This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    I understood that an episode of BSG cost considerably less than an episode of SG-1.

Don't forget that the Sci-Fi channel will also be making a bigger return on BSG, through DVD sales and selling the airing rights to other channels.
    Have they acctually ever checked whether BSG dvds sell more than SG1/SGA dvds??

As to the ratings iirc atlantis and sg1 have consistently been better than BSG.
    +

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Have they acctually ever checked whether BSG dvds sell more than SG1/SGA dvds??

As to the ratings iirc atlantis and sg1 have consistently been better than BSG.
      +
      It's not that BSG sell more, it's because Sci Fi get money for BSG DVD sales whereas they don't for SG ones.

Comment

what so u dont wanna watch 5 movies in a row abt a giant snake?
        - heres to the downfall of the sci-fi network... something i never thought id say...
        ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

I must confess that I saw that coming a bit after the first episodes after O'Neill and Hammond left the series. I didnt (and still dont) like Stargate that much anymore, though I still adore the SG universe, but its not the same without Jack anyhow IMO. I'm still watching it, and am sad that it will end after season 10, but since we're at season 8 here in Germany, there's still a lot of episodes to watch and look forward to for us.

I dont know what to watch when it will end here. SG is the only thing on tv - besides news - that I'm watching at the moment.
          Last edited by DerUnsympath; 19 March 2007, 02:21 AM.
          "Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise."

Comment

Originally posted by DerUnsympath View Post
            I must confess that I saw that coming a bit after the first episodes after O'Neill left the series. I didnt (and still dont) like Stargate that much anymore, though I still adore the SG universe, but its not the same without Jack anyhow IMO. I'm still watching it, and am sad that it will end after season 10, but since we're at season 8 here in Germany, there's still a lot of episodes to watch and look forward to for us.

I dont know what to watch when it will end here. SG is the only thing on tv - besides news - that I'm watching at the moment.
            I had that same feeling when Jack left, even though he wasn't much to me personally.
            Originally posted by G.B Shaw
            Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
            Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
            Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
            You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
            Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
            One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
            You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
            The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
            www.7-scales.co.uk
            http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
              I had that same feeling when Jack left, even though he wasn't much to me personally.
              For me he was the reason I started watching Stargate at all. And I really miss him and his humour.

But I guess thats off-topic and I should look for a "how did you find to SG" topic (hope I'll find it somedays, heh)
              "Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise."

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                It's not that BSG sell more, it's because Sci Fi get money for BSG DVD sales whereas they don't for SG ones.
                Precisely. Why would it matter to Sci-Fi how well or how poorly the Stargate DVDs sell if they don't benefit from them?

What matters is how many people watch it on the Sci-Fi channel.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by DerUnsympath View Post
                  I must confess that I saw that coming a bit after the first episodes after O'Neill and Hammond left the series. I didnt (and still dont) like Stargate that much anymore, though I still adore the SG universe, but its not the same without Jack anyhow IMO. I'm still watching it, and am sad that it will end after season 10, but since we're at season 8 here in Germany, there's still a lot of episodes to watch and look forward to for us.

I agree Jack was a important part to the Sg universe, and was sad to see him leave but I still enjoy Sg-1 as much or more without him.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    That makes no sense..
                    Are they getting more of the 'pie' from those sales?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      That makes no sense..
                      Are they getting more of the 'pie' from those sales?
                      It makes perfect sense. Sci Fi get no money at all for SG-1 DVD sales, but they do, for BSG DVD sales.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        They won't let anyone else have the rights to it because they're a bunch of idiots. Plain and simple.
                        That is so very FOX of them... *hate fox - stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab stab*

This is so painfully familiar - but I shall remain more upset about Firefly and Dark Angel because at least SG1 got 10 years...
                        : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                        : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

I think it will be several years before the impact of cancelling SG1 will show its effect on Scifi. Like in any other business ,cutting the workforce is an easier way to head into the black then actually trying to make it profitable. But we never know until either the company files for bankruptcy or actually becomes more profitable (ie Apple). Just my 2 cents.

Comment

They're not actually just being a bunch of jackasses, it's bad business sense to give the rights to someone else.

First off, the show has run for 10 years. Whoever picks it up would be gaining an already established franchise that scifi spent the money to establish. You generally don't want your work to support the competition.

Also, scifi will still be running Atlantis and they have contracts for several of the actors. Having some other network take SG-1 would cause all sorts of conflicts in plot consolidation and actor availability. Unless of course they just brought in an entirely new cast, which would defeat the purpose. Not to mention they'd have to give this new company the SGC set and millions of other little things they might need for Atlantis.

It really just doesn't make sense to give someone else SG1 while Atlantis is still running. And Atlantis can ____ my ____ so there ya go.

Comment

Originally posted by Supacacto View Post
                              They're not actually just being a bunch of jackasses, it's bad business sense to give the rights to someone else.

First off, the show has run for 10 years. Whoever picks it up would be gaining an already established franchise that scifi spent the money to establish. You generally don't want your work to support the competition.

Also, scifi will still be running Atlantis and they have contracts for several of the actors. Having some other network take SG-1 would cause all sorts of conflicts in plot consolidation and actor availability. Unless of course they just brought in an entirely new cast, which would defeat the purpose. Not to mention they'd have to give this new company the SGC set and millions of other little things they might need for Atlantis.

It really just doesn't make sense to give someone else SG1 while Atlantis is still running. And Atlantis can ____ my ____ so there ya go.
                              Sci Fi aren't the ones who hire the actors or write the scripts, they're just buying a product.

Comment

I don't care what any of you say SG-1 will always be a much better show than BSG. I personally could not watch more than a few minutes of that show. For Sci Fi to keep that frankly crappy show and cancel one of the few shows they have that is worth a crap. I find it extremely stupid of them. I also find it extremely childish that they will not relenquish their rights for another network to pick it up. Showtime (the original channel to air SG-1) had expressed interest in picking up the show for another season.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Working...
                                X