The ori are bad... why exactly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Engineer
    The most important question is: What exactly IS evil?
    It may seem simple but it is not.
    Engineer... we get it... you believe in moral relativity...

Comment

Debate it as much as you want, some times the only way to win is to deny a battle! > If you emidiatly know the Candle lights fire...

To answer your thread question the ori are only "bad" if you consider them to be , you can have all your own reasons.
      The MT one has MT will,
      The MT one is MT still!!!
      ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
      ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

Originally posted by Attilitus
        Engineer... we get it... you believe in moral relativity...
        There is no need to be sarcastic.
        School is overrated.

Comment

To be honest that is what makes me think most strongly that they are going to be a "true enemy" the "candlelights and fire"

But they did kindof explain that the Ancients ingrained this connection between fire and evil in humankind.

Comment

There is no need to be sarcastic.
            Sorry but after two "no kiddings" I thought it would be more polite to be a bit blunt and get back on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
              I think what you're saying is basically what Adria said in 'flesh and blood'. They are only considered evil as the Ancients are considered good even though I personally think after seeing 'the pegasus project' they shouldn't be considered good
              Spoiler:
              What morgan le faye was saying was the ancients only care about themselves and no one else
              to me that doesn't scream goodness.
              I guess another point of view would be that saving the rat would only led to the rat bitting you or some other consequense. that rat might later make another rat suffer so then it would be your fault for releasing the original rat!
              The MT one has MT will,
              ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

but I figured I would just point out that aside from forcing people to worship them...
                ...which is pretty damn bad if you ask me.

If some guy asked you to bow down before him and don't get up for 6 hours, would you like it? It's all about personal violations of belief.

Are you a religious man?

Comment

Not religious at all.

I can see how it would totally suck for people living happily in the current state of affairs... still it makes you wonder if on the asended level who is in the moral right the ancients or the ori... keeping in mind that they care for the "bigger longer term" picture which you would at least hope would see peace and contentment among mortals better than continuous bitter conflict.

By the way I am kindof playing the devils advocate for the sake of argument in this thread as I am curious how it is going to go. (Thus my dislike for discussion ending moral relativistic explanations)

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                    Are you a religious man?
                    What? Are you going to marry him?
                    The MT one has MT will,
                    ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

I think he was just wondering if I was a religious nut or something.

Comment

Sorry but after two "no kiddings" I thought it would be more polite to be a bit blunt and get back on topic.
                        The title of this thread is "The ori are bad... why exactly?"
                        Discussing about "bad", "evil" is still on topic because it is the nature of those who are to be discussed.
                        So what is evil?
                        To enforce your beliefs, your oppinions, your way of life, everything to others that may be very well happy without them.
                        Saying to stay on topic because you believe I wasn't does not compensate for rudeness.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

I have made some of these points myself. The people on these planets aren't living in fear, of what the Ori might do to them. They go about their lives in peace, left to their own devices by the Ori, until someone strays from the path that lead to enlightenment. What this is? They have food, shelter, they don't have to worry about their life being sucked, or some malevolent race from another planet, they live in harmony for the most part, all because of the Ori. The Ancient's haven't fixed any of the problems they created, the Wraith,
                          Spoiler:
                          the Asurans
                          . I mean allowing people to be fed on by such a vicious enemy, because of your mistake, seems a lot worse than what the Ori are doing, at the very least equal to what they are doing.

Comment

The title of this thread is "The ori are bad... why exactly?"
                            Discussing about "bad", "evil" is still on topic because it is the nature of those who are to be discussed.
                            So what is evil?
                            To enforce your beliefs, your oppinions, your way of life, everything to others that may be very well happy without them.
                            Saying to stay on topic because you believe I wasn't does not compensate for rudeness.
                            Sorry for the rudeness.

Comment

Debate it as much as you want, some times the only way to win is to deny a battle! >look a little harder
                              The MT one has MT will,
                              ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

Originally posted by MTgate
                                Debate it as much as you want, some times the only way to win is to deny a battle! >look a little harder
                                Only if you can afford to do so. Otherwise you end up a victim. And this is what the Ancients will become if they choose to deny the battle.
                                School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X