Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who want an open discussion thread, I just made one, The Cam and Vala discussion thread. All views are welcome.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      For those who want an open discussion thread, I just made one, The Cam and Vala discussion thread. All views are welcome.
      Ooh, I believe I had that discussion before....and it did not go well

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah, but
        Spoiler:
        isn't Vala gonna be a bad guy in Contiuum
        ?

Comment

Yeah, I'd love to see some Jack/Vala scenes. That is my favorite fic couple. The way people write them makes me think they'd be great on-screen together

Continuum...
          Spoiler:
          Yes, Vala will be Qetesh in the movie. I have no idea if Vala will be in there for any meaningful span of time though.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Favorite Cam and Vala Scene

Made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              Yeah, I'd love to see some Jack/Vala scenes. That is my favorite fic couple. The way people write them makes me think they'd be great on-screen together

Continuum...
              Spoiler:
              Yes, Vala will be Qetesh in the movie. I have no idea if Vala will be in there for any meaningful span of time though.

-Stef
              Just wondering if any could gander an answer to this question:

Spoiler:
              If Vala is Quetesh in the movie continuum. And Teal'c is first prime. Then how would Jack, Daniel, Cam and Sam know that the timeline was changed at Ba'al's execution? According to what I read. Jack and gang are at Ba'al's execution. Ba'al goes back in time and makes it so the gate is never found. Jack, Sam and Cam go to 1939 to dig up gate in antartic and fight Nazi's. If Teal'c is first prime then one could guess that he would have no memory of the timeline.

Vala however, could have a memory of the timeline and that information could be used by Quetesh. There is no reason for the host not to remeber the timeline events if the rest of the team remembers.

So, why would Teal'c be first prime?
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Ooh, I believe I had that discussion before....and it did not go well

-Stef
                I remember it turned out to be a bash thread both the characters and posters.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                  A bit off topic, but interested to know, what is this Farscape group you speak of?
                  It's not officially a group. It's just the Farscape Appreciation Thread I started in the General Sci-Fi Section.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Just wondering if any could gander an answer to this question:

Spoiler:
                    If Vala is Quetesh in the movie continuum. And Teal'c is first prime. Then how would Jack, Daniel, Cam and Sam know that the timeline was changed at Ba'al's execution? According to what I read. Jack and gang are at Ba'al's execution. Ba'al goes back in time and makes it so the gate is never found. Jack, Sam and Cam go to 1939 to dig up gate in antartic and fight Nazi's. If Teal'c is first prime then one could guess that he would have no memory of the timeline.

Vala however, could have a memory of the timeline and that information could be used by Quetesh. There is no reason for the host not to remeber the timeline events if the rest of the team remembers.

So, why would Teal'c be first prime?
                    Ah, the question of the day! I have no idea how it is going to work.
                    Spoiler:
                    My question is more to how are Vala, Teal'c, and Ba'al going to have any kind of meaningful place in the movie if it focuses on the team traveling to the past. I want to see Qetesh and Teal'c interact with their team members...I'm presuming that that's why Ba'al chooses to marry Qetesh/Vala and have Teal'c as his first prime, as insurance policies in case SG-1 comes after him (or to just have some sort of perverse pleasure of sleeping with Vala and controlling Teal'c). And it's too much a coincidence for Ba'al to have BOTH of them in his camp. I can understand him remembering everything because he'll stay in the past and then change things up until the present.

So the only thing I could think of is that Cam, Sam, Daniel, and Jack somehow go after him and wind up stuck in 1939 trying to fix the error in the timeline (which would explain how they remember). There are supposed to be multiple timelines....so maybe they try to fix the problem then ffwd only to find that they didn't reset the present (as illustrated by Qetesh and Teal'c).

That's the best I could come up with. I really hope that Vala and Teal'c don't get pushed to the side in favor of the rest of the time. I'm really intrigued by Teal'c as first prime of Ba'al and Vala as Qetesh interacting with the rest of the team. That's the coolest part about this movie for me.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I remember it turned out to be a bash thread both the characters and posters.
                    Yes, I recall that as well Nobody is going to change anyone else's mind. The best you can get is agree to disagree and sometimes not even that is possible. I got so down on the show after trying to defend Vala/Cam in various threads that I eventually had to stop going. Only positive threads for me from now on! Curiosity be damned.

On that note, anyone else notice that the "Did Cam/Vala Kill Stargate Thread" has been changed to "The Cam/Vala Discussion Thread."

-Stef

Comment

Wish they had more time together but I also like the interaction they have with the others.
                      Made by Stef

Comment

Ah, the question of the day! I have no idea how it is going to work.
                        Spoiler:
                        My question is more to how are Vala, Teal'c, and Ba'al going to have any kind of meaningful place in the movie if it focuses on the team traveling to the past. I want to see Qetesh and Teal'c interact with their team members...I'm presuming that that's why Ba'al chooses to marry Qetesh/Vala and have Teal'c as his first prime, as insurance policies in case SG-1 comes after him (or to just have some sort of perverse pleasure of sleeping with Vala and controlling Teal'c). And it's too much a coincidence for Ba'al to have BOTH of them in his camp. I can understand him remembering everything because he'll stay in the past and then change things up until the present.

So the only thing I could think of is that Cam, Sam, Daniel, and Jack somehow go after him and wind up stuck in 1939 trying to fix the error in the timeline (which would explain how they remember). There are supposed to be multiple timelines....so maybe they try to fix the problem then ffwd only to find that they didn't reset the present (as illustrated by Qetesh and Teal'c).

That's the best I could come up with. I really hope that Vala and Teal'c don't get pushed to the side in favor of the rest of the time. I'm really intrigued by Teal'c as first prime of Ba'al and Vala as Qetesh interacting with the rest of the team. That's the coolest part about this movie for me.

Yes, I recall that as well Nobody is going to change anyone else's mind. The best you can get is agree to disagree and sometimes not even that is possible. I got so down on the show after trying to defend Vala/Cam in various threads that I eventually had to stop going. Only positive threads for me from now on! Curiosity be damned.

On that note, anyone else notice that the "Did Cam/Vala Kill Stargate Thread" has been changed to "The Cam/Vala Discussion Thread."

-Stef
                        I noticed it as well, I guess the mods felt they had too. I just wish everyone felt like you and I do, just agreeing to disagree. Most of the the time alot of the disagreers just neg you. I almost did for making that statement, thankfully they couldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by valaareyn View Post
                          Wish they had more time together but I also like the interaction they have with the others.
                          I wish they did too. They have such great chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            I wish they did too. They have such great chemistry.
                            Indeed they do. With each other and now with the rest of the SG-1 team as well IMO.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree but some get stuck on the past and can't let go of certain characters and can't appreciate the new ones and see them for gems that they are. I love their characters and they do interact with everyone else very well.
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
                                I'm totally sick of the "Did Vala and Cam kill the show" thread, so I think it's time for the opposite one. I truly think that Cam and Vala's characters contributed to the show's higher quality in seasons 9 and 10 very much and the actors actually made the show better.
                                I don't know about "better", as in better than the preceding 8 seasons, but I sure like looking at the pretty that is Ben and Claudia.

And your banner is lovely as well

In all seriousness, the second half of season 10 is superior, imho, than season 9 or the first half of season 10. I especially like the little bit of Vala and Sam interaction we've gotten, along with the Cam/Sam interaction. The characters seemed to have settled in (meaning the writers have) and there's been more depth from both Vala and Cameron, imho.

Vala's still comical, which is good, but she's had some really dramatic moments, in one particular in
                                Spoiler:
                                "Unending" that just ripped my heart out. Ouch!
                                . But there were also some Tomin/Vala moments that were outstanding, as well as some Adria/Vala stuff that was a bit angsty.

It seems to me, regarding mitchell, that one of his most defining character moments is in "Unending"
                                Spoiler:
                                where he has his little breakdown and trashes his room. All that frustration of standing still, and probably some sexual frustration too, judging from his Love Boat comments, watching Vala walk out of Daniel's room looking like a well fed cat, and then going straight to Landry to say that they have to find a way off the ship--
                                all of that is great character stuff for Mitchell. I just wish they hadn't waited so darned long to show us this flaw of his.

I'm really sad the show's going to be off now for awhile; I'm starting to like the team as is and am looking forward the movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X