This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaotic_uk
    if that is the best they can do for the 200th ep , then i cannot see stargate sg1 lasting another season
    So, Chaotic, what was so poor about it?

Comment

it was bad. i'm not sure if it was THE worst, but it was bad, IMO. i know it was supposed to be a one-off OTT comedy ep, and i didn't mid that. in fact, i enjoyed Space Race, Avenger 2.0, The Other Guys, Urgo, and WoO. they had plots and good jokes. wonderful character beats and well written. i would even rewatch Wormhole X-treme. but not 200. i'm a long-term, die-hard (really really hard) fan with a custom avatar that would rewatch Avenger 2.0 and Wormhole X-treme, and i hated 200. feel free to have your heart attacks now. please note, you don't need any of these things to like/dislike 200, or be respected for your opinion of it.
      if people didn't want the landmark 200th ep to be a comedy, telling them that it was supposed to be doesn't change anything. if people didn't find it funny, telling them that it's a comedy doesn't change anything.
      i got most of the jokes, i just didn't find them funny. they were, for the most part, well incorporated and well acted. especially from the Big3, it was amazing to see them slip so readily back together. really reminded me of the lack of character interaction in season 9 and 10.
      the puppet scene dragged on way too long. though that's understandable, it doesn't change the fact that it was boring, and IMO could have been much better. i could have (maybe i did) scream at the Wizard of Oz skit. sam's dorothy, jack's scarecrow, it's one of the Big3's (probably Jack, maybe Teal'c's) idea. end of story. i could see where i was supposed to laugh, but i didn't. many of the jokes i saw coming from a mile away (there'll be spoilers, title sequence, etc). the ending interviews were the worst.
      TPTB also pointed out a lot of fans problems with the current show and basically told them (at least to my ears) to STFU. though mostly well written, it wasn't a love letter by any stretch of my imagination.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Nope, Avenger 2.0 still holds that place of "honor" for me.
        I am with you there Shipperahoy!, Avenger 2.0 was pure crapola.

I rather enjoyed 200, I knew it was going to be silly by the previews so I went into watching it knowing this. The puppet Thunderbirds, Star Trek and Furling themes cracked me up. That being said I would have preferred if they just did a serious episode that followed the current storyline.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Been awhile that I posted but still come here to read. I watch the 200 eps last night and I have been a die hard fan from the beginning and I though this eps was bad , I got the jokes ,I just didnt like the eps at all, I have'nt watch SGA yet but it seems to be an eps you will like or dislike as well.

Comment

rubbish! In my opinion it was the best episode I've every seen. So what if it wasn't in the slightest bit serious? I think that if you don't like this episode you've become so much of a Gate Geek that you're forgetting the fact that its only a show, and at the end of the day its only there for our viewing pleasure! So yeah, well done to everyone who had a part in creating that wonderful episode. All you miserable die-hards can stay miserable

Comment

ParadoxRealities

Like i said Paradox - wasn't dissmissing your feelings - but theyre were some very nice touches - the bit with Carter and Daniel on the chairs talking about Jack - theyre interactions - although brief - definetley showed a strong friendship. And some of the subtle gags (replacing the lead character), wern't all bad.

Don't get me wrong im not oblivious to some of the problems in the last 2 seasons or the 200, and I didn't mean to be adversarial - everyone just seems so down on SG-1 lately - i mean it hasn't murdered anyones first born or anything.
              Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

I am sorry to say that i rate 200 as the worst ep ever.

After all the hype and build up i was very disapointed with what happened. There were no answers, or gate travel. The whole thing was lame, and a joke.
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Worst episode ever. Not for me.

But it doesn't surprise me that some people think that - humor varies greatly. I've seen people who say they laughed themselves silly over the catfight in Prometheus Unbound and I thought it was cringeworthy.

IMO "200" was a little slow when I first watched it - in part because I was waiting for the bits I'd been spoiled on.

But when I watched it in the later showing I enjoyed it a lot more. Caught more of the jokes, I wasn't as put off by the pacing. Thought it was mostly fun and clever. I still think the "interviews" with the Wormhole Extreme actors at the end were funny, but also a little mean-spirited towards AT, RDA and MS. That CJ always gets off easy.

In the broad range of 200 episodes it doesn't come anywhere close to the bottom and is probably above the median point. But there's a lot of other episodes that are better.

Of the "bad" episodes already mentioned by others, my candidates for the bottom are "Avenger 2.0, Affinity, Need, Enemy Mine" just off the top of my head. Loved Lifeboat though. *g*
                  Last edited by keshou; 20 August 2006, 06:43 AM.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                    ParadoxRealities

Like i said Paradox - wasn't dissmissing your feelings - but theyre were some very nice touches - the bit with Carter and Daniel on the chairs talking about Jack - theyre interactions - although brief - definetley showed a strong friendship. And some of the subtle gags (replacing the lead character), wern't all bad.
                    see, that's what gets me. "nice" is a subjective term. (of course, last time you used "funny", which is also subjective. i can agree with some of the nice). i agree that the chair scene was ok, no bad, but not special (though i'd LOVE to see an ep about it). the AT, MS, CJ, and RDA were wonderful together, and i liked most of their beats. gonna miss RDA even more now. guess i was expecting it to be classic show quality since that's what they were celebrating (not to mention RDA back). and it didn't happen. a lot of the writing was cleaver, just not appealing. i'm not saying there weren't good parts, i'm saying there weren't great parts. and the good parts aren't where i was apparently "supposed" to find them: in the jokes and skits. they were in the simple fact that the team was back together, and i didn't enjoy the OTT humor ruining the moment.
                    personally, the "replacing the lead character" was about as subtle as a brick, and totally uncalled for. this has been a serious problem for many fans lately, and the line felt purposefully designed to laugh in our face.

Originally posted by Poseidon
                    Don't get me wrong im not oblivious to some of the problems in the last 2 seasons or the 200, and I didn't mean to be adversarial - everyone just seems so down on SG-1 lately - i mean it hasn't murdered anyones first born or anything.
                    i'm sorry, i get where you're coming from now. your first post seemed to say "i respect you're opinion, but you're wrong", which gets me a little ticked, to say the least. thanks for explaining.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Garethhall
                      I have just watched the 200th episode, i think it is the worst one EVER! I ts asbolutly CRAP and i see no relevance of how this episode benefits the season! I all so had a look and the poll(reviews) for the episode, I have to qeustion the results so far? I cant and will not beliefe that 2853 voters thought that it is outstanding! This make me think that the results riged.
                      I am a Stargate diehard fan but I am not impressed with this episode

What are your thoughts?
                      As one diehard to another, I think the best Sci-Fi show is one that can make fun of itself. The creators the actors, everyone involved with the show showed great courage with the amount of sharks they jumped with this ep. Did it have any relevance to the season? No. But honestly, it's the 200th ep. That’s a big deal...a HUGE deal and...in the paraphrased words of Teal'c, why must everything in the script inevitably explode….or why can’t a show be silly and fun every once and a while?
                      McKay:...ZedPM
                      O'Neill: Zed?
                      Jackson: He's Canadian
                      O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Wow, I am shocked, SHOCKED, that someone posts a negative opinion about one episode and they're immediately attacked for not having a sense of humor, not being intelligent, not being sane, and accused of being a sock. That's NEVER happened on this board before.

IMO 200 was better than I thought it was going to be but still had its problems.

Dani, if you're a puppet who's holding the strings?

Comment

see, that's what gets me. "nice" is a subjective term.

To be fair Paradox - worst episode ever is just as subjective -

the AT, MS, CJ, and RDA were wonderful together, and i liked most of their beats. gonna miss RDA even more now. guess i was expecting it to be classic show quality since that's what they were celebrating (not to mention RDA back).

Too true!! Nice to see the old crew together!! - So theres a positive!!

i'm not saying there weren't good parts, i'm saying there weren't great parts.

Good is just as subjective too - i think the SG writers in this case were going for something different and its obvious that its split people down the middle.

personally, the "replacing the lead character" was about as subtle as a brick, and totally uncalled for. this has been a serious problem for many fans lately, and the line felt purposefully designed to laugh in our face.

Yes your not alone on that one, but i don't think the intention was to spit in the face of fans - why would they?

I mean't what i said, im not disrespecting your opinion your just as entitled to it as mine - i come here for the DEBATE- although i get scorned for being pro/con - im just trying to see both sides.
                          Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

I enjoyed some of 200, got most of the jokes but didn't find them all hilarious or even remotely humorous.
                            I did loved invisible O'Neill (new spin off series and RDA can actually phone it in from Malibu).
                            But I was expecting more - a plot perhaps, silly, silly me. I don't consider this as part of canon.
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

lol I thought it was all so hilarious, and I was pretty skeptical at first.

Comment

What part of

Debate the topic, not each other
                                respect others opinions
                                don't call people names

do you people not understand????

what the frak does it matter if someone else doesn't like the episode? Does them not liking it mean that now you can't? I don't like watermelon, does that mean that everyone on this forum is now not allowed to eat watermelon? Are your personal opinions so weak that you're threatened if someone dares to disagree with you?

Grow up and get over it. Opinions vary, That's a fact of life. Accept that others have differing opinions and move on. If we all had the exact same opinions the world would be a bloody boring place.

KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC!!

The next person that

accuses someone of being a sockie
                                calls someone names
                                disrespects others

will find themselves on moderation.

We are NOT going to have pro and anti threads for every single episode. You folks will learn to respect and accept others' opinions. And if you can't do that, then move on down the road and find somewhere else to play.

And YES this is an official moderator post, like the other two that are in this thread that everyone so blythly ignored. You will play well with each other or you're not going to play at all.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X