Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala: Simply entertaining character. CB is a great actress, who had funny and sometimes dramatic scenes to show us her skills. Vala had good and bad sides and she became a very good 3D SG character with good backstories. I think Vala and McKay are the best written characters in the SG series, so they can be good examples for Teyla and Ronon.

Mitchell: I liked Ben Bowder in Farscape, but I felt he tried to so hard to show Mitchell as an other character next to Crichton and O'Neill. He is a great actor too and he became very good member of the SG-1. What I miss that he went to the SGC so quickly and we don't know enough about his time in the hospital. Was he there for one year (season8)? Heis so positive and he doesn't make enough mistakes. Sometimes I feel he is too percect to be a believable character. Lot of fans think Mitchell is only an O'Neill-Sheppard hybrid and a replacement, but BB made the character to be a very sensitive, intelligent soldier. He should have more connection to the Arthurian mythologies, but the TPTB tried it with the knights. I hope he and O'Neill will have more common scenes in Continuum to see what the differences between them. What will O'Neill do in a situation and what will Mitchell do in the same situation? etc. But I support Mitchell, because he brought a new colour into the SG universe.
    Last edited by Platschu; 07 June 2007, 12:15 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yay! a pro cam and vala thread!!! At last.

I dont think cam/vala killed the show, it was those damn reality tv shows!!!!

I like cam and vala. Vala is just so funny and her plans, although sometimes stupid, usually work!
      As platschu has said there was not enough character development of cameron for us to see the real him. I also cant wait to see him in the movies. hopefully we will see how good he truly is. i enjoyed the sword fighting scenes in camelot!!!
      Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
      sigpic
      sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Thanks. The gaters think that this two actor or the writers killed SG-1. No. SciFi Channel made. They risked ans sacreficed easily this show, because they hoped that other shows will have better rating. I think they know yet, what terrible decision they made with the cancellation. It is bit unlucky that the premieres were at summer, because if they could begin season 10 only at January, than they could see that the other new original shows are weaker than SG-1. But now, it is only the past and the DVD movies, Atlantis, the third SG series and the SG:Worlds game are the franchise's future.
        Last edited by Platschu; 07 June 2007, 12:29 PM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I definitely like the current cast for SG-1. Sure it might not be the same as the original cast, but they are still great characters who I think have brought a lot to the show. I don't think I really have a preference, because IMO both groups were good, and they were different enough that I don't mind saying I like them both about the same. I think SG-1 has been one of the few shows, ( like M*A*S*H and Law & Order) that have been able to survive almost complete cast change.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            I'll say 'ditto.' For me, Mitchell added some vitality to the show that was, alas, sadly lacking with RDA's last appearances (he seemed like he'd rahter be elsehwere and I got tired of all the lame jokes). Vala, yeah, she riled up Daniel. Takes a lot to do that!
            Completely agree. Mitchell in SG-1 has helped take the show back to the formula that got the show started so well. There's far more action in the show now that there was, especially compared to season 8.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
              Completely agree. Mitchell in SG-1 has helped take the show back to the formula that got the show started so well. There's far more action in the show now that there was, especially compared to season 8.
              ITA 100% When was watching the DVDs I felt season 8 lacked spark in certain spots PU is one of the few eps that had some emotion thanks to Vala. I like Cam because I relate to him more than I could Jonas.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I think they brought a breath of fresh air that was needed in a show that was growing stagnant. After watching Farscape for four seasons I find it refreshing to see Claudia in such a fun and light role.
                Their addition made the show fun to watch for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                  I think they brought a breath of fresh air that was needed in a show that was growing stagnant. After watching Farscape for four seasons I find it refreshing to see Claudia in such a fun and light role.
                  Their addition made the show fun to watch for me.
                  I posted this in the other thread...

Well I first did not like Mitchell and Vala come on, hated them, and the fact that RDA(O'neill) was gone. After watching them in action, by late Season 9 into 10, I felt like they were doing a better job. These characters have grown on me. I am happy that they came on because they got SG-1 to a record season. Still wish we had the old cast but hey things change. I am even watching Farscape for the first time.

Thanks Wolfe for the Farscape info!
                  sigpic

Comment

I really like how they interact with everyone. I like Cam but I love Vala she's a very complex character that some people can't or don't want to see. I loved Cam in Athur's Mantle I think that might have been my fav ep for him
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      I really like how they interact with everyone. I like Cam but I love Vala she's a very complex character that some people can't or don't want to see. I loved Cam in Athur's Mantle I think that might have been my fav ep for him
                      I really wanted to see more scenes with O'neill and Mitchell or O'neill and Vala. Well we do have the 2nd movie!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
                        I definitely like the current cast for SG-1. Sure it might not be the same as the original cast, but they are still great characters who I think have brought a lot to the show. I don't think I really have a preference, because IMO both groups were good, and they were different enough that I don't mind saying I like them both about the same. I think SG-1 has been one of the few shows, ( like M*A*S*H and Law & Order) that have been able to survive almost complete cast change.

You said it! I believe TPTB got the best options available when they were forced to give up O'Neill. I miss O'Neill, but I like all the new guys as well.

Especially the fact that Vala bugs Daniel all the time. Vala and Sam are finally getting some "girl bonding", and it seems that TPTB are more comfortable with the Cam/Vala scenes and letting them have some "moments". Sure would have liked to see them continue in another season, and just see how far the team could go, I believe it would have only gotten better and better.

But am happy we at least got the movies!

The Farscape group knows this already - CB and BB's work in SG convinced me to give FS another shot. Yep, they are two incredible actors.

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
                          But am happy we at least got the movies!

The Farscape group knows this already - CB and BB's work in SG convinced me to give FS another shot. Yep, they are two incredible actors.
                          The movies should be something special.

As the founder of the "Farscape group", I believe I speak for all the Scapers here on GW when I say that I'm glad you gave FS another shot.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

A bit off topic, but interested to know, what is this Farscape group you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              I really wanted to see more scenes with O'neill and Mitchell or O'neill and Vala. Well we do have the 2nd movie!
                              I was excited when I heard that Ben Browder was joining another show I enjoyed. My biggest regret? That RDA was leaving. I would have loved to see these two together. I think they would have been great fun. So... yeah! Hoping we see it in the 2nd movie!!!

Comment

Yay, a thread that counteracts the anti one

Well, the obvious reason I like Cam and Vala joining Stargate is because it made me start watching the show to begin with. I watched the first 5 episodes of season 9 because of CB and BB and then tuned back in for season 10 because I heard Vala was coming back...and then became obsessed.

I've since gone back and watched some prevous seasons of SG-1 and the thing that I appreciate the most is the energy that both characters bring to the show. I pretty much love Vala's dynamic with everyone, and Cam has really grown on me. They're really just fun to watch. Plus, I am so happy to finally have a strong female friendship depicted on-screen Even if Vala and Sam aren't written any dialogue together, CB and AT manage to show that the two women care about each other (check out AT's reactions in "Dominion" this week).

As for Cameron, I really like how he seems like more a member of the team rather than a leader. I mean, he is the leader, but he just seems to be more on the level with everyone else...like nobody is that higher or more important than anyone else. I like that more egalitarian aspect to the show

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X