also. The only thing that irked me was the D&V scene but that's a subject for another thread.
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Yes those parts of FT saved it for me too. Teal'c was protective of her also. The only thing that irked me was the D&V scene but that's a subject for another thread.
                              Indeed it is

-Stef

Comment

Actually I loved that part, but that's for another thread. Dominion truly showed the best of this show and the characters IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X