Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to become the Fifth Race?(Unending Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Furlings are dead! We accidently blew up their planet, remember?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Whats cool about this is that the 304s are now some of the strongest ships in Sci-Fi.

It'll rip open a new one on an Imperial Star Destroyer. LOL!
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Remember that Thor said that had some other Asgard had their way, all that technology and stuff wouldnt be in Earths hands. It was the simple matter that they were dying AND Thor's influence that resulted in Earth getting the Asgard computer core.

Doubt the Nox would consider Earth fifth race material yet...

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Whats cool about this is that the 304s are now some of the strongest ships in Sci-Fi. It'll rip open a new one on an Imperial Star Destroyer. LOL!
          Err, no. Sorry, but Star Wars tech is just ridiculously overpowered compared to just about every other televised or film sci-fi. Stargate tech has been improving rapidly over the last few seasons, to the point that the main ships are now at least equal (and probably superior) to equivalent sized Star Trek TNG ships in firepower and shielding (and have much faster FTL). But Star Wars is just something else; even the most powerful ships in Stargate don't really have a chance against Imperial technology. For example, the super-powerful Asuran beam weapon that seriously threatened Atlantis took around a minute to cut through a moderate sized asteroid - in 'The Empire Strikes Back' Star Destroyers are seen destroying similar sized asteroids with single shots from their turbolasers. Based on what the Asuran beam did to the Odyssey, it's pretty clear that a single volley of Star Destroyer turbolaser fire would take out a 304. The best available figures for Hattak firepower are around 200 megatons equivalent a shot, whereas Star Wars capital ship weapons work out to hundreds of gigatons a shot, a thousand times more powerful. An Ori battlecruiser or Asgard-upgraded 304 would stand a better chance, but Star Destroyer firepower is still excessive; we've seen Ori ships blow up small mountains with their main beams, but in the Star Wars novels single Star Destroyers can turn the entire surface of a planet into lava with sustained bombardment. OTOH if Ancient drones go through SW shields (a big if) an Aurora class ship might be able to take out an Imperator-class SD, and a fully powered ancient city ship should be able to take out a squadron of them. But then Imperators are actually one of the smaller, more common Star Wars ship types; an Executor class ship ('Super Star Destroyer') would own a city ship, and an Eclipse class ship could vaporise Atlantis (and a fair chunk of any planet it happens to be on) with a single shot from its axial superlaser. Then there are the various Imperial superweapons (Death Stars, Galaxy Gun, Suncrusher, World Devestators, Star Forge etc etc), which outclass even the fairly impressive Stargate superweapons.

It's not that I'm a Star Wars fanboy - I love Stargate and I think a lot of Star Wars stuff is more fantasy than sci-fi. But as shown on screen, Star Wars tech is just way more powerful than any other universe's, plus the fleets and armies are much bigger than anything we've seen in other universes. To find a universe that beats Star Wars you really have to look at sci-fi novels, e.g. the Culture and Xeelee settings.
          Last edited by Starglider; 15 March 2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Well technically only one race has died out, the Asgard however by your definition of dead, only 2 of 4 are dead, Ancients and Asgard.

I remember hearing about how the Paradise Lost skeletons were originally intended to be Furlings but that idea was scrapped so the Furlings can still be out there doing god knows what.

sigpic

Comment

The Nox are clearly on a path to ascension. I doubt they'll have anything to do with, even though the Asgard's last act was to anoint us as their more-or-less successor.

If you listen to the Asgard in "The Fifth Race" he uses the past-tense when talking about the Great Alliance of Four Races. He doesn't say, right out, that the alliance is dead, but it's heavily implied. I mean, you wouldn't say, today, that "long ago there was a union of fifty states on the North American continent."

So I think that the alliance broke long ago, in deep time. Maybe even millions of years ago, before the Ancients left for Pegasus. We might never know, because the writers might keep everything vague. I definitely think there are some story possibilities there, in Atlantis and the new series. Of course, there might even be an SG-1 movie in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                So Thor has declared the Tau'ri to be "The Fifth Race", a full member of the Alliance of Great Races.

Does this mean the Nox, who only eight years ago called us too young, will now open up to us on a similar level?

Their tech and abilities must be phenomenal, and could be a incredible help against the Ori or anyone else.
                The Nox always make for a great discussion don't they? I love em!! I guess the real question is how much does the fifth race even mean anymore? Do the Asgard and the Nox still interact on this kind of level? And if they did why havn't the Nox helped with the Ori. You know, be a pacifist, fine just cloak the entire milky way, and I will be the first one to sit next to you and pop a cold one. You don't have to fight to help.
                You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Some people who post serious spoilers like this put them under tags-- this serious serious spoiler might have been nice to have been "tagged".Like this

Spoiler:
                  I'm profoundly sad-- that Britain gets SG-1 before America does. (sigh).

I went headfirst into this thread without realising that there were these serious spoilers in it.
                  "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

2 out of 3 you mean no body knows what happend to the nox

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

I'm really hoping that if the movies continue to be made we see more of the Nox, more so than the Furlings infact.

Comment

We actually have 3 out of 4 left. The Asgard died out. The Ancients ascended (not the same as dying), the Nox are alive and well like you said, and we have no clue about the Furlings, which is hardly grounds to call them "dead", unless I misinterpreted, which is a very likely possibility. I kind of do that.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                          Does this mean we'll get to know the Furlings at last ????
                          Hah hah, that's the very first thing I thought of when I found out
                          Spoiler:
                          that we were given all of the Asgard's knowledge
                          . I hope so!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
                            So I think that the alliance broke long ago, in deep time. Maybe even millions of years ago, before the Ancients left for Pegasus. We might never know, because the writers might keep everything vague. I definitely think there are some story possibilities there, in Atlantis and the new series. Of course, there might even be an SG-1 movie in it.
                            The Alliance of Great Races had to happen after the Ancients left for Pegasus and their subsequent return to the Milky Way. The Asgard had only been a spacefairing species for 30,000 years or less. Heimdal stated as much in Revelations, and even then they started with sleeper ships.

I personally believe that after the Lantians departed for Pegasus and those left behind died from the disease, some Lantians later returned to the Milky Way galaxy. It was this segment that hooked up and dominated in the Alliance of Races. Then when the Wraith War heated up, the Lantians "left this region of space" (Fifth Race) to help their Pegasus bretherin out, though without much success.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

OMG....... OMG........ OMG........ OMG........ OMG!!!!!

I cant wait for S10 to come out here on DvD (S9 & 2nd 1/2 of SGA S2 have only just started here, thank god for DvD ).
                              Now we can’t see it on youtube- which I understand, but it still sucks for us fans who are 1-2 years behind, buy all the DvDs & even though the DvDs come out before the show airs, still watch it when it does finally arrive (yes I'm a confirmed SG junkie & now with out my S10 & SGA3fix ).
                              We don’t even have the option of downloading it from ITunes store as it only does music here .
                              Now that YouTube is bare,
                              I'm in despair,
                              I'll have to wait for over a year .
                              On the upside in all likely hood, I'll have gone stark raving mad waiting looonnnggg before S10 or SGA3 gets here .....Though, come to think of it... ...............it may already be to late .

I cant wait......I cant wait.....I cant wait......I cant wait.....I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just to confirm.......
                                ALL our little grey buddies kicked the bucket? *sniff*

Comment

Working...
                                X