This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esquin
    The episode was funny. I'm not going to deny that. But as a 200th episode it was totaly out of place. The 200th episode should of been a huge moment, something memorable that none of us would ever forget. My theory from earlier in the year about have the episode be based around George Hammond dieing, or something similar to this for example. And event that would of changed the Stargate Universe forever and made a lasting impact in the midns of the fans.

Instead we were left with a joke episode which mocked Stargate and most people will likely not even mention again untill, god willnig, the 300th episode comes around.

There was nothing wrong with the episode itself, parts were funny, and some jsut made me cringe. But it did not belong as a 200th episode.
    I must disagree. I thought it was the perfect episode for the 200th and I didn't think ot could have been done anyother way. IMO their is only one word to describe this ep. PERFECT!
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I have been a fan from the begining. I saw the movie and I saw the first airing of the pilot in Australia. And I thought the episode was totally unsuitable for the 200th episode. Womrhole X tream was stupid, this one was worse. And I truely never thought I'd ever say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
        I have been a fan from the begining. I saw the movie and I saw the first airing of the pilot in Australia. And I thought the episode was totally unsuitable for the 200th episode. Womrhole X tream was stupid, this one was worse. And I truely never thought I'd ever say that.
        Sorry you feel that way. We must agree to disagree.

Comment

I liked the 200th epi. It was funny and entertaining. I'm not the biggest fan of the Ori storyarch, so this was nice for a change.
          Spoiler:

"When there is life, there is despair"

Comment

Originally posted by GrantZ
            I liked the 200th epi. It was funny and entertaining. I'm not the biggest fan of the Ori storyarch, so this was nice for a change.
            I just have to say I love your pic of the Prez! I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
              Sorry you feel that way. We must agree to disagree.
              No not really. I'm disagreeing with you, theres no agreeing going on at all. I think your wrong thats all there is to it.

Comment

Other than the first episode, Stargate was never supposed to be a serious show. The reason why cut down on the nudity and violence, and add more humor after the first episode was because Showtime wanted Stargate to have much a broader appeal. Stargate was like the only Showtime original show that didn't have nudity, violence and bad language. Just watch The Outer Limits, a lot of the people who worked on that show are working on Stargate. Stargate could have been like The Outer Limits in terms of the amount of adult content but it was intentionally toned down to make it more family friendly.

Comment

Not the worst episode I think, but it wasn't all that good either. It had it's moments of fun. But as been said before, I wish they would have done something more special for the 200th. Now we got another Wormhole X-tream, 100th was enough. The ending for this episode was probably the worst part, not fun at all and they really should have come up with something better for an ending for this ep. Nah, not a milestone episode that I will remember as the special 200th...

Comment

Originally posted by PSp2gamer
                    I thought the episode was great, very funny! I dont see why you wouldnt like it, so what if the story didnt move on, that is a good thing. You cant have every episode looking for the Ori Weapon. You still need oddball episodes or exploring ones. Otherwise it gets really boring.
                    DAMN STRAIGHT!! hit the nail on the head for me mate!! YAY FOR THE 200th EP!!!
                    MY IDOLS
                    Look At Moiye KIMMY, Look at Moiye!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

I would think this would be a love it or hate it ep. Long time fans that spend a lot of times on the board will likely get all the jokes and if they dont feel like they were being laughed at, probably would like it. On the other hand if you like serious scifi or actual continuity in your scifi show then you are probably going to hate an ep like this.

I can see 56% of the people who come to gateworld liking this ep.
                      I agree, this is a hate it or love it episode. The ending was a little eh but I enjoyed this episode. Jack coming back made it all the more sweeter.

Teal'C PI
                      We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

wtf...we can't dial the gate that's bull***t

it totally sucked...probably the most lame stargate ep ever
                        http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

If you saw this episode and hated it, thats all on you. This episode was NOT intened to be a serious episode and have any impact in the SG universe. it was just a fun show to shoot in honor of the 200th episode. I totally agree with you if it WAS intended to be serious, but it was not so i LOVED it!
                          sigpic
                          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Besides the obvious jokes, there were many less obvious features of this excellent episode...

For example, I think RDA is clearly aware he is no longer hunk dude, so they found ways to put him in the episode without showing his face. He was a puppet, invisible and quoted in clips quite a bit.

My favorite was the running, "it's all about me" roast of the Mitchell character. 200 is about me. I write scenes about me. I "LOVED" the other characters asking him about what the rest of the team was doing while he was saving the base and especially, the Son of Jack implication that explains why he got the SG-1 job in the first place. Now if you really like season 9, I can see how you would not like this material. I thought it was right on the button satire with some funny and just enough truth to provide the zing.

I almost died after puppet Carter batted her eyelashes after 2 minutes of techno babble.......

The spoof of Star Trek, Farscape and the others were well done.

The inside stuff about how Sci-Fi shows are written was funny and interesting. The "Hang the Lantern" reference was fascinating. I'm going to look for it when I re-watch other Sci-fi shows.

Personally, I think some folks have no sense of humour OR take the show too seriously OR just love Ben Browder and don't want him touched.....

Comment

I'm normally a floater round these parts but seeing some of the posts on this episode, I just had to sign up.

I'm shocked that some people hated this episode, I really am. I thought it was very funny, tear-making funny at times. There were a few bits that weren't so great, but on the whole, fantastic.

It was not meant to be serious in any way, almost like a floating episode. The people who have spent time debating about the episode and the plot, obviously missed all the humour in it. Shame, because if you'd let yourself go - you would have enjoyed it.

Christian Bocher once again played MS exactly as my impression of him is, and again had soem great lines. My favourite being :-

'Id like to thank the fans and the website...uh...whats it called again...www...something, www.savedanieljackson.com.'

And after the interview - 'Can I get my f***ing sandwich?'

Tears in the eyes, just a shame the younger Deluise couldn't return from Wormhole X-Treme, as I loved him in that - 'can I get a half-apple? And you don't have to hit me that hard, you know'.

The puppets were beyond funny, and Thor in Farscape - TV Gold.

Comment

if that is the best they can do for the 200th ep , then i cannot see stargate sg1 lasting another season

Comment

Working...
                                X