Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to become the Fifth Race?(Unending Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
    Their tech might not be phenomenal, I don't expect that to be the case. I do think they're physical abilities are interesting, but they aren't on my list of the "most powerful races."
    Why teh earthlingz got everything they do... a flying city that can turn invisible (atlantis), the ability to bring back the recent dead (telchaks doodad), and crazy frizzy hair (sheppards do) They would just be redundant!

Comment

Random Asgard #2 said in "The Fifth Race" that we'd taken the first step towards becoming the Fifth Race. This was repeated by Thor in "Unending".

But then came the sad, sad end of the Asgard.

So now three out of four races of the Alliance are gone (that we know of).

1) The Ancients were the first to go, dying out approximately 10,000 years ago (well, single Ancients might have survived and spawned half-breeds that were pretty Ancient for a few generations, but their race died out some 10,000 years ago)
      2) The Furlings all took a cue from the Nox and decided to become hippies and created a special Paradise on... well... a moon. Then some Goa'uld came along and used a plant to make them all kill each other.
      3) The Asgard blew up Orilla after their bodies had degenerated too far due to their disease, which came about due to genetic tampering.

The only remaining race is the Nox, who are true hugging hippies.

So now, the fate of the galaxy, nay, the entire universe rests solely on the shoulders of the Tau'ri? Whenever an evil power arises, the Fifth Race will be there to defeat it? All of the other great races are either dead or Ghandi-like hippies.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        Random Asgard #2 said in "The Fifth Race" that we'd taken the first step towards becoming the Fifth Race. This was repeated by Thor in "Unending".

But then came the sad, sad end of the Asgard.

So now three out of four races of the Alliance are gone (that we know of).

1) The Ancients were the first to go, dying out approximately 10,000 years ago (well, single Ancients might have survived and spawned half-breeds that were pretty Ancient for a few generations, but their race died out some 10,000 years ago)
        2) The Furlings all took a cue from the Nox and decided to become hippies and created a special Paradise on... well... a moon. Then some Goa'uld came along and used a plant to make them all kill each other.
        3) The Asgard blew up Orilla after their bodies had degenerated too far due to their disease, which came about due to genetic tampering.

The only remaining race is the Nox, who are true hugging hippies.

So now, the fate of the galaxy, nay, the entire universe rests solely on the shoulders of the Tau'ri? Whenever an evil power arises, the Fifth Race will be there to defeat it? All of the other great races are either dead or Ghandi-like hippies.
        In Unending Thor said that we are The Fifth Race, not that we took another step to becoming that.
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
        The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Which is exactly why we need more nuclear weapons and power here on Earth! We don't want to end up like the Nox do we? First order of business in 'Operation not be like the Nox' -> Disband Greenpeace

Comment

Originally posted by Tovny View Post
            In Unending Thor said that we are The Fifth Race, not that we took another step to becoming that.
            Yes, but I very much doubt he meant that he thought we were ready to be included in the pantheon of the Alliance just yet. After all, most of our progress has come through copying alien technology and even then we're still vastly behind the Goa'uld (well, all the way up to the point where the Asgard gave us their tech).

Comment

The whole fifth race comment was stupid. Fifth race of what? The alliance broke up!

Asguard: Committed mass suicide in the SG-1 finale.
              Ancients: Flew away to the Pegasus galaxy, then returned 10,000 years ago after the Wraith defeated them. With so few left, they decided to live out their lives in peace while some ascended.
              Nox: Only seen in one episode. They seem entirely content to stick to their one world. We've seen a single Nox character return in two more episodes, but that was mainly because she had ties to the Tollan.
              Furlings: Who and where are they? We don't know. They're just... "gone."

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                Yes, but I very much doubt he meant that he thought we were ready to be included in the pantheon of the Alliance just yet. After all, most of our progress has come through copying alien technology and even then we're still vastly behind the Goa'uld (well, all the way up to the point where the Asgard gave us their tech).
                Hell if it weren't for the Asgard we would still be using Prometheus class ships and one would probably get destroyed from one shot of a Ha'tak plasma weapons if the wouldn't give us their shields.
                Spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

Woah really shouldn't of read this thread....but hey, i really hope the Nox are advanced and have some decent tech, maybe even take up a further role in the movies of some sort. But its good we're the fifth race, but in reality its two out of five dead, or two out of four as we don't know about the Furlings right now.

And is it just me or when i hear or mention Furlings do i get the picture of this;

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully the Nox get explored moe in the movies and open up to us, but i feel other than the invisbility we cannot say whether or not they would have the tech or know how to fight a war. As if i remember right they are pasicist type people, they would rather hide than fight which they do perfectly, we like the Asgard and Ancients will fight our problems not hide away so the Nox really probably don't have high tech weaponry or out of that sort as they would never need it...
                    sigpic

Comment

man I really do believe they were talking about the whole human race, what it will become, I mean they studied us for thousands of years, they knew more about us than we know...

Comment

In my eyes we are unofficially the fifth race the alliance broke up for whatever reason.

the asgard have always liked us and i think telling that we are the fifth race was a race to raise our mood considering how badly the war with the ori is going.,
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                          oh and btw, since the deadalus is in Pegasus, Hermiod should be there as well, no ? Unless he took a cab back for a one way trip in the milky way
                          If the Daedalus was in the Pegasus galaxy they could've used it to attack the Asuran homeworld when the Apollo took too much damage to do so in order to shut down the gate from their end. Most likely it was already back in the Milky Way or at least mostly through the void. Regardless, with a ZPM Atlantis could've sent him straight back to the Ida galaxy long before the Daedalus left.

Comment

Are the Asgard really dead though? We can presume they carried on with their suicide(s), but never actually saw it happening. That book hasn't been closed entirely, in my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Purgatory View Post
                              Are the Asgard really dead though? We can presume they carried on with their suicide(s), but never actually saw it happening. That book hasn't been closed entirely, in my opinion...
                              They commited mass suicide when the Ori came upon them like a ton of bricks. They can't handle the Ori on their own and would've died anyway.

Besides, they couldn't solve their cloning/reproduction issue, so they passed the torch onto the Tau'ri.

It took a combo of Ancient and Asgard technology to defeat the Ori ships. Ori shields just "fluctuate", their one flaw. Story-wise they need to have this flaw, otherwise we'd have no way of defeating them.

Just feel lucky that it doesn't always hold like the Ancient/Atlantis shields, as long as it was powered. Hmm... imagine, if the Ori used Ancient shields but with that Ori power source...

Don't forget that only the Oddessy has a ZPM. So even if they upgrade the Apollo and Daedalus they will nowhere be as powerful as the ZPM backed Oddessy.
                              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Conor View Post
                                Which is exactly why we need more nuclear weapons and power here on Earth! We don't want to end up like the Nox do we? First order of business in 'Operation not be like the Nox' -> Disband Greenpeace
                                I'd rather end up like the Nox than the Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                                X