This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by full.infinity
    I've noticed a consistent thread among 99% of the people who have been posting and saying that 200 sucks. All of them(except one or two) have under 100 posts and pretty much just signed up. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them were really just clones of antis.
    and if there was a huge influx of short term posters ravign about it would you be accusing the pro's of creating sockies?????

Let's lose the baseless accusations because,for all we know, the influx of new folks are nothing more than folks that were so moved by the episode that they were motivated to join the forum to express themselves.

The topic is the 200th episode, not other fans. Let's keep it on topic.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      Maggothole X-Treme still has my vote as Worst Episode Ever.

Although, it's perfectly valid for someone to find this episode the worst and no one should be taken to task for it.

Also, there really shouldn't be surprise that there are people who like it. There shouldn't be surprise that there are people who think the exact opposite about the episode than you (in general ) do. We don't share the same brain.
      I agree entirely. On top of the "it's all gold" crowd and the "it sucks eggs crowd", there are people (like me) who thought parts of it were brilliant and other parts fell flat. I guess by some people's standards that means I'm not a "true fan."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Garethhall
        I have just watched the 200th episode, i think it is the worst one EVER! I ts asbolutly CRAP and i see no relevance of how this episode benefits the season! I all so had a look and the poll(reviews) for the episode, I have to qeustion the results so far? I cant and will not beliefe that 2853 voters thought that it is outstanding! This make me think that the results riged.
        I am a Stargate diehard fan but I am not impressed with this episode

What are your thoughts?

I disagree with you, this is not the worst episode ever. I really liked it, it was pretty much all comedy, and you would have to understand most of the jokes that they told.

Just laugh, if you are not laughing, you are not living.

Comment

I'm not a true fan, either. I'm actually a puppet.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshot
            It's actually no different from Wormhole Xtreme in season 6 or Window of Opportunity.
            Wormhole Xtreme was in Season 5 not Season 6

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            Nope, Avenger 2.0 still holds that place of "honor" for me.
            Emancipation still holds the honor of Worst SG-1 episode ever. And besides I thought it was awesome
            sigpic

Comment

It was fuuny. I enjoyied and think to really get alot of this episode you have had to been a fan since SG1 was on showtime. The jokes, everything about it was good.
              May the force be with you

Comment

oh please people! lighten up! its a joke just like X-Treme and a few others, it does have a storyline, it does have plot and it does not fit into the season nor does it need to! sit back and just have a good time laughing at the jokes....
                Stargate Omega - Moderator

Comment

Well that explains your button eyes and yarn hair.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

200th was nothing more than a spoof. It wasnt meant to be viewed as a "regular" episode. Think about it. There was no fighting, saving the day, getting beat by the Ori, etc... The producers even said the episode was going to be a joke just to be different.

Comment

The problem with telling people that the episode was a joke as the ultimate reason for why they should like it is not everyone finds every joke funny. Not all comedy appeals to all people (you can't convince me that Adam Sandler is funny). And, not all people feel comedy is appropriate when you feel it is. If someone feels a serious episode would have been better or if a different type of comedic one, it's as valid a view as saying that it's a great episode because of the humor.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I don't think anything will ever remove

need
                        enemy mine
                        life boat

from my 'i'll watch ECW before i watch them again' list

at least 200 made me laugh, the above made me cringe
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          I don't think anything will ever remove

need
                          enemy mine
                          life boat

from my 'i'll watch ECW before i watch them again' list

at least 200 made me laugh, the above made me cringe
                          See its a funny funny world with many, many opinions.
                          I actually liked all of those eps and would never watch ECW before gouging my own eyes out. On the other hand I hated the ep Gemini with the fire of a thousand suns.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

For me, 200th is neither the worst (besides Tapeworm X-Treme, I'd also list Gemini, Avenger 2.0, and Affinity before it) or the best (too many which push it out of contention). I liked it enough, and probably won't think too much about it as more episodes come around.

Comment

and if there was a huge influx of short term posters ravign about it would you be accusing the pro's of creating sockies?
                              Possibly, if everyone else was complaining.

Let's lose the baseless accusations because,for all we know, the influx of new folks are nothing more than folks that were so moved by the episode that they were motivated to join the forum to express themselves.
                              Or, they were actually evil robots as part of a secret plot to take over Gateworld by complaining about the 200th episode. And I say it, so it must be true.
                              And you're not even a good puppet, considering that you admitted it! Now I'll have to get another one to do my dastardly deeds.
                              my 'i'll watch ECW before i watch them again' list
                              Wow, that's harsh.
                              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                              -Audioslave

Comment

My family's not missed one episode since it first came out.
                                We've been hooked since the movie with Kurt Russell came out.
                                So...please don't put those of us that don't have many posts down and say we're not trrue fans.
                                Also....got every dvd that's been put out and got it all on vhs to watch til box sets come out.

Comment

Working...
                                X