Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really believe they were a positive on the show. Browder fell into his own with his character abou4 3 or 4 eps beofre the end of season 9, and given more time would have been an excellent team commander. Claudia was just awesome from the word go.

There were issues that had to be worked out with those two actors and their characters. The creative team had to find ways to distinguish between Vala/Cam and John/Aeryn. For those that watched Farscape know what I mean. Doing that took some time and you could see near the end of season 10 they nearly got it right.

Seeing Sg1 get cancelled doesnt upset me as much as knowing that aside from a couple of movies, we will never see that version of the team together again.

Comment

I think these pro and anti threads are extremely silly and I don't understand the point of them.

Comment

I LOVE Mitchell, and he never got enough time on screen

Vala kinda grew on me, and she annoyed the crap outta Daniel, so yeah...like her too
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

As much as I like Daniel, seeing someone drive him that nuts was awesome! Especially this sequence (paraphrasing):
          "If we can't get that thing off, you're just gonna have to marry that chick."
          "Yeah! Let's make babies!"

I laughed my head off at that one. That's the thing I like about Vala; she's funny as heck!
          Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

I was really worried when I heard Vala was going to be recurring (S9). I didn't care for her in Prometheus Unbound. But I was pleasantly surprised to be completely wrong. She is hilariously funny, and CB is a tremendous actress. She is believable doing comedy or drama. I found some her dramatic moments to be among the most powerful scenes in S9 and 10.

I've always like BB and wasn't concerned about him joining. Cam turned out to be a great character, a leader when he needed to be but also willing to let others step forward if necessary. I loved when Daniel called him "New Guy" and fussed at him for touching things without knowing what they were. I thought it added realism to a new team trying to adjust, and Cam's reaction showed he wasn't threatened.

I think Cam and Vala made the show different, not necessarily better or worse, just different.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              I LOVE Mitchell, and he never got enough time on screen

Vala kinda grew on me, and she annoyed the crap outta Daniel, so yeah...like her too
              I'll say 'ditto.' For me, Mitchell added some vitality to the show that was, alas, sadly lacking with RDA's last appearances (he seemed like he'd rahter be elsehwere and I got tired of all the lame jokes). Vala, yeah, she riled up Daniel. Takes a lot to do that!

Alas, even with new characters the writing wasn't always up to snuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBauer2007 View Post
                Seeing Sg1 get cancelled doesnt upset me as much as knowing that aside from a couple of movies, we will never see that version of the team together again.
                That's not necessarily true. If the two SG-1 movies do well, we may very well see more of Mitchell, Vala, and the rest of the team. In future SG-1 movies. That's what I'm hoping for.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought I'd chime in and sing the praises of General Landry, who I have absolutely loved from the beginning. What's not to like about Beau Bridges?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    I thought I'd chime in and sing the praises of General Landry, who I have absolutely loved from the beginning. What's not to like about Beau Bridges?
                    Me too!!! I like how they have his character different then how Hammond was and I loved Hammond too but there is a difference they didn't make him into a clone. I love Cam and Vala too. Vala is a wild card and very unpredictable and Cam is someone who will take risks and has his own personality.
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      Me too!!! I like how they have his character different then how Hammond was and I loved Hammond too but there is a difference they didn't make him into a clone. I love Cam and Vala too. Vala is a wild card and very unpredictable and Cam is someone who will take risks and has his own personality.
                      Agreed. Cam and Vala along with Landry added alot to the show.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                        I was really worried when I heard Vala was going to be recurring (S9). I didn't care for her in Prometheus Unbound. But I was pleasantly surprised to be completely wrong. She is hilariously funny, and CB is a tremendous actress. She is believable doing comedy or drama. I found some her dramatic moments to be among the most powerful scenes in S9 and 10.

I've always like BB and wasn't concerned about him joining. Cam turned out to be a great character, a leader when he needed to be but also willing to let others step forward if necessary. I loved when Daniel called him "New Guy" and fussed at him for touching things without knowing what they were. I thought it added realism to a new team trying to adjust, and Cam's reaction showed he wasn't threatened.

I think Cam and Vala made the show different, not necessarily better or worse, just different.
                        I agree with the small exception that I did like Vala in PU, however, I was concerned about her joining full time. It has all worked out, though.

I also agree that the show is different, but, for my own personal enjoyment and because I adore Ben and his character, Mitchell, I prefer this incarnation of the show. And everyone seems so much more fun, and "happier", for lack of a better word.

As for Landry, I prefer him over Hammond. I know that's sacrilege, but I never was a Hammond fan. He was okay most of the time, but there were some times when he made me roll my eyes, and I prefer Landry. [I know I'm definitely in a minority on that one! ]

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost View Post
                          As for Landry, I prefer him over Hammond. I know that's sacrilege, but I never was a Hammond fan. He was okay most of the time, but there were some times when he made me roll my eyes, and I prefer Landry. [I know I'm definitely in a minority on that one! ]
                          I'm with you on that one- I too prefer him over Hammond. Really the only episode that I could care about Hammond as more than an exposition-provider was season four's "Chain Reaction". It's just too bad that we'll never get a Landry-centric ep.

I just feel like Beau Bridges makes his exposition scenes better through character, and I really like the personality that he's given Landry.

And Landry has a sense of humour.

Comment

I'm with you on that one- I too prefer him over Hammond. Really the only episode that I could care about Hammond as more than an exposition-provider was season four's "Chain Reaction". It's just too bad that we'll never get a Landry-centric ep.

I just feel like Beau Bridges makes his exposition scenes better through character, and I really like the personality that he's given Landry.

And Landry has a sense of humour.
                            I don't remember episode names, so I'm not sure which one "Chain Reaction" is, but my favorite Hammond scene was when Jack told him to press 1 [thinking it would be the President] on his speed dial and Hammond said, "Call my granddaughters?" I thought that was great. But most of the time, he seems to bluster just to show that he's the boss or something. Eh.

But I still like Landry a lot more. Nice to find a kindred spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost View Post
                              I don't remember episode names, so I'm not sure which one "Chain Reaction" is, but my favorite Hammond scene was when Jack told him to press 1 [thinking it would be the President] on his speed dial and Hammond said, "Call my granddaughters?" I thought that was great. But most of the time, he seems to bluster just to show that he's the boss or something. Eh.

But I still like Landry a lot more. Nice to find a kindred spirit!
                              Chain Reaction was the one where Kinsey was blackmailing Hammond into resigning. I love that speed dial quote as well.

Comment

Chain Reaction was the one where Kinsey was blackmailing Hammond into resigning. I love that speed dial quote as well.
                                Yeah me too that one was Small Victories. There were so many great quotes but my fav is "In the middle of my backswing!" IMO Cam, Vala and Landry kept the drama, action and comedy alive as well as the show as it could have fizzled out with the loss of Jack and they compensated very well.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X