Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we going to become the Fifth Race?(Unending Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in season 10 last episode the Asgard say you ARE THE FIFTH RACE
    I WILL KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND

Comment

I guess this thread has it's answer now.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:

Of course, by the time we actually get to be the Fifth Race...
        the Asgard destroyed themselves,
        the Nox have been out of the picture since forever,
        the Ancients are all ascended and won't really help,
        the Furlings are pretty much non-existent.

We're finally in the great alliance....and we're all on our own...again...
        sine sine cosine sine,
        three point one four one five nine!
        Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
        [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
        This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

I hope we see the Nox in a movie, would be interesting to see what they make of the Asgard's declaration.

Comment

at the end of the last episode, Thor told Sam that we were the 5th race.

edited::
            ah I see someone else answered that

Comment

Now
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Let's hope we do Thor proud and show we have earned their trust. And prove those Asgard who disagreed that we can be the Fifth Race

Spoiler:
                If I find that Earth has lost or destroyed the Asgard's Technology and knowledge I will not be happy!
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

What of the race in Enigma, The race that we sent off to live with the Nox. They are far more advanced than we were and are, they seemed to be close to becoming a fifth race if that was even possible any more.

This is a huge spoiler about the end of season 10. Since all season 10 has been aired in the UK.
                  Spoiler:
                  We are the fifth race at the end of season 10, all the season 10 episodes have aired in the UK. We are entrusted with all that is asgard. The only reason it seems they call us the fifth race though is because we are trusted to carry on their legacy. I have no idea why the Nox or Furlings were unable to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Diselage View Post
                    What of the race in Enigma, The race that we sent off to live with the Nox. They are far more advanced than we were and are, they seemed to be close to becoming a fifth race if that was even possible any more.
                    They were the Tollan, who as far as we know were wiped out by Anubis in "Between Two Fires"
                    Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

The Tollan were HUMAN !!!
                      It's the same race, they only had better tech because they didn't have 1000 years of wars like we did in the middle ages (and then some)...and yes they were pretty much wiped out...

Comment

I think we are not the "fifth race". We got our technology like the Goa'uld (there were some gift too), but we created almost nothing new. We don't rule on planets, we are not able to create lifeforms. OK, we defeated the Goa'uld and the replicators, but there was a great luck too. Will we be the new protector of the galaxies or what?
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Thor: You are the Fifth race. Your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you, and your people.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Thor: You are the Fifth race. Your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you, and your people.
                            I hope that Atlantis season 4, the DVD films and the third series will prove it that they made a good choice.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The asgard is finally calling us the fifth race.
                              Just got a theory on this now.

4 races : Ancient, nox, furlings and asgard

Ancient : pretty much gone on some point of vue
                              furling : I think its safe to say they are gone
                              Nox : not gone but kinda inactive. (Which now makes me believe the nox might have been more involved in this galaxy)
                              asgard : now gone.

and then the tauri emerges as the fifth race. Maybe in season 2`s "The fifth race" when the asgard says we made a step in becoming the fifth race, at that point they say we had potential, perhaps to be the successor of the alliance? When all the four races will be gone, we will be there, the fifth race, the dominant race on this galaxy.

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Well, that wasn't the literal intent behind the dialogue, because in season two the writers had no idea where they were going to take everything.

But yeah, in a grand scheme, I agree with you.

We're now the dominant and most advanced force for good around. I almost immediately thought of the end of the Shadow War in Babylon 5. All the first ones left, including the youngest of that group, the Vorlons and the Shadows, leaving primarily the Minbari and Humans to more-or-less lead the galaxy.

The writers have set the Tau'ri up to have ever more massive responsibilities in the coming season of Atlantis, not to mention the new show.

Comment

Working...
                                X